PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Edison Groundman

needlesrat
02-20-2014, 11:16 PM
Just applied to SoCal Edison for a few of their groundman positions they just had open. Does anybody know how tough it is to get into this position without a pole climbing cert? I just graduated college with a 4 year degree, have my CPR, and EMT. While applying, it asked if I had gone to any lineman schools, but was not require to apply for the position.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

moto_209
02-22-2014, 11:04 AM
A cert is probably preferred. Honestly they would prob want most qualified person, cert, line experience. These companies can be picky because they prob received a couple thousand applications with all kinds of back grounds.

My advice, go get a cert from NLC or move to Texas and get on as a groundman then try and and come back to the sunshine state.

Again just my .02$

ozzy
03-06-2014, 04:32 PM
I applied for the position too. I have a climbing cert and am going to get re-certified for traffic control and going to get at least my class A permit again. I worked as an apprentice for sdge when an injury took me out, but back to 100% again and looking to get another apprenticeship. I called the IBEW 47 the other day and they are not accepting applications at this time. MSLCAT however is accepting applications. I would recommend getting a climbing cert as well. Good luck and keep us posted. Im wondering how long its going to take to hear back from them. SDGE took about a year for the whole hiring process.

ozzy
05-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Edison has had a bunch of groundman openings since this post, have you applied to them as well? I haven't heard anything back from them, wonder what the hold up is?

ozzy
07-06-2014, 05:50 PM
I finally got a response from Edison for a groundman position in Blythe. I got referred to testing so Im going to hit the books and refresh on the CAST test.

ozzy
07-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Look like Im the only one on this thread now, but Ill still update it for those that lurk. Just took the CAST test for Edison, I studied a lot but the math part was pretty hard. 7 mins for 18 questions. I got 8 done. Everything else was easy. So if I passed the math I should be good to go to the physical portion. Good luck to whoever else took it. Lot of NLC and East LA training Center guys there.

Roofus
07-14-2014, 11:22 PM
There was a handful of my buddies that took the test. They all passed. Was it pretty thick down there? I didnt apply...

Alexyikes00
07-14-2014, 11:34 PM
I was there today too, where you there at 8:30 or 12:30?.. test wasn't to bad, math was pretty tough i got through problem 13. Hopefully we passed, good luck!

ozzy
07-15-2014, 01:47 PM
It was very thick down there and the have been testing for a few days from what I hear. I went to the 1230 test. I finished all sections but only got to 9 in the math, I studiied the eei study guides alot too, just suck at math. I heard that its not about how many you do in the math, but how many you got right. Good luck man, let me know if you passed. Maybe Ill see you at the physical portion.

Alexyikes00
07-15-2014, 09:45 PM
yea man it was a full when i took the test. and yea i think they been testing since last week, my classmate took the test last week and he took and passed his physical portion today, got an interview for next week. so it seems like the process is going fast.

I just checked my email and I did pass, they haven't given me my appointment for the physical portion, but I'm just waiting on that

ozzy
07-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Cool man, that's good to hear, Im hurting for work so I hope I passed the test too.

Alexyikes00
07-15-2014, 10:35 PM
thanks man!.. 2 of my friends tested with you, they are anxiously waiting aswell

ozzy
07-15-2014, 11:07 PM
Tell them to join the forum, we need more people on here

ozzy
07-15-2014, 11:51 PM
I just read the Edison Physical test description (4015). It says you have to raise and lower a grunt sack to 35' and 50', carry weights from one point to another, and dig with a shovel. It can't be that easy can it? The last test I took we had to raise and hold fully built double primary xarms to the top of the pole. It took a few people out of the test.

Alexyikes00
07-16-2014, 01:39 AM
I just read the Edison Physical test description (4015). It says you have to raise and lower a grunt sack to 35' and 50', carry weights from one point to another, and dig with a shovel. It can't be that easy can it? The last test I took we had to raise and hold fully built double primary xarms to the top of the pole. It took a few people out of the test.

yea its something like that, its probably timed tho, because it can't be that easy, at least i don't think .. but hopefully it is..

2MUCH
07-17-2014, 08:51 PM
Passed physical today and am scheduled for interview next Monday. I applied for all the groundman jobs in May/June but only got "referred to testing" for a few. 1. Does anyone know if everyone who passed the physical gets an interview? 2. Does anyone know if they just pick the top candidates and assign them wherever they want or is there more to the process? Thanks.

ozzy
07-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Im pretty sure they're going to interview everyone that passes all the tests. What I do know is they take you CAST score and your physical score and interview score and whoever scores the highest is most likey to get the job. Take into account your experiene as well. There were a ton of people so its a crap shoot. What is your experience btw?

2MUCH
07-18-2014, 09:15 PM
No experience with high voltage just construction grunt work. Have my CDL and clean record. Did you get an interview?

ozzy
07-18-2014, 09:47 PM
I tested this Monday but still haven't heard anything back at all so Im not crossing my fingers. They said three to five days for notification but who knows. Good luck bro, hope you get it.

ozzy
07-22-2014, 01:34 AM
I got tired of waiting and called the testing number and they sent me an email. Said they were running behind or something. But I passed. They didn't say anything about the physical part so still in the dark

ozzy
07-24-2014, 06:47 PM
I got the physical email today. Im testing 8/4/14 at 11:30am. Anyone else gunna be there at that time?

