PDA

View Full Version : Steve Batts...happy birthday

reppy007
06-30-2013, 11:09 PM
Hey Steve....I see your catching up with JD....what do you have planned for your 68th birthday?......well wishes Steve.

reppy007
06-30-2013, 11:11 PM
Sorry ,I meant J.B Rogers....how you been doing guy?

Roofus
07-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Is he still on here? I seem to remember a banning session a while back that included him. But I'm seeing that there's still some of those folks here, just under different names. Lol. Same situation with Steve?

reppy007
07-01-2013, 03:27 PM
He comes and goes,I see him signed on every once in awhile,nobody that I know would change names.....except that Southpaw guy...wonder where he went? :D

Pootnaigle
07-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Uummm I bleve he got the redhiney wif us n has voluntarily run away n deleted alla his posts

Old Line Dog
07-01-2013, 08:57 PM
He comes and goes,I see him signed on every once in awhile,nobody that I know would change names.....except that Southpaw guy...wonder where he went? :D

Southpaw was banned, as was swamprat and sbatts. However...somehow... sbatts, was reinstated,along with his birthday AND...his same avatar and account.

"Funny" how this board runs.....:rolleyes:

Uummmmmm, Huh poot...

reppy007
07-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Southpaw was banned, as was swamprat and sbatts. However...somehow... sbatts, was reinstated,along with his birthday AND...his same avatar and account.

"Funny" how this board runs.....:rolleyes:

Uummmmmm, Huh poot...

yes funny...........Im laughing.:D

Old Line Dog
07-01-2013, 09:08 PM
yes funny...........Im laughing.:D

Me too!! :D
At the Hypocrisy of the people that run this board......

Uummmmmm......:rolleyes:

Pootnaigle
07-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Umm It aint funnyful at all itz jus what it iz n it sho nuff aint cause we aint tryin to keep thangs civil

Roofus
07-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Im still confused...lol... line dog, I thought YOU were Swamprat under a new name... somebody clue me in. LoL

reppy007
07-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Im still confused...lol... line dog, I thought YOU were Swamprat under a new name... somebody clue me in. LoL

Ill clue you in....you thought right...........it is him,he or it ...whichever.

Meat
07-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Batts is a badass! :D

SBatts
07-02-2013, 11:22 PM
reppy007 (http://powerlineman.com/lforum/member.php?5791-reppy007)
Steve Batts...happy birthday

