Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

After I file it, I hit it with emery cloth (or screen). Plus, you can use aerosol brake cleaner, instead of wax or cellophane or soap. Its a lot quicker to just give it a spray before you press. That way you don't have to worry about prepping your sleeves, and can keep them in the bag until you're ready, don't lose any stars or felts...
    Lineman by trade, union by choice. Surfer for life!

Default transmission compression sleeves

i have put poly or even a plastic bag over a comp. sleeve seems to help with burring for some reason but you know what works even better Implo sleeves, BANG done, anyone familiar with those? they are all we use up north here, making a nice compression sleeve has become a lost art.

Default How about your CPR mask?

Far as I'm concerned, a CPR mask needs to be carried just for the simple fact that I don't want what any customers may have. I have one from the Red Cross that has a belt loop on the case and have it mounted in my hard hat. It may not be OSHA approved but at least I always have it and if I get hit in the noggin that hard I'll have other things to worry about!

Quote Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
    Far as I'm concerned, a CPR mask needs to be carried just for the simple fact that I don't want what any customers may have. I have one from the Red Cross that has a belt loop on the case and have it mounted in my hard hat. It may not be OSHA approved but at least I always have it and if I get hit in the noggin that hard I'll have other things to worry about!
    I keep my mask in the treasure chest/pleasure box (lunch box). We use the wax trick on compression sleeves a lot. If you don't have wax just wrap the sleeve in the bag it comes in. Saves you the hassle of filing like others said.

5. Default Glove Roller

This is a product that we have started to use to make it easier to air test rubber gloves. It's the Glove Roller made by Electrical Materials Company 262-279-3812.
    If you would like to see a video of it, e-mail me at kevdia@sbcglobal.net
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up making knots

I found this web site and it's pretty good for showing the grunts how to tie all sorts of knots.
    http://www.animatedknots.com

7. Default Handline Hoist?

Does anyone know of a type of hoist that accepts a 5/8 rope to ratchett up a fallen phase.One that has burned down mid-span?I've heard of them,but never seen one.They probably have been around for a time,but they haven't made their way here yet.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Smile Maasdam Rope Puller

Quote Originally Posted by loadbreak55 View Post
    Does anyone know of a type of hoist that accepts a 5/8 rope to ratchett up a fallen phase.One that has burned down mid-span?I've heard of them,but never seen one.They probably have been around for a time,but they haven't made their way here yet.Any help is greatly appreciated.

maasdam rope puller is what you are looking for. We have them that use 1/2 inch rope. Just be sure to either buy the rope they sell with the puller or use a twisted rope. It does not work too well with the braided types of rope. They work awesome pulling up conductor, also they are not too bad at pulling out a stuck 4wheeler.

Just hang the hoist on the pole and have the end of the rope already attached to a grip on the end of the conductor. Pull the excess rope through the hoist by hand until it starts getting tight then start jacking on the hoist. I think our local Co-op caries them as standard equipment on their trucks since that was the first time I saw them used. Also works really well putting up conductor by yourself.

I recommend having at least 60 or 70 feet of rope to use with the hoist....others may think differently.
    Last edited by ratbastard101; 05-18-2009 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Addition

Talking Long Stick Tube? Do you have one?

GOTCHYA! Heh.

A Hastings long stick tube can be used to ship off rods----fishing rods, that is. So the Boss says. If you should happen to have some of those, don't throw them away, send them to us.

Why? I have no idea. The man just said to post this and since he is the boss of the moment and I'm posting it for him. Besides, how often does the man ask me to post something here for him? I think this might be the 2nd or 3rd time.

I'm also posting this in classifieds. Might as well use that forum, right?

Featured Sponsorr

I have found a piece of #6 affixed to your belt to hang nuts and washers to be very innovative. Semi-hard drawn is most desirable. A guy in Florida gave me this very original idea.