Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

your union is only as strong as it's membership...switching is not the answer..

Default uwua

uwua local 180 out of altoona did everything they could for us financially taking collection they walked the picketline with us sent over beer and water they supported us the whole way. I have nothing but respect for all of them! and i'm sure their union leadership did what they thought was right for their membership in their negotations. and if they ever need my help with this shitbag company i'll be there for them. THANKS GUYS!!!!!!

Default Agreement

Did 459 reach a tentative agreement with FE?

Default An agreement

Hey Linedog the union and the company have an a contract that is to be voted on this week Mon. thru thurs. across the state and if an acceptance is reached work will start on Monday cuz it takes three days to PEEL SCABS and clean up the doo doo!

Default Tentative Agreement

Found this at the Daily Review:

Published: Saturday, July 11, 2009 12:28 PM EDT

12:25 p.m. update: Stipulation of agreement reached in Penelec strike, union says

With the assistance of a federal mediator, a "stipulation of settlement " was reached Friday evening in the Penelec-union labor dispute, a union spokesman confirmed at mid-day today.

I.B.E.W. Local 459 union steward Keith Kinsman said the stipulation of settlement will be taken back to the members of Local 459 and a vote conducted in Towanda, Clearfield, Johnstown and Erie sometime in the next week.

Officials from Penelec could not be immediately reached for comment.
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Default Goverment help

After having the state step in and force movement from fe, we were able to get a contract coming of the strike years back. But be ready when you go to hear the settlement, It may not be what you want to hear, just a mixture of what you want and fe wants.

Someday gonna beat this company, but it make take them financially shooting themselves first.
    Be wary of a power company with more lawyers than lineman!!!

It usually winds up being a mixture heavily doused with more of what THEY want. We're the ones that have to stomach it.... Blech!!!!!

8. Thumbs down 459 Vote

Five of our brothers are not being brought back! We have to grieve them back. FIFO,s say they don't make deals like that. I say we all went out, we all go back! They can stick this offer right up their greedy a$$,s. Remember solidarity!

9. Default The Perfect Storm?

Brothers and Sisters, Apparently I've had too much time to think about things these past 7 weeks. I have a question to present and perhaps the contract lineman may have better insight than us utility lineman. Alot of the companies are treating their workers like dirt. Period. Couldn't this come back to bite these companies in the a$%? When the stimulis programs kick into place, and they will, you can build all the green energy systems you want, but without a reliable grid, they ain't worth crap. Sure, the books at the halls are full, some with 3 pages, however, every power company is going to show up at the hog trough for the money to rebuild their systems and us utility lineman won't be able to handle large scale jobs. The books will empty, many contractor lineman will be able to pick and choose which job they want, close to their home area without a doubt. Many utility lineman that I know have turned their BA card into an A ticket. They may get the jobs farther away, but the alternative is to live under some of these ridiculous contracts. Many lineman may quit and go to the contractors, leaving just old timers ready to retire and broke dicks who couldn't cut it in the real world anyways. I have over 25+ years with Penelec and will probably call it a day under the next contract. Am I way off base or am I correct in this logic? Just a question that needs answered.

10. Default No Man Left Behind

Featured Sponsorr

I am a member of local 459 who is about to vote on the contract proposal tentativly agreed upon between UNION and company. One of the dilemas we are faced with is that of do we vote for a contract knowing that there is no restitution for our brothers who were let go for standing up for what they truly believe in !!! Anyone can easily get caught up in the moment when emotions run high, and I for one say " NO MAN ( brother or sister ) LEFT BEHIND".