PDA

View Full Version : Two Thanks Givings in a row

T-Man
11-28-2013, 12:44 PM
I had Trouble duty two Thanks Givings in a row. Both days were a little snow on the ground but calm. Each time I got a section out and when I got there I found a line fuse blown. So I patrolled the line and they were both in rural areas not far from each other. I got to an alley arm and close spaced primary going out around a pine tree, and laying in the ditch each time was a Great Horned Owl. . . both times! Those birds must have been up in the pine tree and some dinner ran thru the ditch and they swooped down thru the primary and bang they were toast. I replaced the fuse and that was all I had for trouble both years. Wierd:cool:

Rob
12-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Must be a breeding ground for those Owl's. A few years back I was patroling a blown fuse... I was walking the line out (It was off road), and it was dark.. As I got to the end I was shining my flashlight up on a transformer pole and the whole side of the can looked charred. Just as I was stepping around to get a better look I hear this god awful hissing sound, almost scrapping. I look down with the light and there's this huge bloody raccoon.. Scared the HELL out of me!

Pootnaigle
12-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Ummm if that skeered ya wait til a snake wraps itself round the pri bushing n it falls on ya when ya try n refuse it.