PDA

View Full Version : just wondering...Supervisors salary

reppy007
07-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Can anyone give the abouts on a Supervisors salary these days...Im guessing about 90 to 100 thousand per year....by the way,I just saw a commercial for the local utility,a former lineman was on it,now Im not 100% certain but I believe he went on to be a service center area manager,one step above a supervisor in which he skipped....how you might say....well I wont say what I know about him but he did get more education....not a bad lineman at one time I will say.....back to the Supervisor....how much does one make anyway?

Pootnaigle
07-16-2013, 06:57 PM
Umm sum of em even make less when ya cornsidder they dont get no overtime payand usually hafta take comp time insted.which they never ever get the actual time off

T-Man
07-16-2013, 09:36 PM
Poot's right, sups are not highly paid. They work as much as they are needed 10 -12 hours a day I'm betting. They get no O.T. Yet they work plenty when storms and trouble calls. Some do their job pretty well and others are not all that. I bet linemen take home more than most sups. Bottom line.

reppy007
07-16-2013, 10:00 PM
What about you guys across the wide pond....does lineman there make more than your supervisors....Im sure they get comp time over there and are able to take it,correct me if Im wrong.

bren guzzi
07-17-2013, 12:58 AM
What about you guys across the wide pond....does lineman there make more than your supervisors....Im sure they get comp time over there and are able to take it,correct me if Im wrong.

Its. Differnt depending on what type of company. We are contracting so our supervisors get overtime. They. Also get bonuses when they bring a job in on time.. Supervisors in utilities like "the national grid " etc are on a Salery and get no overtime. ( And spend 90% of their time" at a meeting" about the latest B.S..........) ..

Orgnizdlbr
07-17-2013, 05:00 AM
First line supervisors get time and and a half for OT here, never double time. At the end of the year linemen make more than the foreman. Managers no ot pay.....

loodvig
07-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Our supers made less, much less. They do get the full use of a company truck 24/7 and a better retirement plus I think their health insurance is paid 100%.

Rob
07-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Here the supervisors get paid pretty well, 7 to 10 percent more than a Lineman. Their O/T is straight time but they get a Bonus every year. It's usually about 15 percent of their salary.

reppy007
07-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Here the supervisors get paid pretty well, 7 to 10 percent more than a Lineman. Their O/T is straight time but they get a Bonus every year. It's usually about 15 percent of their salary.

Not too bad for taking a walk down the dock a couple times a day....a little paperwork,a little computer work....reading E-mails....getting lonely a his desk....and remembering to not call a bad name to a lineman who might get his feelings hurt.

Lineman North Florida
07-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Not too bad for taking a walk down the dock a couple times a day....a little paperwork,a little computer work....reading E-mails....getting lonely a his desk....and remembering to not call a bad name to a lineman who might get his feelings hurt.

A GOOD supervisor does a whole lot more than what you have listed there, I have worked for a few in my career that would go out on a limb for you and it made us work that much harder for them.

reppy007
07-17-2013, 07:38 PM
A GOOD supervisor does a whole lot more than what you have listed there, I have worked for a few in my career that would go out on a limb for you and it made us work that much harder for them.

Thats very true LNF.........A GOOD ONE.

Meat
07-17-2013, 08:47 PM
reppy do you have a point here? Who cares what the pukes make. :D

Old Line Dog
07-17-2013, 09:02 PM
reppy do you have a point here? Who cares what the pukes make. :D

He never has a point. If I didn't know better, I'd really think he was actually posting from a nursing home for the "Imbalanced".:D

Meat
07-17-2013, 10:15 PM
He never has a point. If I didn't know better, I'd really think he was actually posting from a nursing home for the "Imbalanced".:D He may need attention. I as a Journeyman Lineman won't oblige. :D