Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Aawww....that's sad about hubby.

The reason I asked, and you have answered my question, is because women who have a couple of distractions like kids or hubby.....and a hubby that doesn't show a support, would be kinda tough in this trade. I mean, you need some support, if you aren't getting it a 100% at work, if you know what I mean.

I'm not saying women, or even men, can't handle a job and family, just saying you would need one partner helping out with balancing what the family needs, while the other is working. Especially one that is a lineman.

Like the other morning I said I'd be in Gainesville for a dentist appt. and could the Boss meet me for lunch maybe. I was teasing, but sometimes they do stop in town for a bite to eat----if they are around. He said, "Dear, I'm not like you----a lady of leisure---I actually WORK for a living."

It's okay. I know he wouldn't want my job---even though I work in A/C and on a computer, sometimes dealing with irritatible parents and a few teenagers-----he wouldn't trade places with me. Balancing---keyword.

Again, good luck. Uh.....and where are the pics?

No way Im not postin pics!!!!! Thats just askin to get the p*ss taken outta me when I finally get an apprenticeship. Some guy will be like..........."hey I know you!" Oh man Id never hear the end of it!

2. Default

No, you are awsome. What country are you from. Check local utilities, sometimes they even sponsor day's for women in the work place, and you can ask them about your chance's for potential employment and there apprentiship program's. I believe some put on demonstration's. I am located in God's County, if you don't know where that is, you have never seen it. But if I tell you, will you send me some cookies.

3. Default

At utilities you may have a better shot than a guy if they have to have ratios of people.

Might try http://www.tradeswomen.org/ . I think they have classes or something to help ladies with training.

Brad

Quote Originally Posted by smelliott View Post
    No way Im not postin pics!!!!! Thats just askin to get the p*ss taken outta me when I finally get an apprenticeship. Some guy will be like..........."hey I know you!" Oh man Id never hear the end of it!
    LOL! I'm just razzin'.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Lillie View Post
    At utilities you may have a better shot than a guy if they have to have ratios of people.

Might try http://www.tradeswomen.org/ . I think they have classes or something to help ladies with training.

Brad
    ooooh thanx for the link Brad. Will have a look!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    LOL! I'm just razzin'.
    LOL unless Im going to, then you were serious huh!

Quote Originally Posted by smelliott View Post
    LOL unless Im going to, then you were serious huh!
    Well....of course. Since the guys here were too shy to ask, I figured I'd ask for them!

Oh gracious, let me behave...

8. Default

We have three "lineperson" one i believe is in the trouble room and has alot of experience under her belt. One was recntly made up and th eother i believe is a third year app. Goodluck and know down any obstacles put in front of you.

9. Default smelliott

check your pm

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by lineman1010 View Post
    check your pm
    whats PM??????????????