2MUCH
07-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Glad you got the notice of physical. Wasn't hard at all. They give you an interview date right after. I was hoping they would make a hiring decision before the 4th, but I assume they test and rank everyone first. Good luck!

ozzy
07-25-2014, 10:30 PM
Thanks brother. Yes that's the way I understand it as well. From what I've heard they take all of your scores and go from there. There was a ton of people and I wish you the best too. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

HardWorker!
07-27-2014, 09:06 PM
Thanks brother. Yes that's the way I understand it as well. From what I've heard they take all of your scores and go from there. There was a ton of people and I wish you the best too. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

You don't have any contacts that could get you back with sdge? Have you signed the groundman books at 47 in riverside & 1245 in Vacaville? You should be able to get on book 3 on both. Book 3 groundman get called all the time. You do have your class A correct? How long have you been a splicer for AT&T? I was also a splicer for them. Actually worked for them & SDGE at the same time!! I worked nights for sdge fueling the trucks up. Yards where only like 20mins away from another so I did both until I got burnt out. lmaoo

ozzy
07-27-2014, 10:58 PM
I would have to get rehired by them and they only have opening like twice a year. I've been a splicer for like a year, its a term job and I honestly don't like it at all. Im off the Home ave yard. Ill look into 1245 right now. I talked to 47 and am going to sign the groundman book once I get my osha 10. I just got a tanker endorsement. Thanks for all the great advice.

Cummins
08-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Hey all. I did my physical for the groundman position with SCE last Monday and interviewed last Wednesday. Still waiting to hear back from them, they said it can take up to 4 weeks. I hate the waiting game...

ozzy
08-02-2014, 12:01 AM
Right on man, hope you did good. Was it a panel interview? What kind of questions did they ask?

2MUCH
08-02-2014, 06:07 PM
I'll let you know right after they hire me! :D

ozzy
08-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Haha fair enough

2MUCH
08-15-2014, 08:31 PM
It's been four weeks since my interview - no info one way or the other. Rumor is they are still testing/interviewing at least until the first week of Sept. Guess I gotta take the big screen back to rent-a-center.

Alexyikes00
08-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Yep, i tested the same day as you OZZY but have yet to get an interview date, they told me the same day that i passed the physical. Yes i do think they are backed up well thats what the hiring people told me. good luck to all you guys!

2MUCH
08-21-2014, 08:45 PM
My friend who interviewed the same day I did, July 21 got called yesterday with a job offer. He goes to orientation next week and starts training the week after. Edison updated alot of my apps to No Longer Under Consideration. Some read referred to interview, some read Under Consideration, and a couple read Complete.

Qballs
08-26-2014, 02:33 PM
My friend who interviewed the same day I did, July 21 got called yesterday with a job offer. He goes to orientation next week and starts training the week after. Edison updated alot of my apps to No Longer Under Consideration. Some read referred to interview, some read Under Consideration, and a couple read Complete.
I have the exact same situation going as you, 2MUCH. I interviewed July 21st. I currently have a bunch that read 'no longer under consideration', four that read 'referred to interview' one 'under consideration' and one 'complete'. I am dying wondering what these mean. Your friend who got the call, do you know if any of his status's read refer to interview before he got the call? Also, do you know if got any 'no longer under considerations' before he got the call?

2MUCH
08-31-2014, 06:52 PM
No, they never changed his profile. He just got a call with an offer. Same with me, nothing changed on my profile and they called me with an offer on Monday the 25th and I went down to Rosemead Friday and had a physical and did all my paperwork. They offered me a job for one of the jobs that still read referred to testing from early July.

Good news is I got hired! Bad news is I don't start til mid October. They said they might move my date up, but no guarantee. I was just so stoked to get hired I forgot to ask about what all the different things meant, but I know what you mean - a simple yea or nay would be easier!

good luck!

Qballs
09-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Thanks for that. I still haven't heard back from them and nothing has been updated for the past couple of weeks but thankfully I have a few other job possibilities going for me. Hope you enjoy your job.

2MUCH
09-05-2014, 12:41 AM
Don't get discouraged - I applied for over a year. There will be alot of jobs with the new development going in along Highway 126 and along 5 with the Fort Tejon project. From talking to the other guys if you have a CDL and a clean driving record it really helps. Also the Cal Nev JATC is taking apps this month.

CACowboy
09-08-2014, 03:13 AM
Good news is I got hired! Bad news is I don't start til mid October. They said they might move my date up, but no guarantee. I was just so stoked to get hired I forgot to ask about what all the different things meant, but I know what you mean - a simple yea or nay would be easier!

You training in Chino mid-October? I was hired as Groundman, had original start date this week (first Groundman class) but my background process took longer than their cutoff, so they moved me up to the Oct. class.

2MUCH
09-15-2014, 01:33 AM
Got a voicemail on Friday from Edison. I passed the background process and start November 3. Any input from anyone who has gone through it? My understanding is it is 5 days, but I don't know how many people are there or what they will be training/testing us on. Is it enough to lift weights and practice climbing or is there other stuff to practice? I got time to work out cuz I sure don't want to crash and burn during training after waiting so long to get hired.