[/URL]Hey Steve....I see your catching up with JD....what do you have planned for your 68th birthday?......well wishes Steve.Sorry ,I meant J.B. Rogers....how you been doing guy?
THANKS reppy007, But I have no desire to catch up J.B. Rogers (major kiss@zz) on anything. I left that crowd in 1971 along with the other numbnuts of the old HL&P kill crews of under trained 2 year OJT apprenticeships of those times. Remember the HL&P safety man that cut off his toes with his lawnmower?
J.B. was already a journeyman, when I was transferred into Berry Road service center and the Eugene Teal Rehab crew. Remember those rehab crews, that did all the heavy lifting at HL&P. There was only three of them in the whole system. One at Dallas st., one at South Houston, and the other at Barry rd. We got all the nice areas to convert 4,160 over to 7,200. You know the area around Quitman st, Lyons ave and Jensen dr. I guess they leveled the whole area and 5 or 6 thousand of the old single leg metered 120 volt shotgun houses on cinder block construction. Liquor store and pawn shops. I’ll even borrow an old Swamprat/Southpaw phrase Back in the day, of Houston’s wards, this one was one of the poorest and segregated. We where here or in the Magnolia Park area around the Ship Channel Area Hore Houses. We where up the pole when two nitwits tried to hold up a liquor store with bullet proof glass, That didn’t work well and it was a good thing the owner didn’t fire warning shots in the air.
Don’t have much to say anymore. To far removed from line work. Always loved my job. Just don’t recognize it anymore. The grid would have never existed today with a 5 hour safety meeting and a 3 hour work day. We worked secondary in leather gloves, and in a few cases 4,160 also. Very few 4,160. With HL&P we never covered open wire secondary’s to work above them unless we where going to be up there for a given time like pulling wire and dead ending. I traded Ma Bell for my first set of Buckingham Hooks and old used belt, and HL&P furnished all hand tools, and 20,000 volt gloves, and never a hard hat. Different world. I was on the Steady Eddies sh!t list from day one. HL&P was a good ole boy network of family and friends, and I had no family are friends, but was hired due to coming back to the world as a veteran with his time in and no chance in getting pulled from the company for service. I went from new hired grunt to pole truck driver to $2.49 apprentice in 11 months while some daddies little boys had been there 3 to 4 years. I didn’t know a rehab crew from a Hee Haw Joke (head lineman Winfred Perry tried to explain Hee Haw Show) That was another problem for me I was a North Side Houston born, neighborhood born and they were all suburban SH!T KICKER’S First Class. They would come in all banged up limping from a weekend rodeo and I would come in wounded out on bond, from a knife fight in a bar. They said I wouldn’t live to see 25 due to my life style, but out lived 3 due to their poor line skills. One Nelson Leggett and Tom Hamilton due to their snatch and grab slam and bang tactics. I don’t know which of these two was working for North Houston Pole Line as a General Foreman, but he got pissed and ran up a pole to show, another numbnuts how something should be done and as I understand it stuck his head into the primary. How the other killed himself I don’t know, but another, I apprenticed under named Dennis (don’t even remember his last name) also stuck his head into a primary after leaving HL&P to work construction.
See if these rehab crew names mean anything to you. Mike Black, Al Gentry, Rayford Chisum, A.J. Jaus, John Free Hardy ( HL&P’s first black Lineman) They put him on rehab hoping he would quit, but he fooled them. Then their was Jerry Don Shields, had to run up his pole and knock his wormy @zz out of the secondary’s when he was climbing over open secondary’s and grabbed a secondary rack that had a broken phase spool and a grounded guy wire at the same time. Luck for him I heard the AH AHHH AHHH grunting and looked up to see what was happening. Other than strained muscles and highly embarrassed he wasn’t too damaged. Then the last of the felt hat old school W.A. Stark Rehab Super, and the man with the best advice ever. QUIT and go construction. In 1970 the Outside Construction Heavy Equipment operators in local 66 was making more than HL&P lineman. Only worked distribution two more years, and when highline where the money overtime and choices of jobs anywhere and at any price, where the local contract was always the least you could make. Remember the old Gable Street Electric Station on Buffalo Bayou. I guess our crew was one of the last that worked the DC line out of there feeding Commerce st. and the old DC elevators in the old warehouses. All gone and tourist traps now.

Roofus (https://powerlineman.com/ap3/adpeeps.php?bf=go&uid=100000&cid=998041&aid=180&bzone=forum180x120&btype=3)
Is he still on here? I seem to remember a banning session a while back that included him. But I'm seeing that there's still some of those folks here, just under different names. Lol. Same situation with Steve?

Pootnaigle (http://powerlineman.com/lforum/member.php?3912-Pootnaigle)
Uummm I bleve he got the redhiney wif us n has voluntarily run away n deleted alla his posts.
Yes I voluntarily left, and until today posted for the first time in about two years or more. The reason I got the red@zz (red@zz) was because I did not delete my post. If my post about politics was deleted so what. But the post of power factor formulas, transformer bank drawings, stop watch sag formulas and other things, I wasted my time sharing was deleted. AND NOT BY ME! But I notice all archives are gone now. It looks like all the help others left behind are gone also. So that is the loss of many years of knowledge from lamartin.cvec, CanadianLineman (http://powerlineman.com/u13), scratchpad (http://powerlineman.com/u17), hotwire tamer, Highplains Drifter, Mi-lineman, PSE Lineman, top groove, wtdoor67, rcdallas, Fiberglass Cowboy (http://powerlineman.com/lforum/member.php?9158-Fiberglass-Cowboy), and good ole EL Electric lady. I am sure you miss their post, nut the knowledge that was deleted and no longer available, covers a combination of a hundred years of diversified linework, in days where your brains solved the problems and got you home alive. That is why I sign on when I have information for apprenticeship line jobs and pick and chose who I give it to and sign out without posting.

