Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Health care plan

Featured Sponsor

Obama will pitch his health care plan today, $1.2 trillion over ten years,taxes on your current plan as income,requirements for busssiness to provide health care or pay a cival penalty. Does anyone think that this is really in the best interest of all parties concerned? American chamber of commerce and AMA have serious concerns about this plan. What do you think?

Here in the UK we have the NHS (National Health Service) which is old enough to have more than its fair share of management wasters.

That said, if ANYONE ever needs medical attention they will get it. OK, its not perfect, but it's generally there when we need it. It also gives high priority to injured workers and doesn't land them with a life shattering bill at the end.

I look at how linemen in America get injured and people have to go can-shaking to help pay for their care. I see a system where men and women who are ill are SCARED to go to a doctor because they are concerned about getting treatment they can't afford. Yet the very people that don't even deserve to live... the corrupt lawyers, businessmen and corporate management get absolute priority over the people who build your country.

And that really sucks.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Sbatts

Easy there whack-job you've already jumped off the deep end. The question was do think that this is in best interest of all parties concerned. The war in Iraq and over run va hospitals with poor treatment are a totally seperate issue. I'll give you my take on things and then you can rebutt if you wish, 1:$1.2 trillion is about $62,500 per unisured person this is alot of money that must come from somewhere=higher taxes 2:Taxes on current coverage as income would about triple what a I pay for insurance and probably more for some workers making there current coverage un-affordable further adding to our problem 3: Mandatory coverage or cival penaltys will most certianly hurt bussiness's bottom line (small bussiness most of all) unless they raise the cost of goods and services this creates inflation. This sounds to me like a trifecta of less money in working americans pockets. Health care reform is long overdue but in these tough economis times less money in the hands of working americans might not be the answer. I welcome your opinion but try to be cival thats how a debate works.

Default Koca!

Let's not confuse the issue with reasoning!

Quote Originally Posted by SBatts View Post
    Did you notice that thousands of wounded have been added to this over-burden system because of you repuglicking chicken-sh!t war loving chicken-hawks to scared to serve???
    Now batts I know you know the VA's have been over-burdened since Vietnam. As a child I would go to work with my Dad who used to run vending machines and stock them. He worked the VA Hospital in Tuskegee Alabama. The men back then didnt get the treatment they needed and that was back during the early Clinton years and they didnt do anything about it as I gotten older either. So I'd say its safe to blame BOTH SIDES, not just Republicans in that whole mess. I respect your thoughts batts but if you think the Republicans are the only ones to blame then you are dead wrong. Both sides are big time crooks and worthless IMO. Our vets have been treated like crap ever since they've come home. My Uncle to this day still has nightmares from Vietnam (he spent 4 tours there as a Medic) and the help from the Government is worthless. How much you want to bet it wont get any better after Obama's run either?? It didnt improve after Clinton or Bush, so what makes me think it will now?

I hope we never go to free healthcare like Obama has mentioned before. I know people in Canada that have the same spinal disorder that I have, and we have to get yearly MRI's to keep a check on it. Well I know people up in Canada that have had to wait MONTHS just to get an MRI when I can call and have one set up next week. Yes it would be good to make sure everyone had healthcare, but at the same time all the good doctors would either retire or get out as their job would be worthless with nationalized free healthcare. JMHO.

Geez Batts your kind of a testy old f'cker aren't ya. The question wasn't about what side of the political fence the grass is greener on, it was about the current administrations plan for universal health care, how it would be paid for and the effect it would have on the american people. I presented my piont of view, you resorted to name calling and finger pionting. I think that a man of your age should be able to realize that everything thats wrong with this country is not George Bush's fault, like him or not thats just the way it is. BTW I don't give a f'ck that you pay $500 a month for insurance, if you think that you would be better off with a gov't run plan just say so there is no reason to attack me for having a different opinion on whats best for me and my family. When your side can come up with a better argument then "its the other guys fault" maybe there will be some positive changes that benifit everybody in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by koca View Post
    Geez Batts your kind of a testy old f'cker aren't ya. The question wasn't about what side of the political fence the grass is greener on, it was about the current administrations plan for universal health care, how it would be paid for and the effect it would have on the american people. I presented my piont of view, you resorted to name calling and finger pionting. I think that a man of your age should be able to realize that everything thats wrong with this country is not George Bush's fault, like him or not thats just the way it is. BTW I don't give a f'ck that you pay $500 a month for insurance, if you think that you would be better off with a gov't run plan just say so there is no reason to attack me for having a different opinion on whats best for me and my family. When your side can come up with a better argument then "its the other guys fault" maybe there will be some positive changes that benifit everybody in this country.
    Koca...BATTS is a fukin liar.... he don't pay shit for health care... he's on welfare... how many welfare rats do you now that pay for there own health care...

He wouldn't have any health problems if him and backdoor would layoff the... well, the backdoor shit.

His problem with Bush is all just sexual tension. Him and backdoor both have issues with that sort of thing. They just can't get the poor man off their minds.

They are gettin all the free screwin anyone could stand from Nobama... yet they still pursue the forbidden fruit of the one they never had.

