PDA

View Full Version : cut in pay

reppy007
07-06-2013, 11:02 PM
Just wondering if anyone has had a foreman that seemed jealous because of the money and overtime that you made...I had a couple through-out the years....hell its not my fault that you took the job and took a few thousand dollars cut in pay.Most are ok with a lineman making lots more,but then again ,some kick themselves in the butt when they have to be there for long hours because of a storm....:mad:

loodvig
07-07-2013, 06:52 AM
I've had a couple like that and both became foremen by not coming up through the ranks. Or not 'working in the tools' as I used to call it. They would sit at the job all night and piss and moan about why it's taking so long. The other foremen, who earned their spot, worked in the tools, would get the job going and leave. The next morning they would call the trouble center or a troubleman and ask what time did the crews get done and then put the same time on their time sheets!

Orgnizdlbr
07-07-2013, 09:52 AM
I've had a couple like that and both became foremen by not coming up through the ranks. Or not 'working in the tools' as I used to call it. They would sit at the job all night and piss and moan about why it's taking so long. The other foremen, who earned their spot, worked in the tools, would get the job going and leave. The next morning they would call the trouble center or a troubleman and ask what time did the crews get done and then put the same time on their time sheets!

It used to be that way with us.......now the foremen who came up in the tools get their balls busted by their managers no matter how long the job takes. A trend here over the last year or so is that foremen with seniority are leaving to go an adjacent utility which is Atlantic City Electric. Now they can't get qualified people to leave the union to fill those spots, they have quite the predicament, managers who don't know what makes and keeps the lights on, and foremen the same. First Energy really knows how to fu(k up a wet dream!!

I'm very close to retirement, been here 41 years, so I have light at the end of the tunnel. Since First Energy has taken us over, I've seen the infrastructure deteriorate, customers suffer long outages, and the experienced people go out the door. This is not the way to run an electric company, and the regulators don't seem to care......

Sorry for the rant gentlemen....

reppy007
07-07-2013, 11:02 AM
I dont take it as a rant,it is what it is...Ive learned when people say how good it will be,or that change is good its actually a warning sign.It all sounds sweet in a auditorium or conference room but time usually proves them wrong......the way I look at things is that if your the type that believes in happyly ever after,you might need to open your eyes and take a closer look.....that works only in fairy tales...ask Poot.:D

loodvig
07-07-2013, 05:42 PM
N.Grid has had some real good foremen retire and no one wants the job so they put young engineers in the spot right off the school steps! Book smart!
Before I retired there was a real sharp troubleman and he tells me he's gonna bid a foreman job. I ask WTF? Well, he explains, he needs a hip replacement and he don't think he could cut it after the operation. He does it, he hates it! First thing they did was take away the foreman's O.T.! Now he's out all night for some comp time at a later date. We all know how that works!
I just heard that he went back to the troublemans job because no one is bidding that job either! I'm glad because he was one sharp M'fuker! Sorry for the language! The Grid is now putting new first class linemen into alternate troubleman jobs with a year under the belt. In other words they are out alone shooting trouble! One year as first class!
But yes someone posted above it's the customer who suffers!
I miss the job and I don't! I miss the people I worked with for sure!

Orgnizdlbr
07-07-2013, 06:05 PM
N.Grid has had some real good foremen retire and no one wants the job so they put young engineers in the spot right off the school steps! Book smart!
Before I retired there was a real sharp troubleman and he tells me he's gonna bid a foreman job. I ask WTF? Well, he explains, he needs a hip replacement and he don't think he could cut it after the operation. He does it, he hates it! First thing they did was take away the foreman's O.T.! Now he's out all night for some comp time at a later date. We all know how that works!
I just heard that he went back to the troublemans job because no one is bidding that job either! I'm glad because he was one sharp M'fuker! Sorry for the language! The Grid is now putting new first class linemen into alternate troubleman jobs with a year under the belt. In other words they are out alone shooting trouble! One year as first class!
But yes someone posted above it's the customer who suffers!
I miss the job and I don't! I miss the people I worked with for sure!

Same at First Energy Lood, kids are topping out and being shoved onto midnight trouble shifts...... A recipe for disaster......!