CACowboy
09-15-2014, 01:56 PM
Got a voicemail on Friday from Edison. I passed the background process and start November 3. Any input from anyone who has gone through it? My understanding is it is 5 days, but I don't know how many people are there or what they will be training/testing us on. Is it enough to lift weights and practice climbing or is there other stuff to practice? I got time to work out cuz I sure don't want to crash and burn during training after waiting so long to get hired.

You'll be starting with my buddy, he got his start date Nov 3rd.
5 days? I'm in Chino training from Oct. 6th-Oct. 24th, and yes, supposed to include climbing, as they request to bring "climbing tools" from the e-mail I got. Training also includes CDL if you do not have one. What yard location are you stationed in?

So Cal Rooted
05-19-2016, 11:27 PM
I know this is an old topic, but today I just got scheduled for the physical performance test for the groundman positions for SCE. Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone know if they need to hire a lot of new groundman? Or is there just few spots with a bunch of applicants?

Rdavis04
05-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Hey what's up guys!
i see that this thread has been pretty inactive, but I figured I'd give it a shot and ask a few questions. Does anyone have any info on the maths section for the groundman test with Edison. Just curious if the questions on it are pretty similar to what's in the practice tests online. And also how many questions where there? And how much time was given??

Rdavis04
05-23-2016, 07:55 PM
Hey what's up man first off congrats!
Just wanted to ask you since you just recently took the test, how was it? What kind of stuff was on the math and how many questions in how much time? Any info would really be appreciated I test this Thursday and my nerves are shot lol. Please get back to me as soon as you can thanks man!

Rdavis04
05-23-2016, 07:57 PM
I know this is an old topic, but today I just got scheduled for the physical performance test for the groundman positions for SCE. Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone know if they need to hire a lot of new groundman? Or is there just few spots with a bunch of applicants?

hey what's up man first off congrats!
i wanted to ask how the test was? What kind of questions were on it? I've been studying my ass of but I'm still really nervous. Been waiting to get on for a long time. And wanna do everything in my power to make sure I pass the test. Any info would be such a huge help!!

So Cal Rooted
05-23-2016, 08:33 PM
hey what's up man first off congrats!
i wanted to ask how the test was? What kind of questions were on it? I've been studying my ass of but I'm still really nervous. Been waiting to get on for a long time. And wanna do everything in my power to make sure I pass the test. Any info would be such a huge help!!

Thanks RDavis04! Well I passed the Cast test like 2 years ago. I was told that my cast test results will always be good until they revise the test. So I didn't have to take it again. It is basically general education and math questions (almost exactly like the test guide you can get online). Go as fast as you can WHILE GETTING THE RIGHT ANSWERS. It is better to do less with right answers than to do more with a lot of wrong answers. I have taken several tests with Edison and the groundman test was by far the easiest. There isn't any electrical theory on it or anything. If you know fractions, percentages, and basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division you should be fine. It amazes me how many people go into the test thinking they have to finish every section and fail because they guess. ITS OK IF YOU DON'T GET TO ALL THE ?s. And if you don't know one question, skip it and don't attempt to answer it. Good luck on the test. You will be fine. Go in confident. You got this!

Rdavis04
05-23-2016, 08:42 PM
Thanks RDavis04! Well I passed the Cast test like 2 years ago. I was told that my cast test results will always be good until they revise the test. So I didn't have to take it again. It is basically general education and math questions (almost exactly like the test guide you can get online). Go as fast as you can WHILE GETTING THE RIGHT ANSWERS. It is better to do less with right answers than to do more with a lot of wrong answers. I have taken several tests with Edison and the groundman test was by far the easiest. There isn't any electrical theory on it or anything. If you know fractions, percentages, and basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division you should be fine. It amazes me how many people go into the test thinking they have to finish every section and fail because they guess. ITS OK IF YOU DON'T GET TO ALL THE ?s. And if you don't know one question, skip it and don't attempt to answer it. Good luck on the test. You will be fine. Go in confident. You got this!

Thanks man I'm so nervous I'm the 4th generation so I have to pass it's all I've ever wanted to do. How much time is allowed during the math section? It's really the only part I'm nervous about. And the other sections are pretty simple? What kind of stuff did you see on it? Sorry to pry just really trying to get any help and info I can.

So Cal Rooted
05-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Thanks man I'm so nervous I'm the 4th generation so I have to pass it's all I've ever wanted to do. How much time is allowed during the math section? It's really the only part I'm nervous about. And the other sections are pretty simple? What kind of stuff did you see on it? Sorry to pry just really trying to get any help and info I can.

