Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Check your P.M.s, sorry for the delay.

2. Default standby pay

We get 16 hrs. extra"straight time pay" for a weeks standby.It breaks down to 2 hrs. for every 8 hrs. on standby duty.We get 1.5 x reg. pay for every call except for Sundays and holidays,then it's double time.Also any call that puts us over 16 hrs.is x2.We also get an extra 4 hrs.if our standby falls on a holiday.A nice shot in the arm,but being on standby can be very stressful sometimes,to say the least!!

3. Default

I am reading alot of STANDBY wording, our wording is ON CALL.If your going to be standing by , you need to be paid while your standing by.The wording of " standby" will take away your freedom of going places and doing things other than sitting by the phone waiting for your company to call,which is what they want. With "on call" you should be provided a cell phone and when called ,you may have to take the family back home ,finish your church service,or whatever you might be in the middle of,and respond within a reasonable time.

Default standby

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by smooth01 View Post
    I am reading alot of STANDBY wording, our wording is ON CALL.If your going to be standing by , you need to be paid while your standing by.The wording of " standby" will take away your freedom of going places and doing things other than sitting by the phone waiting for your company to call,which is what they want. With "on call" you should be provided a cell phone and when called ,you may have to take the family back home ,finish your church service,or whatever you might be in the middle of,and respond within a reasonable time.
    Same here. At C.E. stand by means your waiting for a storm thats about to hit just after your shift or something similar, but your on the clock. Our on-call is Fri to Fri. We get 1 hr straight time during the reg work week(PER DAY) and 2 hrs per day on Sat. and Sun. Also we get a minimum 2 hr call out no matter what day or time(after our reg shift obviously). We don't get a cell phone but a pager. Some headquarters like mine have a first and second responder others have a service worker which can work shifts and calls out an on-call crew when needed.

Hey, do you wright off your phone bill for company calls? I do.

All this will probably change next year when we get screwed in our next contract!!