PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful bridge/tunnel

bren guzzi
07-28-2013, 05:36 AM
It connects Denmark to Sweden ...it combines a road and rail link. It's a bridge most of the way that goes into a tunnel to keep the ships from crashing into it through the busy straight ..
Protecting the ships cars and trains.

I LOVE IT. :D

loodvig
07-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Amazing photos, thanks for sharing.

Pootnaigle
07-28-2013, 12:01 PM
Ummm I reckon there must be a customs checkpoint in there somewhere?

bren guzzi
07-28-2013, 12:17 PM
Ummm I reckon there must be a customs checkpoint in there somewhere?

No customs between European countries anymore Poot. They rarely even check your passport.
I've taken the bike from Ireland on the ferry from Dublin. Driven through the U.K. got the ferry to France and have Driven up to Assen in Holland via Belgium several times. I HAVE " only once" HAD TO SHOW MY PASSPORT....

stulittle
07-28-2013, 04:08 PM
I popped out to Corfu a month ago for a sneaky week away with the family. Going out, showed passport twice at Stansted, landed in Corfu and it seemed as long as I had something in my hand that would do.

Coming back, I think I showed it three times in Corfu and then had to stand for half an hour at Stansted to get through border control (back into my own country)

I guess that's 'cause I was flying and for obvious reasons that's tight. I'm going to try the eurotunnel early next year to visit the mickey mouse place near Paris so will be interesting to see what happens there.

Great pics by the way. Makes the Dartford River Crossing look tame

Stu

Pootnaigle
07-28-2013, 08:51 PM
I kaint bleve all them places are losing alla that revenue from import taxes n such