Im not exactly sure but I believe there are like 3 or 4 sections to the math. It was like a few years ago but I do remember that the questions are almost exactly like the practice test. So if you don't have any problems with the practice test, you should be good. I do remember that one portion of the math was very limited on time. I think like 4 minutes or something. And there is like a ridiculous amount of questions to answer within that time. Don't sweat it! I think I only answered like 8 questions but I damn sure made them count (I know I answered them all correct). I just remembered thinking "Damn! I don't think I answered enough to pass!" I think the test is tying to see how you act under pressure and if you can be accurate under the gun. After I found out I passed, It really took the stress off of the next tests I took with them. I've taken a meter technician test, a planner test, an apprentice substation operator/trainee test, and a construction helper test. All the math sections seem to be the same. And every time I work as quickly as I can but don't mind If I skip some or don't get to them all. I have passed all tests. I think the only thing that will hold you back is your nerves. Maybe rub one out before you test. LOL J/K :)

Rdavis04
05-23-2016, 09:09 PM
Im not exactly sure but I believe there are like 3 or 4 sections to the math. It was like a few years ago but I do remember that the questions are almost exactly like the practice test. So if you don't have any problems with the practice test, you should be good. I do remember that one portion of the math was very limited on time. I think like 4 minutes or something. And there is like a ridiculous amount of questions to answer within that time. Don't sweat it! I think I only answered like 8 questions but I damn sure made them count (I know I answered them all correct). I just remembered thinking "Damn! I don't think I answered enough to pass!" I think the test is tying to see how you act under pressure and if you can be accurate under the gun. After I found out I passed, It really took the stress off of the next tests I took with them. I've taken a meter technician test, a planner test, an apprentice substation operator/trainee test, and a construction helper test. All the math sections seem to be the same. And every time I work as quickly as I can but don't mind If I skip some or don't get to them all. I have passed all tests. I think the only thing that will hold you back is your nerves. Maybe rub one out before you test. LOL J/K :)

Thanks man I'm praying that it all goes smoothly. Thanks for the advice man I'm gonna use it when I test Thursday. Fingers crossed man!!

Rob
05-24-2016, 01:38 PM

Have a few beers before you go in.... Now, Rub one out !!

So Cal Rooted
05-25-2016, 12:31 AM
Have a few beers before you go in.... Now, Rub one out !!

LOL! That would ease the tension.

So Cal Rooted
05-27-2016, 12:33 AM
Thanks man I'm praying that it all goes smoothly. Thanks for the advice man I'm gonna use it when I test Thursday. Fingers crossed man!!

So how did the test go?

So Cal Rooted
06-01-2016, 12:46 PM
I just got an email this morning confirming I passed the physical performance test. Hope I get an interview.

So Cal Rooted
06-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Just got scheduled an interview. Ill update what happened on Friday. :D

Anyone else in the same boat?

So Cal Rooted
06-17-2016, 07:00 PM
Just had the interview. It was like it was the last time I had it years ago. Tell me about yourself, what is your biggest weakness, etc. There were 3 panel members. I felt like it went great. I was ready for this kind of interview. I came in confident and feel like I crushed it. Now I have to wait and see what happens. Ill keep y'all posted.:D

So Cal Rooted
06-21-2016, 06:54 PM
Just got contacted for a second interview for the same groundman positions! Nobody else? I was told it is too see if I would be a good fit at particular locations. I give an update on Friday. :D

So Cal Rooted
06-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Just got an offer for a groundman position! Not sure when I start yet. I feel so blessed! I can't wait to start my new career. Anyone else get hired or still in the process?

healsound
11-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Wow, i remember reading this forum's post a couple years ago, never ended up making an account here until today. I have also been on a mission to work for SoCal Edison as a groundman. When i read this post, i had only been working at AT&T as a telecom lineman for a year and was looking to move into Power. I found out the hard way that it is so competitive that a climbing school was necessary. I ended up quiting my job after 3 years at ATT, and attending NLC in Oroville. Now im graduating, and got another interview coming up in November for Transmission Groundman. Wow, what a difference its going to be in the interview. How is everyone doing so far? SoCal Rooted- Your still with Edison? Must be moving up the 3-4th step apprentice by now?

Alburrito
12-12-2019, 05:35 PM
This thread has been real informative and thought I'd add my experience thus far in the distribution groundman application process. I applied for one of many groundman positions on Nov. 20th. I received email to test for CAST test and Hodge safety test for Dominguez Hills, which resembles one of those personality tests, on Dec. 3rd and received results that I had passed pretty much just few hours after testing. Got an email for a digital interview on Dec 9th. and sat in front of my phone as soon as i got the email eventhough I had until the 13th. So that's where I'm at in the process with application status being "Completed" which was changed right after testing. Seems like no one in this thread had to go through a digital interview. I feel like I get more nervous in those digital interviews not a big fan of them. Any others applied recently?

vince_0311usmc
12-20-2019, 04:44 PM
This thread has been real informative and thought I'd add my experience thus far in the distribution groundman application process. I applied for one of many groundman positions on Nov. 20th. I received email to test for CAST test and Hodge safety test for Dominguez Hills, which resembles one of those personality tests, on Dec. 3rd and received results that I had passed pretty much just few hours after testing. Got an email for a digital interview on Dec 9th. and sat in front of my phone as soon as i got the email eventhough I had until the 13th. So that's where I'm at in the process with application status being "Completed" which was changed right after testing. Seems like no one in this thread had to go through a digital interview. I feel like I get more nervous in those digital interviews not a big fan of them. Any others applied recently?

i’m pretty much at the same place as you man. We were probably testing on the same day over there in Rosemead. i’ve just been anxiously checking my emails the second I wake up every day. Still nothing yet…

Alburrito
12-24-2019, 11:49 AM
Ohh man! Ill do the same and also check SCE site to see of any status change! Hopefully we hear back soon!

