Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default protectors

Featured Sponsor

thanks for the info. never had any trouble with the white protectors. last ones i got was made in china

Quote Originally Posted by mainline View Post
    I'm all for buying American, but if the product is going to help stop my wrist, shoulder, and elbow pain I have to say go with it. Salisbury gloves are crap. Hopefully, Salisbury will take this as a challenge to improve their product. They make nice tools, blankets, and hoses, why can't thet make a decent glove?
    When I talked to Salisbury, they said they had no plans to use White's manufacturing process. Ya gotta love a company with the determination to keep making a product that sucks.. lol

Default A Letter to Salisbury

Just submitted this at the Salisbury website... a little begging can't hurt

I'm a LC&M 1/C for First Energy in NJ. After the takeover of the White Rubber Company, does Salisbury have any plans to offer both the White and Salisbury versions of the Class 2 Type I rubber glove? Before you completely phase out the White glove, I urge you to do some market research and ask the users of your product which version they prefer. I can, with almost one hundred percent certainty, state that the majority of lineman would opt for the White glove - the one with the yellow liner. They're much more pliable and comfortable to work in for extended periods of time - even when the temperatures drop below freezing in the winter. Your Class 2 Type I rubber glove - with the red liner - is much less pliable and causes aches in the fingers and wrists over the course of a work day. In the winter, the discomfort is worse. As power linemen, we're exposed to a myriad of hazards every time we go to work - our personal protective equipment shouldn't be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by creecher874 View Post
    When I talked to Salisbury, they said they had no plans to use White's manufacturing process. Ya gotta love a company with the determination to keep making a product that sucks.. lol
    They couldn't even if they wanted to. First thing Salisbury did when they acquired the White Rubber Co. was to destroy all the glove and sleeve molds that White had.
    I don't give em hell, I just tell the truth and they think it is Hell! - Truman

Quote Originally Posted by creecher874 View Post
    Just submitted this at the Salisbury website... a little begging can't hurt

I'm a LC&M 1/C for First Energy in NJ. After the takeover of the White Rubber Company, does Salisbury have any plans to offer both the White and Salisbury versions of the Class 2 Type I rubber glove? Before you completely phase out the White glove, I urge you to do some market research and ask the users of your product which version they prefer. I can, with almost one hundred percent certainty, state that the majority of lineman would opt for the White glove - the one with the yellow liner. They're much more pliable and comfortable to work in for extended periods of time - even when the temperatures drop below freezing in the winter. Your Class 2 Type I rubber glove - with the red liner - is much less pliable and causes aches in the fingers and wrists over the course of a work day. In the winter, the discomfort is worse. As power linemen, we're exposed to a myriad of hazards every time we go to work - our personal protective equipment shouldn't be one of them.
    This was their response:

Answer:
    There are no plans, at this time, to revive the White gloves. However, I have passed your concerns on to our Marketing Department for review. You may also contact our Director of Marketing, Brian McCauley at 630-343-3713 if you have further questions or concerns.

Thank you for your question. Salisbury by Honeywell will answer your question as soon as possible. If you need immediate attention, please call 877-406-4501.

NEW GLOVES seen a sample pair all I can say is wow. No curve to the hands at all. I don't think my fingers can go that straight. I alway thought mits were bad but these are just as bad.
    We were told Mit orders were out about Oct. Nov.
    Good Luck Guys
    Check em over each day!!
    Ski

I was told by my boss the other day that Salisbury has told him my bell cuffs will be in sometime on the fall of 2010. Salisbury is a joke.

Default Chance rubber gloves

Featured Sponsorr

I am currently wearing a pair of the new Chance Class 2 gloves. Much better hand shape, it has increased my dexterity greatly. The hand shape is narrower, the fingers are finger length, and the rubber is more pliable. No idea if they are in full production yet. Will post if I find out. The gloves I am wearing are also regular cuff. Salisbury watch out.