Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Angry raw nerve

Featured Sponsor

Ok, hit a raw nerve. JCP&L was on strike 3 1/2 months against FE. Met Ed could have honored their brothers and sisters and created a huge strike and put the company on their knees. Did they??? No they chose to extend their contract and see what JCP&L settled for claims the eboard of local 777 felt it was best.....for who?? JCP&L had the balls to fight back....ALONE....now Met Ed is faced with what JCP&L was faced with. I do not wish a strike on anyone. It's a loosing battle with FE. No one will win. The company is just plain stupid, ignorant and dumb f&*ks. Wake up call for Met Ed there is strength in numbers. Make your move or forever hold your heads in shame. No more tough talk please cant stand it anymore. If you want to accomplish something then now is the time.....put the bastards on their knees and join your brothers and sisters like you should have with JCP&L you would not be in the boat you are in now. FE could give two shits about your pension, health care, family life or spirit. Hello, they are cheap ass bastards with comb over hair and plastic shoes. Face the facts everyone is riding it out who has a lot of years and can not wait to get out. We unfortunately already sold off the younger employees soles but look around the grass is not greener anywhere today.

Penelec is already out............so whats your excuse now.......do it........bring them to their knees. Strength in numbers..........you can not turn your back on your union brothers and sisters again...CAN YOU!!!

I AM PRAYING FOR STORMS. WE NEVER GOT ANY. Heck what do I care I bought a generator so bring it on! Go get them Met Ed. We never got our 24/7 money and you got yours. We won in arbitration but does not mean squat.

2. Default

Lizzy Borden (love that name) I'm one of the penelec strikers, and I voted to go out 3 years ago when you were out. We could've had a 5 year contract last time but went for a 3 year to put us inline with JCP&L and Met-Ed so maybe we could put this company on its knees. Pennpowers contract is up June 1, no noise comin from them. We are only a week in and its bad, gonna get worse but the solidarity is 110%! Lotsa Met-Ed and Ohio company scabs up here, I don't wish this on anyone but if 777 goes it'll be a big help and I know our BA is very impressed with 777 BA....so hopefully....ah ya just never know.

3. Default

777 hasn't even voted on anything yet, and wont be talking again until June 1st.

UWUA 180 (Penelec, Altoona Operating Area) goes out next June so if we take a one year deal that would put us in line with them too.

http://ibew777.com/news.htm

We should have gone out together, IMO. We've been negotiating longer than 459 too.

I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel though. If things dont improve after we get a contract, I can't see myself sticking around too much longer. Every day I hear guys say they feel trapt here and wish they could leave without giving up 5 weeks of vacation and tons of sick time.
    IBEW Local 777

Default Go

I feel bad for you been there done that. They just do not care about anyone. They have no clue how to run a business........they just cut cut cut. I would not be suprised if they sell out eventually. How dumb was it to sell off generation, that set the pace for how well the company is being run. Trust me the people they sent up there do not have a clue. I hope none of them get hurt for their sake. They think they have been trained but most are clueless. I watched the same guy in two different states doing hazard work during a storm. 1st time standing right next to down primary, bare, asked him so what would you do if the line came back on or is not dead and your standing 2' from the primary for no reason...dah, he said he had on his di electric boots, he had on the rain boots from the storm kit.
    2nd time same guy all decked out in his FR stuff official this time walking through wetlands looking for the other end of the primary which yes was on the source side he was walking toward. He was cocky said he was trained...AGAIN...Dah. I bet he is out there saving the world right now. He is going to get hurt just a matter of time. I hope he learns a lesson and not killed instead.

I am hoping you get a storm....its dark supposed to get a good storm nothing yet.

The storm training was done in the warehouse parking lot, video tape and a numb nuts training them. Scary stuff.

Hey if Uncle Tony would cough up some of his bonus it would pay for what maybe 50 union job salaries for a year.

5. Default

I worked out of UWUA 180 for a while during my apprenticeship and it was better. Small shop, out of sight, out of mind. Lots of hard work, but we got the job done and they were happy. I should have stayed, but the commute was killing me (90 miles/day, diesel was $4+/gal). Great group of guys though. There wasn't the same amount of BS that goes on everyday like there is here.

I tired to get back there for some personal reasons with the economy, but crossed over to the dark side and was told no. Same story as SH really. They want me back but Met-Ed said no.

I hope it gets better...
    IBEW Local 777

Default Death Wish

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzy Bordon View Post
    I feel bad for you been there done that. They just do not care about anyone. They have no clue how to run a business........they just cut cut cut. I would not be suprised if they sell out eventually. How dumb was it to sell off generation, that set the pace for how well the company is being run. Trust me the people they sent up there do not have a clue. I hope none of them get hurt for their sake. They think they have been trained but most are clueless. I watched the same guy in two different states doing hazard work during a storm. 1st time standing right next to down primary, bare, asked him so what would you do if the line came back on or is not dead and your standing 2' from the primary for no reason...dah, he said he had on his di electric boots, he had on the rain boots from the storm kit.
    2nd time same guy all decked out in his FR stuff official this time walking through wetlands looking for the other end of the primary which yes was on the source side he was walking toward. He was cocky said he was trained...AGAIN...Dah. I bet he is out there saving the world right now. He is going to get hurt just a matter of time. I hope he learns a lesson and not killed instead.

I am hoping you get a storm....its dark supposed to get a good storm nothing yet.

The storm training was done in the warehouse parking lot, video tape and a numb nuts training them. Scary stuff.

Hey if Uncle Tony would cough up some of his bonus it would pay for what maybe 50 union job salaries for a year.
    Sad to say but...........Seen it before Lizzy...................Stupidity plus Cockiness will eventually lead to thier dimise

7. Default Penelec

Can the members of 459 go to other First Energy properties and strike like in Met Ed or JCP&L territory?

Then all those union workers would not be able to cross the picket line. It might show FE that the unions are working together and put some power back in our hands. Even if it does break some stupid anti-union clause in the contract. We are not allowed to cross picket lines. In our district, FE breaks the contract all the time and then just makes us grieve it and most of the time nothing gets done at least not in a timely manner.

Well, it's just a thought, that would send a powerful message to the corporate scum...

Default Tonys crying poverty

Rumor goin around that tony alexander is making an announcement next week that the company is in dire financial condition. He needs cheaper equipment, and a 10 percent pay reduction for management, and to reopen our contracts to help the company.

Why dont you treat your people right and not have an expensive strike? Why not sell the f***in jets? How about having an independent auditor check things out to see where the record profits last year and quarter went?
    Be wary of a power company with more lawyers than lineman!!!

9. Default

I heard rumor of another corporate layoff. It was said one of our foreman (JM) gave up a week of vacation in exchange for stock. Not sure about pay cuts or anything like that.

I guess Tony really got hammered at the share holders meeting last week in Ohio.

If Ohio wouldn't have been greedy, maybe they wouldn't have screwed up the generation contract and lost a pile of money. Whooops
    IBEW Local 777

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Penelec just brought in scab contractors. Anybody ever deal with Chain Electric outta Mississippi? Obviously pretty crappy outfit, cause they crossed the picket line.