Alburrito
12-26-2019, 09:18 PM
Got an email for a physical performance test for 1/13/2020!

vince_0311usmc
12-31-2019, 09:12 PM
Received an email three days ago and I take my physical performance test in Chino on January 6, 2020

Ang3lsfan7
12-31-2019, 10:01 PM
Received an email 3 days ago for my groundsman test on 1/02/2020 in chino hills ca

Alburrito
01-03-2020, 12:11 AM
Received an email 3 days ago for my groundsman test on 1/02/2020 in chino hills ca

Hey glad to hear you guys have had physicals scheduled! How'd it go?

Ang3lsfan7
01-06-2020, 01:18 PM
Hey glad to hear you guys have had physicals scheduled! How'd it go?

it went good I passed my physical test and now I’m waiting for the next steps .

Alburrito
01-14-2020, 02:54 PM
Took physical yesterday with a Pass.

jkwrangler
01-14-2020, 09:19 PM
Took physical yesterday with a Pass.

Congrats man. We are on the same boat. I passed my performance test last week. Has anybody gotten an interview yet? I wonder if they’re gonna wait until they’re done doing test in chino before assigning interviews.

Alburrito
01-14-2020, 09:53 PM
Congrats man. We are on the same boat. I passed my performance test last week. Has anybody gotten an interview yet? I wonder if they’re gonna wait until they’re done doing test in chino before assigning interviews.

Thanks! I think they may wait until all tests are through but according to the person administering the test, with HireVue some hiring districts MIGHT not do a physical interview and proceed straight to hiring. It all depends on where you are hiring to and what they want to do.

jkwrangler
01-15-2020, 06:38 PM
Thanks! I think they may wait until all tests are through but according to the person administering the test, with HireVue some hiring districts MIGHT not do a physical interview and proceed straight to hiring. It all depends on where you are hiring to and what they want to do.

Makes sense. Good luck to those who passed their physicals, it’s a waiting game for now.

jkwrangler
01-17-2020, 05:37 PM

I just checked my submissions, they removed the word “completed” from one of the districts I had applied. Has anybody checked their submissions?

Ang3lsfan7
01-17-2020, 07:27 PM
I just checked my submissions, they removed the word “completed” from one of the districts I had applied. Has anybody checked their submissions?

yeah they changed all mine from completed to under consideration . Hopefully we hear something back by next week

Alburrito
01-20-2020, 01:35 PM
yeah they changed all mine from completed to under consideration . Hopefully we hear something back by next week

Same. All groundman positions I applied to have changed to "Under Consideration"

jkwrangler
01-28-2020, 08:28 PM
Same. All groundman positions I applied to have changed to "Under Consideration"

Have you guys gotten any notice yet?

Ang3lsfan7
01-28-2020, 08:54 PM
Have you guys gotten any notice yet?

no nothing yet . Have you gotten anything?

Alburrito
02-05-2020, 07:20 AM
no nothing yet . Have you gotten anything?

Haven't heard anything either

SLAMINSALMON
02-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Anyone receive any notifications yet ?

Ang3lsfan7
02-11-2020, 06:41 PM
Anyone receive any notifications yet ?

no nothing yet , I took my physical and passed on January 2nd and still haven’t heard anything . What about you ?

SLAMINSALMON
02-11-2020, 08:39 PM
no nothing yet , I took my physical and passed on January 2nd and still haven’t heard anything . What about you ?

I took my test Jan 14 and haven’t heard anything at all. Wonder what’s going on. All positions I applied for are still under consideration. Does anyone know if they decide not to move on with your application if you get notified? Been about a month since I received any emails.

Ang3lsfan7
02-12-2020, 08:52 AM

I took my test Jan 14 and haven’t heard anything at all. Wonder what’s going on. All positions I applied for are still under consideration. Does anyone know if they decide not to move on with your application if you get notified? Been about a month since I received any emails.
Yeah I’m not sure, all my positions still say, still under consideration . I tried emailing them and all they said was it’s up to hr now .

Alburrito
02-13-2020, 05:05 PM
Yeah I’m not sure, all my positions still say, still under consideration . I tried emailing them and all they said was it’s up to hr now .

Received an email i was No longer under consideration for one of the locations i applied. Still under consideration for other locations though...

SLAMINSALMON
02-14-2020, 08:22 AM
Received an email i was No longer under consideration for one of the locations i applied. Still under consideration for other locations though...

Same here . Was it for Dominguez hills?

Alburrito
02-14-2020, 05:22 PM

Same here . Was it for Dominguez hills?

Yes it was! Issok i didnt want to work in Compton anyways haha

Tony798Garcia
02-17-2020, 11:16 PM
Hey guys. Name is Tony. I'm just looking to see if anyone is willing to give some tips on how to get a test date. There hasn't been any recent openings but I want to make sure my resume/ cover letter are ready and get through the screening process when they do open up.

