Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default any gun nuts round here?

Featured Sponsor

I just bought A Springfield XD 45 and I am impressed. Never really been into pistols, Lottsa long guns and shotguns but I have been pleased with my new toy. Kinda thinkin bout gettin a XD-M in 40 cal. But I dunno nuttin bout the 40 cal rounds other than they are a lil cheaper than the 45's Any input from somebody more knowledgeable?

I love my Sig .45 P220. Expensive to replace parts etc. if that time ever comes but it shoots great. Only paid $250 for it. I think a replacement barrel is 2x that price.

I've shot a S&W 500. Talk about a freaking cannon. I carry the Sig in my car but the 500 is smaller than my Sig. But I wouldnt want to have to shoot either from the inside of my car, I'd probably go deaf

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    If you're lookin for a "carry" piece..check this out.
    Para's are very nice as well. I like Kimber's too.

I wouldnt mind owning one of these one of these days....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Eagle
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_Action_Express

In .50 cal of course

Default guns

Kimber fan, nuff said. E.S.

Poot...
    what ya "usin" the XD FOR?
    Carry? or a house gun?

If a House gun...that's cool.

If you're lookin for a "carry" piece..check this out.
    http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=14
    Its a House gun. Darn thing holds 14 rounds and I chose the 5 inch barrel, They make a much smaller one for concealed carry.

Default 45 and 40 cal.

How is the ammo availability in your area poot? .45 ammo here in N.J. had been slim pickings over the summer. I am not sure about .40 cal. though. Either way it may pay to reload. Cheapest here was 20 bucks for Remington (crap). I also paid up to 35.00 a brick for CCI standard velocity ammo. My son bought a Ruger .45, it's o.k. at close range,but sucks at 25 yards. I started shooting competition this year and purchased a Browning Medalist .22 made in Belgium in the 60's, it is a sweet piece and shoots pretty good. I also picked up a Ruger competition MKIII with a slab side barrel, but have not shot it too much. I may be looking into a .45 for competition and will probably look at the Kimbers. If I do purchase though , reloading will be a must to be able to afford it. Be safe and enjoy your new toy.

Mark
    "Who Me ?"

I LOVE Kimbers.!!
    But, personaly, for me....I don't like a "carry" piece...with a hammer cocked, or the spring cocked, and under tension.... and on "safety".

I want a round in the chamber, and when I pull the trigger, THAT cocks the spring and Fires the bullet.
    My Sig is double action so all I have to do is have it on fire and pull the trigger. I keep one in the chamber.

that Desert Eagle 50...is a FU$KIN CANNON!!!

What the HELL would ya EVER DO with that thing!!!
    Show it off

Yeah 45 acp is kinda slim pickings here too. I managed to buy a box of 100 for 58$ . Kinda pricey huh. 40 cal on the other hand is purdy much readily available. However I havent checked on prices. I kinda sorta had a line on a friend that reloads for the 45's but he told me primers are gettin hard to come by. I dunno if thats the case or if he just dont wanna fool wif it.
    I really like the ergonomics on the XD and will probably get the XD M 40 in a shorter version for carry gun. I just wanted some opinions on the 40 cal in general, like accuracy, knockdown power, range etc.

I'd say the 40 cal would barely out perform the 45 in terms of range, but both have to be close in knock down power as it really wouldnt matter up close I wouldnt think. If you want to carry it I would say its a very good gun to carry. You'll be protected without a doubt and would hurt someone if God forbid you had to pull it.

I wonder if your states are cutting ammo down, we have plenty to go round here down South.

Featured Sponsorr

I LOVE Kimbers.!!
    But, personaly, for me....I don't like a "carry" piece...with a hammer cocked, or the spring cocked, and under tension.... and on "safety".

I want a round in the chamber, and when I pull the trigger, THAT cocks the spring and Fires the bullet.

that Desert Eagle 50...is a FU$KIN CANNON!!!

What the HELL would ya EVER DO with that thing!!!
    The 50 is a "PICK UP AND THROW GUN", someone breaks in your house the 50 will pick'em up and throw"em out! Great TOY!!

I'm not an expert but even though the cost, the Sigs are the ultimate carry weapon. Lite, accurate, and dependable!

Hey Swamp, obviously a good decision NOT carrying cocked...can be considered premeditated murder even in self defense (and just plain old dangerous)!

I gotta an old "copy-cat" Berretta 9 known as the Taurus! Old (but trusty), safe, cheap, heavier than hell, has a de-cocker option, and mean as the devil with a 25 rounder pugged in!