Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Thanks Thrasher

Featured Sponsor

Thanks for the heads up on that video, it helps in understanding what went wrong, if you have more information of how it happened you can instruct the younger ones or apps about the dangers. Like a teaching tool of why you don't do certain things and your apps. does not understand why.

looks like something consumers energy built
    Hemingray Insulators
    work smart, go home every night

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

Thumbs up Great video...

Featured Sponsorr

Had a similar instance happen to me a few years back in Louisville,KY. We got a call for wire down and on fire late one afternoon. When we got there a huge tree had fell across a 12KV circuit of 795 Hendrix cable and broke all three phases mid span. The phases were on the ground and burning like crazy and not one pole from them on the source side was a set of reclosers. Dispatch told us to open them but the fire was so intense and spreading you couldn't get near them so we had dispatch open the breakers in the sub. Most of our 12Kv is on scada here. Fire had burnt for a good 45 min before we could get it out. Reclosers and sub just saw everything as load and wouldn't lock out.

LG@E happend to have a supervisor come out to the site and he had filmed it and later showed it to the folks who work in the office. They just wanted to give them an idea of what we work with and I wasn't there to see the reaction but they said that when they showed the tape people in the front of the room got up and walked to the back because it was so disturbing..