SLAMINSALMON
02-21-2020, 08:57 AM
Hey guys. Name is Tony. I'm just looking to see if anyone is willing to give some tips on how to get a test date. There hasn't been any recent openings but I want to make sure my resume/ cover letter are ready and get through the screening process when they do open up.

On Edison’s website they say they would prefer experience, cdl, and accredited schooling. I would base my resume on my experience related to the job description. I would also upload any certificates you currently have . As far as when they open up I believe it’s random.

Ang3lsfan7
02-26-2020, 12:49 PM

On Edison’s website they say they would prefer experience, cdl, and accredited schooling. I would base my resume on my experience related to the job description. I would also upload any certificates you currently have . As far as when they open up I believe it’s random.

has anyone heard anything yet? It’s almost been two months since I took and passed the physical test and mine still all day under consideration

SLAMINSALMON
02-26-2020, 05:54 PM
Ang3lsfan7;149247]has anyone heard anything yet? It’s almost been two months since I took and passed the physical test and mine still all day under consideration

idk which ones you specifically applied to but the only one that emailed me back was Dominguez hills saying that I was not selected . Yesterday I got an email from about 5 other locations saying “ for business reasons they are canceling the positioning opening” all others I have open still are under consideration.

Ang3lsfan7
02-26-2020, 09:11 PM
Ang3lsfan7;149247]has anyone heard anything yet? It’s almost been two months since I took and passed the physical test and mine still all day under consideration

idk which ones you specifically applied to but the only one that emailed me back was Dominguez hills saying that I was not selected . Yesterday I got an email from about 5 other locations saying “ for business reasons they are canceling the positioning opening” all others I have open still are under consideration.

Damn yeah I only applied to Santa Barbara, Ventura, Thousand Oaks, and Huntington Beach . Yeah I haven’t heard anything back yet. Which locations did they take away?

SLAMINSALMON
02-26-2020, 11:00 PM
Ang3lsfan7 Damn yeah I only applied to Santa Barbara, Ventura, Thousand Oaks, and Huntington Beach . Yeah I haven’t heard anything back yet. Which locations did they take away?

They took Santa Ana, Santa Monica, Whittier, and foothill away. Also there is like 20 positions posted on their website again.

Ang3lsfan7
02-27-2020, 11:00 AM
Ang3lsfan7 Damn yeah I only applied to Santa Barbara, Ventura, Thousand Oaks, and Huntington Beach . Yeah I haven’t heard anything back yet. Which locations did they take away?

They took Santa Ana, Santa Monica, Whittier, and foothill away. Also there is like 20 positions posted on their website again.

i wonder why they took those positions away. And it’s weird how their not hiring anyone but they posted more openings

Slickrick
02-27-2020, 03:48 PM
I recently applied as well. How long did it take you guys to get a test date also what did the physical test look like?
thanks bros

Ang3lsfan7
02-27-2020, 04:06 PM
I recently applied as well. How long did it take you guys to get a test date also what did the physical test look like?
thanks bros

I think it took like 2 weeks from applying to get a test date . The physical test is broken down in three stages . First stage you lift a 30 pound grunt sack to 50’ 4 times I believe and then lift a 70’ grunt sack to 35’ once . After that you lift crates from 20 pounds to 50 pounds and then you shovel gravel into 5 gallon buckets 20 times . The rope pull took a lot of people out because the gloves they give you suck lol

Slickrick
02-27-2020, 05:11 PM
I think it took like 2 weeks from applying to get a test date . The physical test is broken down in three stages . First stage you lift a 30 pound grunt sack to 50’ 4 times I believe and then lift a 70’ grunt sack to 35’ once . After that you lift crates from 20 pounds to 50 pounds and then you shovel gravel into 5 gallon buckets 20 times . The rope pull took a lot of people out because the gloves they give you suck lol

thanks for the info man.. and good luck hope you get in

Ang3lsfan7
02-27-2020, 08:04 PM
thanks for the info man.. and good luck hope you get in

Thanks and no problem . Good luck as well

Notchboiz1
03-01-2020, 01:15 PM
Just got hired on with Edison in Southbay as a groundman!

Notchboiz1
03-01-2020, 01:20 PM
has anyone heard anything yet? It’s almost been two months since I took and passed the physical test and mine still all day under consideration
I passed the tests and didn’t get my 1st interview (Santa Monica) until about 7 months later, and I didn’t get the job. Then I just had a second interview and got the offer about 3 weeks later.

FrankEnstine
03-02-2020, 10:47 AM
Just got hired on with Edison in Southbay as a groundman!

Congrats dude. When do you start? I also got hired out of south bay. I heard they can only hire 2 people from each location per due to limited space at the chino training. Looks like you and i made the cut this go around!

SLAMINSALMON
03-02-2020, 12:05 PM
FrankEnstine Congrats dude. When do you start? I also got hired out of south bay. I heard they can only hire 2 people from each location per due to limited space at the chino training. Looks like you and i made the cut this go around!

congrats to you guys!!! Any insight you guys can give on interview questions?
Also I was wondering if there’s any advice you guys could give me. I’m fresh out of NLC so I have all my certificates. Also have had a cdl for 5 years . I’ve passed all the tests SCE has given me . I’ve been waiting for 2 months since I passed the physical but still nothing . Any info is appreciated thanks .