Default Its because

Your party doesn't, and you don't know how to accept the blame for the things they've fu(ked up. Quit blaming G.W., its Obama's admin. now. Well its the past 8 years of a fu(k up that we are dealing with right now. Obama has only been in office little more than 5 months. How can you explain how bad this country is? He hasn't had enough time to do that much screwing up shitforbrains!

Everything we are going through is from your bankrupt party of perverts skulking around in airport bathrooms insted of paying attention to this country and its people.

Clinton saw the writing on the wall. He tried but was shot down by the right wing dictatorship. They put the fear into you commoners and defeated any good he could have done. Funny thing is now Bob Dole who was the top man in the Senate put the nail in health cares coffin back then, but has since repented and along with two other retired senators have a pretty fair health care proposal. He even told your (R)'s to stop being the party of NO!

We could be living in an Utopia of health care and education and jobs out the a$$ if we had that money spent on a little lie to the American people called Iraq. We could have had our 4,500 dead service personnel not be dead either. Wait since we are calling it Obama's war now the total for him would be somewhere around 100 dead. I guess the 4,400 under Bush are his too!

You know why the (R)'s are against medical insurance going public? There ain't no money in it from big lobbyists from the insurance companies and drug companies and whomever else greasing their pockets.

Every other country in the world tells the drug companies what they are allowed to charge, and how much profit they can make. Drugs in Canada, and Europe are 35% to 50% less than in the U.S. They still make a nice profit there.

Drug companies only put 15% of their revenues back into research into new drugs. 30% goes to marketing and administrative costs. 55% is pure profit. How many Billions do they need to pocket while we struggle?

The U.S. Government is legally prohibited to negotiate with drug companies because in 2003 a Republican congressman introduced a bill that makes it illegal. The Republican Congress passed it after the drug companies in no doubt lined their pockets.

That Republican congressman soon retired and became the #1 guy in charge of all the lobbying associations for the drug companies. Who would have thunk it?

You know why your party is pathetic (R)'s? You don't care about anyone but yourselves. Your bottom feeders. You'll even feed on each others carcuses. You'll kill to keep that extra $50 a month because its yours dammit. Piss and moan until one day its you who needs it.

All those car dealerships closing down under the bankruptsies. Never help them. Let them die. O wait I'll be out of business now. O its so wrong! Talking out both sides of your ass aren't you! You all do when it suits your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by 500 KVA View Post
    Your party doesn't, and you don't know how to accept the blame for the things they've fu(ked up. Quit blaming G.W., its Obama's admin. now. Well its the past 8 years of a fu(k up that we are dealing with right now. Obama has only been in office little more than 5 months. How can you explain how bad this country is? He hasn't had enough time to do that much screwing up shitforbrains!

Everything we are going through is from your bankrupt party of perverts skulking around in airport bathrooms insted of paying attention to this country and its people.

Clinton saw the writing on the wall. He tried but was shot down by the right wing dictatorship. They put the fear into you commoners and defeated any good he could have done. Funny thing is now Bob Dole who was the top man in the Senate put the nail in health cares coffin back then, but has since repented and along with two other retired senators have a pretty fair health care proposal. He even told your (R)'s to stop being the party of NO!

We could be living in an Utopia of health care and education and jobs out the a$$ if we had that money spent on a little lie to the American people called Iraq. We could have had our 4,500 dead service personnel not be dead either. Wait since we are calling it Obama's war now the total for him would be somewhere around 100 dead. I guess the 4,400 under Bush are his too!

You know why the (R)'s are against medical insurance going public? There ain't no money in it from big lobbyists from the insurance companies and drug companies and whomever else greasing their pockets.

Every other country in the world tells the drug companies what they are allowed to charge, and how much profit they can make. Drugs in Canada, and Europe are 35% to 50% less than in the U.S. They still make a nice profit there.

Drug companies only put 15% of their revenues back into research into new drugs. 30% goes to marketing and administrative costs. 55% is pure profit. How many Billions do they need to pocket while we struggle?

The U.S. Government is legally prohibited to negotiate with drug companies because in 2003 a Republican congressman introduced a bill that makes it illegal. The Republican Congress passed it after the drug companies in no doubt lined their pockets.

That Republican congressman soon retired and became the #1 guy in charge of all the lobbying associations for the drug companies. Who would have thunk it?

You know why your party is pathetic (R)'s? You don't care about anyone but yourselves. Your bottom feeders. You'll even feed on each others carcuses. You'll kill to keep that extra $50 a month because its yours dammit. Piss and moan until one day its you who needs it.

All those car dealerships closing down under the bankruptsies. Never help them. Let them die. O wait I'll be out of business now. O its so wrong! Talking out both sides of your ass aren't you! You all do when it suits your needs.
    Show me something in writing from 2001 or 2 where YOU were against any retaliation against 9/11.

You were standing there cheering, right along with ALL the other Hypocrites in here when Bush announced his intentions.
    Talk about talking out both sides of your ass... your pretty good at it too.

If it were possible to lead with hind sight...
    we'd all be rich or dead.

Featured Sponsorr

If it were $50 a month we would'nt be having this conversation. Everything thats pops into your single cell mind is not a good idea to write down, your're a f'cking idiot.
    Last edited by koca; 06-19-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: wording