Meat (http://powerlineman.com/lforum/member.php?4571-Meat)

Batts is a badass!
Sure that is why last month I sold my last, Harley overhaul, 67 shovelhead, and the 07, GL Goldwing is on the front lot for sale. Those two lines in the sand behind me is my [U]bad@zz (bad@zz) dragging. Since I was here last the other knee was done, More stainless steel replacing about two inches of bone and left wrist. Three feet of lower intestine removed in an emergency 9 hour night operation, and the doctor admitted when I was released, he hadn’t expected me to even come out from under. Put in a gym, and was getting back in shape, and lifted to much weight and ripped a bunch of stonach muscles, and now awaiting outcome of whether that will need surgery.
Guess I will do like old Swamprat and watch the George Zimmerman trial, to see if I can cap someone and get away with it.
WELL MAYBE I WILL POST AGAIN NEXT YEAR BEEN FUN!

Pootnaigle
07-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Umm you wuz missed STEVE specially a loss for all the newbies n we all know you wud bend over baccards to help em

Meat
07-03-2013, 07:15 PM
This place went to heck without Swamprat and Batts going at it. :D Hopefully Rat is still kicking too.

Old Line Dog
07-03-2013, 09:53 PM
This place went to heck without Swamprat and Batts going at it. :D Hopefully Rat is still kicking too.

It was "For the Greater Good" Meat.

Old Line Dog
07-03-2013, 09:54 PM
Hell of a post Steve,.....

Glad to hear you're still alive and kickin man. Gettin "Older"...is mostly aggrivating. Getting REAL sick of doctors cutin on me and siht.

Yeah....me to.

I can't really talk bout Linework much anymore....I stay up with the New ****, but most of it I'm loosin interest in, cause it's so fcukin "Saftey Stupid".....My boys stay in touch, and all they tell me is..."Man...You just couldn't do linework like this man"...

I almost "clarified" poot's post about you delitin all your posts cause ya got the Red Ass. NOT. I remember when that happened and how LIVID you went. I figured I'd let YOU clarify that YOU did not delete all those posts. Neither did any of the rest of us.

You and I....and a lot of other GREAT tehnical posts were deleted in the "Cull". Still don't understand why.
People who started Threads....were changed....It was not a good time.

Anyway Batsiht....:D
"Back in the Day man"
..... and.... glad you're still alive and kickin.

Roofus
07-04-2013, 12:40 AM
Well ****... Good to see you again, Steve. Glad you're still toolin' around. Guess we'll see you next year. :) Have a good one!

reppy007
07-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks Steve for getting back with us,you brought up alot of places that Ive forgotten about and some that I knew nothing of.I did know Al Gentry....from when I started out,he was in charge of the re-hab crew in bellaire s/c...which used to be called Bailey I believe....yes things have changed....for the worse from what I see and hear from the guys still there.....The re-hab crews.....all gone....nowdays those crews would be against the law,hell todays lineman would quit the first week.....but anyway,good to hear from you and glad your still kicking.

loodvig
07-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Glad to see that your OK, sad to hear your selling your bikes! No other sound like a shovel head!

SBatts
07-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Thank you all, been on the lake. Matter of fact going to start a new thread dealing with way too much time on your hands.
Yes selling the shovel was rough. But I also sold my Telelect Commander II, and every morning when I look out in the yard that white beast isn't there. An oil field company, mailed me a check site unseen, and didn't pick it up for three weeks. I almost sent the check back, but then I would have had to deal with Ruby. It is best to pick battles you can win.