FrankEnstine
03-02-2020, 01:23 PM
FrankEnstine Congrats dude. When do you start? I also got hired out of south bay. I heard they can only hire 2 people from each location per due to limited space at the chino training. Looks like you and i made the cut this go around!

congrats to you guys!!! Any insight you guys can give on interview questions?
Also I was wondering if there’s any advice you guys could give me. I’m fresh out of NLC so I have all my certificates. Also have had a cdl for 5 years . I’ve passed all the tests SCE has given me . I’ve been waiting for 2 months since I passed the physical but still nothing . Any info is appreciated thanks .

The interview was prety basic. I think it was only like 5 questions. Things like tell me about a hard decision you had to make at work. What would you do if you were approached be a angry customer ext.

As far as advice goes im not sure i have any. Im also fresh out of nlc i graduated from Oroville in nov. I just know its a waiting game. You said you passed all tests. Did you do the digital interview after the physical test? If so just hold on and wait. They say no news if good news so just try to be patient and not stress yourself out to much.

SLAMINSALMON
03-02-2020, 01:27 PM
FrankEnstine The interview was prety basic. I think it was only like 5 questions. Things like tell me about a hard decision you had to make at work. What would you do if you were approached be a angry customer ext.

As far as advice goes im not sure i have any. Im also fresh out of nlc i graduated from Oroville in nov. I just know its a waiting game. You said you passed all tests. Did you do the digital interview after the physical test? If so just hold on and wait. They say no news if good news so just try to be patient and not stress yourself out to much.

I graduated from NLC Florida in January. Applied in November while still in school. I took the cast test then the other test they give out the same day if you pass the cast test. Then had a digital interview, then got scheduled for the groundman physical but no digital interview after the physical.

did you have a digital interview after the physical test? I took my physical 1/14

thanks for the info brotha really appreciate it !!

FrankEnstine
03-02-2020, 02:25 PM
I graduated from NLC Florida in January. Applied in November while still in school. I took the cast test then the other test they give out the same day if you pass the cast test. Then had a digital interview, then got scheduled for the groundman physical but no digital interview after the physical.

did you have a digital interview after the physical test? I took my physical 1/14

thanks for the info brotha really appreciate it !!

I did my digital interview after my physical. There is only 1 digital interview so they prob jist did things a little different this time around.
It took about 5 or 6 weeks to get a in person interview for the yard i applied to.
So like i said its just a waiting game now and no news is good news. just try to be patient, i know the whole process is pretty stressful but hopefully it will all be worth ot for you in the long run.

Good luck bud!

Slickrick
03-02-2020, 02:55 PM
The interview was prety basic. I think it was only like 5 questions. Things like tell me about a hard decision you had to make at work. What would you do if you were approached be a angry customer ext.

congrats! Did you guys have any previous work experience in the field? Groundman experience?

Congrats again!

SLAMINSALMON
03-02-2020, 03:51 PM
FrankEnstineI did my digital interview after my physical. There is only 1 digital interview so they prob jist did things a little different this time around.
It took about 5 or 6 weeks to get a in person interview for the yard i applied to.
So like i said its just a waiting game now and no news is good news. just try to be patient, i know the whole process is pretty stressful but hopefully it will all be worth ot for you in the long run.

Good luck bud!

Thanks brotha appreciate the help!!

Slickrick
03-12-2020, 01:29 PM
Any one have any updates on status??

Ang3lsfan7
03-12-2020, 05:27 PM
Any one have any updates on status??

nothing yet, I just applied to the new jobs and they just changed to under consideration. Have you heard anything yet?

jesus93
03-20-2020, 03:46 AM
Sup guys I’m on this forum well actually my first. I have to take the test next Friday in Rosemead and I’m a little nervous when it comes to the math part. Can anyone who has taken the test tell me a little more about it or what material I should get so I can study it? Thanks

SLAMINSALMON
03-24-2020, 11:47 AM
jesus93Sup guys I’m on this forum well actually my first. I have to take the test next Friday in Rosemead and I’m a little nervous when it comes to the math part. Can anyone who has taken the test tell me a little more about it or what material I should get so I can study it? Thanks

if you have a test scheduled they should have sent you an email with a study guide and practice test. They are very helpful . I would take them over as many times as you can.

Also I just had another email for a online interview last week . Did anyone else get that. Hoping I get a call soon !

Alburrito
03-24-2020, 05:07 PM
[/QUOTE] if you have a test scheduled they should have sent you an email with a study guide and practice test. They are very helpful . I would take them over as many times as you can.

Also I just had another email for a online interview last week . Did anyone else get that. Hoping I get a call soon ![/QUOTE]

Yea i got an email for another digital interview as well! Hopefully some positive news in the near future!!

Tony88garcia
03-25-2020, 04:12 AM
Hey guys. I have a test on Thurs in Rosemead. If i pass will I have to climb that day ?

Ang3lsfan7
03-25-2020, 09:26 PM
Hey guys. I have a test on Thurs in Rosemead. If i pass will I have to climb that day ?

no you will just take the test and that’s it and then a couple weeks later you’ll get an email for the next step. There is no climbing to get this job

Tony88garcia
03-27-2020, 05:22 PM
So I passed and now I have to finish a digital interview before March 30th.

