Featured Sponsor

As I've always said... Spread your retirement out through your life. That way you get to enjoy it while you're young and avoid the pitfall of getting to the ever increasing retirement age and finding you have no pension.

That's why it pays to be a tramp.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

2. Default

Here's one bit of news that should make everyone happy: despite the economic crisis, the coming recession and the likely widespread unemployment it will bring, federal workers are getting a 3.9% raise in January!

I should add that the raise does include active-duty military, and I think they well deserve it.
    Last edited by power-history; 10-15-2008 at 08:02 PM.

Default contractors

i got a ? With the economy the way it's going do you think utilities will start laying off there contractors to save money?? union or non-union i would hate to see a lineman lose his job. and as of nov 1st the contractors that work for the company i work for will no longer be there..and that why asked that question just to see if it was anywhere else..

Whatever happens people will still demand electricity. On the downside the corporate wasters that "run" the utility industry will probably just stop maintenance and upgrading, and may look to expendable immigrants as cheap labour.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

5. Default

Atlantic City Electric cancelled seven
    jobs they had out for bid. Looking to get real slow in the Mid-Atlantic states

Featured Sponsorr