Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Interview

Featured Sponsor

well, went to Kenton, OH to meet with AEP, took the CAST Test and passed that of the 8 of us to take the test onl 2 of us passed one of them being me. then they took the 2 of us to the pole yard to meet the forman/supervisor and crew for a Physical test, carrying 2 canvas buckets full of 100lbs of rock on a digging bar, hoisting a crossarm up the handline and back down, squezzing on a parallel grove tap on i think was #4 if i remeber right, and then takein down a crossarm and laying on your belt and putting it back on, which i am quite sure i did very well at the physical test, of which i'm sposed to get a call around the 8th and 9th of sept to go back and go out with the crews for 2 days and be evaluated on my work and stuff. lol. but i did have a great time yesterday there and it is definately a place i would consider working at.
    Hemingray Insulators
    work smart, go home every night

Blog Entries

I'm sure you did excellent on your physicsl test. Good luck Brian, you'll make a great Lineman.
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

fu{ck the git 'er done motto young man....

MAME AND DESTROY.... seems more your thang..... well done and remember all us old farts will help you any time ....

but you gotta ask us for help we aint gonna beat your door down and give it to ya...

(well 'cept for maybe Swamp but he's kinda funky like that)

Edge

made it through another day with out burning shit up... guess I need to fire up the chain saw and have some fun
    Last edited by Edge; 08-21-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: drunk as hell

I think go into the interview with your belt and hooks on with a big chew in your cheek and a handline hung over your shoulder. Then after spitting on the floor ask. "Alright where's this mountain lion I gotta screw?" That's bound to impress.

Default Good 4 U

Brian they are lucky to have you! Knock em dead in the interview. Best advice is to B Urself.

Job Interview Tips

Practice
    Practice answering interview questions and practice your responses to the typical job interview questions and answers most employers ask. Think of actual examples you can use to describe your skills. Providing evidence of your successes is a great way to promote your candidacy.

Prepare

Prepare a response so you are ready for the question "What do you know about our company. Know the interviewer's name and use it during the job interview. If you're not sure of the name, call and ask prior to the interview. Try to relate what you know about the company when answering questions.

Get Ready
    Make sure your interview attire is neat, tidy and appropriate for the type of firm you are interviewing with. Bring a nice portfolio with copies of your resume. Include a pen and paper for note taking.

Be On time
    Be on time for the interview. On time means five to ten minutes early. If need be, take some time to drive to the office ahead of time so you know exactly where you are going and how long it will take to get there.

Stay Calm
    During the job interview try to relax and stay as calm possible. Take a moment to regroup. Maintain eye contact with the interviewer. Listen to the entire question before you answer and pay attention - you will be embarrassed if you forget the question!

Show What Your Know
    Try to relate what you know about the company when answering questions. When discussing your career accomplishments match them to what the company is looking for.

Follow Up
    Always follow-up with a thank you note reiterating your interest in the position. If you interview with multiple people send each one a thank you note
    Last edited by CPOPE; 08-24-2008 at 06:02 AM.

Make sure they know how motivated you are. Anyone(almost/me) can do linework. It's real hard to teach good attitude. Bring yours and let it show. Nothing worse than a bright kid with shit attitude and there's nothing more heartbreaking than watching a guy break his ass to understand his theory but struggles with the books. Wear what you'd wear to meet your girl's folks. No KORN shirts. Take out your nose/brow piercings.(seen it personally) I'd also consider interviewing as much as you'd like. Shop yourself around. You impress me as being the type of worker that these places are dying for. Your attitude will carry you and you will be fine.

where the work is, trying to stay in western us

well whats the word? how did it go?

I think the interview went pretty good, seemed to go very well, and i am supposed to call back in 2 weeks to find out where at on the list i am. i definately had an awesome trip on the way out there, when i get some more time i'll have to post some of the pics i took.
    Hemingray Insulators

well, went to the preassesment in Lima, OH for climbing and hanging an arm and such, i think i did pretty well at that, i passed all the tests, and i may be haveing an interview here in 9 or 10 days for a job with aep. sposed to call back the hall in montana on thurs to see where i'm at on the list for my interview there so i'lll be sure to keep you all posted.
    Hemingray Insulators

Featured Sponsorr

If anyone is going to get the job Hemingray it will be you. I am sure you will be fine...
    From the pole to the hole and both sides of the meter....