Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Tuski View Post
    Why don't you just wear your climbing boots all the time? I wear mine like everywhere even when I'm not at work...
    You certainly can if you want to. Lots of guys do.
    The more you wear em the faster they wear out though. Get a good pair of boots to wear when your not gonna be up all day. Keep your high $ boots clean and well oiled!
    Of course your'e gonna work with that "One Guy" that will bitch because you have to change boots since the plan for the day changed or your feet get cold!

Why don't you just wear your climbing boots all the time? I wear mine like everywhere even when I'm not at work...
    I've tried Wesco, Dead OOPS I mean RED Wings, Carolinas, and some other no name brand and they all sucked after a while wearin them after work! I used to wear my Halls that I have now all the time but the soles just end up wearing out faster!

Usually did till they were broke in.....after that, unless I was climbing all day everyday.....it made the high dollar boots last longer!!!

Living in the sticks, lots of times, it's a long, long way to a boot repair shop where someone knows what they're doing, and most didn't like messing with 16 inch line boots...........
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    I came to work in my Wescos, took em off when I got home. Always ready for any cirscumstance that might happen. That was back "in the day" when Climbin....was the "Norn". Not the exception.

I didn't need to "put my climbin boots on". I expected to have to climb...every day. Lots changed.

I've seen guys "mat in a truck"...took 2 hours...when the job could have been done in 20 minutes, on a "Climb".

It's just the "New Linework".
    I could look at my tickets before i left the yard and pretty well know, how much climbing I was gonna have to do before my day ever started, and I put em on, when I finished the climbers, well I took em off, lots easier climbing in and out of the truck, plus more comfortable, when ya gotta crawl in and out 30 or more times a day..

And hell I've climbed in tennis shoes before when I had too, might hurt too damn bad to do it now, but if an emergency came up and I had a Brother hanging and needed me to get him down, he'd be gotten down, regardless of what I had on my feet!!
    Old Lineman Never Die......We Just Don't Raise Our Booms As Often

5. Default

Exactly, if I know I'll be up all day, I'll have my climbing boots on out the gate. If I'm doing bucket work or may just run up and down a few times, my everyday work boots are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by robob24 View Post
    Exactly, if I know I'll be up all day, I'll have my climbing boots on out the gate. If I'm doing bucket work or may just run up and down a few times, my everyday work boots are fine.
    My Sweetheart won't let me go to work on those days...

wear my boots all the time .in fact just the other night the wife was moaning at me to take them off coz the bed sheets were getting dirty
    engineers aren,t god,s

Quote Originally Posted by neil macgregor View Post
    wear my boots all the time .in fact just the other night the wife was moaning at me to take them off coz the bed sheets were getting dirty
    Haha! now there's a real man. I strive to be like you. I love my climbing boots. Why not wear em? I paid 500+ dollars for em.

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    That's right MI. You ever had to take time to change boots on one of my jobs, I would be taking time out to write you your last check. Nothing pissed me off more on storms than to check on a crew and find one man up a pole and no one had a belt or hooks present if that one man got into trouble.

How many chacks have you ever written on a job... besides to pay for beer, for a bet you lost on how long you could keep your mouth shut.

Smile Climbing

Featured Sponsorr

Heelwinch- you missed the whole point of this thread- it was not if batts ever wrote a check, wich you do not know how to spell- it was about climbing boots and what some of the guys do. Stevie made a valid point about being on storm work or doing climbing jobs- the occassion when you need a climbing boot on your fett all the time and to have your climbing tools with you. I am doing a 20 mile cross country job, all climbing- everyone including foreman and general foreman have their climbing boots on, hooks and belt/tools and hand lines with them every minute of the working day. When you are climbing 10 hours a day- the young ones are finding out that you do not buy cheap climbing boots. They are are also finding out the Hoffman PAC boot was the best thing ever invented, warm feet and good comfortable climbing boot that you can stand in all day. And oh yes- at the end of the day the boots come off and the slippers go on for the drive home.