Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Talking Funny video about framing a pole

Featured Sponsor

Working on a project (tool) that we might use in our trade, had a demo video made and added a funny skit at the end, if you got time check it out and thanks for looking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB0bLTJaM20
    www.linemansapparel.com

Default thems not

thems not lineman ,and please dont insinuat they are ,,many die in this field of work ,,,,,not to be made fun of or taken lightly,,scammy

I thought the jig is a pretty good idea. I know where I'm at we gota work with only 3 man grews which means alot of the time there are only 2 with vacation and someone sick so I think its a good idea.
    Sorry Scammy but as far as the cell phones go, I've had to deal with that. I know that those guys aren't real lineman but you gota have a sence of HUMOR.

Naw, they are just a couple of bored kids that helped me out on a saturday afternoon.
    www.linemansapparel.com

I know where graybeard is coming from on crew size. So far I have been able to keep a 4 man crew, with one gone almost 95% of the time. At least we maintain a 3 man crew. And as for cell phones! How in the hell did we ever get by with out them?????? I hate them, I refuse to carry a company one, becuase with two guys on my crew on them all the time, that leaves two of us to work. If I used the company one, one poor bastard would get worked to death!

By the way, that looks like a handy tool!

Quote Originally Posted by pedrosalazar View Post
    Naw, they are just a couple of bored kids that helped me out on a saturday afternoon.

Well DUH! If they were real linemen, they'd of been texting instead!!! Everbody knows that Pedro!!!

Funny skit!! I laughed with the, "hang up. No...you first...no you...." Made me laugh.

Default sorry

just the ass in me coming out,,scammy

Southern Indiana is home. But I work all over.

The new tool looks like it works. But is it something really needed? Is it really that hard to drill holes and keep them straight? Might help out if you got a greenhorn framing your poles for ya.

That is exactly the question I asked myself a million times!!! Would we use? I know there are only few items we need to do our job, pliers, channel locks, a sharp knife, screw driver, 9/16,3/4 wrench, creasent wrench, hammer and a plan before I head up the pole. But as linemen are wheels are alway spinning, "How can we do this better, safer and easier" I know I got some tools that I don't need in my stripping bag but I use them because it makes my job easier. I know there are Linemen that can drill straight holes unasisted everytime, I seen it with my own eyes!! , and I also have seen foremen blow up because we couldn't get the holes to match up so we redrilled. If a Lineman could mark and drill holes without a spotter, even on crucial holes, that would leave your pole buddy to gather all the bolts and material without being interupted by the driller. Yea, I know we have done before without any help, but hey if there is something out there that would give us an edge, I'd use it.
    www.linemansapparel.com

10. Default funny video my a$$

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by pedrosalazar View Post
    Working on a project (tool) that we might use in our trade, had a demo video made and added a funny skit at the end, if you got time check it out and thanks for looking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB0bLTJaM20
    There wasn't anything funny about those junior high kids! And I got too much stuff on my truck already, I try to keep the basics and that tool looks like it would take up a lot of bin space or get crushed hanging in the back. And the only person I could see needed it would be a fresh apprentice and i would rather make him redrill with a bit and brace so he would get it right the next time.
    Last edited by BULLogna; 03-17-2008 at 05:27 PM.