1. Default Henkels now requires OSHA 10 cert?

Featured Sponsor

I'm in CA..
    And just found out that all new hires are required to have their OSHA 10 certification with the ET&D stamp. Does anyone know where to get this training other than going through JATC?

Thanks!

What does this have to do with safety or accidents?
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Quote Originally Posted by loodvig View Post
    It is safety training, seems appropriate here.
    http://www.osha.gov/dte/outreach/faqs.html

Quote Originally Posted by loodvig View Post

Basically it takes the monkey off of their back and puts it on your shoulders, since you are trained in this class, that way if anything happens you are the one liable.

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    Basically it takes the monkey off of their back and puts it on your shoulders, since you are trained in this class, that way if anything happens you are the one liable.
    OK I get it now, sorry some days I'm a little slow.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

The OSHA 10 T&D is geared toward our Electrical Industry and not just a general Construction. There are a lot of customers who are demanding OSHA 10 and now we have one geared toward our Industry. There are several ways to get the training, Some JATC's have trainer's, some Local Union halls have members trained to teach the OSHA 10 T&D and there are Contractors who provide the training.

if it was any of your business you would know

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    They were gonna hold you liable anyway. Fiduciary responsibilty can extend to foreman, linemen, supervisors.. any one connected with a accident.

Most of the time... the "guys" don't get sued only because the lawyers go after the deepest pockets... but it's happened.

Your training can work FOR you if your ever sued. You may be the rage of the age doing line work... but your lawyer can spin that OSHA 10 card to prove you were trained and competent.

Featured Sponsorr

The contractor on our system just put their guys through the OSHA 30-hour training. The owner told me that the union hall was requiring the OSHA 10-hour and they decided to exceed the requirements.