FrankEnstine
03-27-2020, 08:56 PM
I got a job offer a few weeks ago and was supposed to start training on april 20th. I just got a call today saying because of all this shit with the corona virus they have to put a hold on the training. I wouldnt be surprised if they put a hold on all tests and interviews for the time being.

Tony88garcia
03-30-2020, 01:03 PM
I got a job offer a few weeks ago and was supposed to start training on april 20th. I just got a call today saying because of all this shit with the corona virus they have to put a hold on the training. I wouldnt be surprised if they put a hold on all tests and interviews for the time being.
Congrats man! What was involved int the digital interview?

FrankEnstine
03-30-2020, 02:18 PM
Congrats man! What was involved int the digital interview?
Thanks man. It wasn't 2 bad. Its a video recording of a lady asking you questions. Its 4 questions total. I did it in dec so i dont really remember what they asked. They ask the question and then it gives you like 30 sec or 1 min to come up with a answer before it starts recording.

Alburrito
03-31-2020, 12:13 AM
Thanks man. It wasn't 2 bad. Its a video recording of a lady asking you questions. Its 4 questions total. I did it in dec so i dont really remember what they asked. They ask the question and then it gives you like 30 sec or 1 min to come up with a answer before it starts recording.

Did you have to do it twice or just once? Questions seem pretty easy but i had to do it twice

FrankEnstine
03-31-2020, 01:36 PM
Did you have to do it twice or just once? Questions seem pretty easy but i had to do it twice

I only had to take it once. Did they ask you the same questions both times?

Alburrito
03-31-2020, 08:06 PM
I only had to take it once. Did they ask you the same questions both times?

Yes pretty much exact same. Said it was mandatory fir everybody to do it again even if you had done it previously

ChrisDavis
04-02-2020, 02:29 PM
I’m new here, was reading some useful information on this thread, and was wondering, how long did it take to get an job offer after the in person interview? And if you applied for multiple positions but only interviewed for 2, did you get a no longer under consideration message from the other locations?

FrankEnstine
04-03-2020, 09:05 PM
I’m new here, was reading some useful information on this thread, and was wondering, how long did it take to get an job offer after the in person interview? And if you applied for multiple positions but only interviewed for 2, did you get a no longer under consideration message from the other locations?
It took me about a week to get the job offer after the interview. The day i got the job offer i also got a email saying that another location wanted to do a interview. So just because you already did a interview dosent necessarily mean you won't get asked to do more interviews.
They told me to cancle my applications to all other yards because i had accepted the job so idk about the status changing.
Hope this helps
Just wondrong what yards did you interview for?

Slickrick
05-14-2020, 11:21 PM
Looks like corona virus put a hault on everything boys. yet to hear any updates on status.. bummer..

jkwrangler
05-23-2020, 12:23 AM

How’s it going fellas. Has anybody received any news after doing the second Digital interview?, or regarding the job submissions from back in November?

I heard they’re still working on testing some candidates

Kgreen4life
05-27-2020, 05:06 PM
Just received an email saying the physical test is on hold.

Slickrick
05-27-2020, 09:55 PM
Just received an email saying the physical test is on hold.

Same, wonder how much longer.. :confused:

FrankEnstine
07-07-2020, 02:53 PM
Anyone hear anything yet? I was supposed to start ground man training on 4/20. No word from them on when they are planning on getting things going again...

tommyjohn
05-03-2021, 09:23 PM
threads been dead for over a year now. just applied to 18 positions with edison. passed my hirevue, waiting on my cast test dates. anybody here apply for these groundman spots? posted around late march/april 2021.

AaronC
05-03-2021, 11:51 PM
threads been dead for over a year now. just applied to 18 positions with edison. passed my hirevue, waiting on my cast test dates. anybody here apply for these groundman spots? posted around late march/april 2021.

Hey man! I did, passed my hirevue also. Now just waiting!

tommyjohn
05-04-2021, 08:59 PM
Congrats! says I'm 'under consideration' for Dominguez Hills. All other locations say 'submission received'. Felt like i did horrible on the hirevue lol.

47grunt
05-05-2021, 12:48 AM
Congrats! says I'm 'under consideration' for Dominguez Hills. All other locations say 'submission received'. Felt like i did horrible on the hirevue lol.

I’m under consideration for Dominguez Hills as well!

tommyjohn
05-12-2021, 08:26 PM
have you heard back from sce about test taking dates?

PeeWii
06-09-2021, 11:20 PM
Hey whats up guys!

so i applied for the same positions as well. So the 18 distribution groundman positions back around 3/2020 and also the 3 transmission groundman positions that were just posted not too long ago so about 1 week ago. I'm also "under consideration" for Dominguez Hills but I'm "submission received" for all the other positions.

I'm taking my 5108 EEI CAST Test tomorrow afternoon at 1pm so I'll see some of you guys there! You guys are going to do just fine!

Just graduated from NLC on 4/2020

PeeWii
06-17-2021, 12:03 PM
CAST test went well! I got the results right after I was finished. Now just waiting on an email to schedule the physical battery test:)

I'm 'Under Consideration' for the Transmission Groundman for Rialto

SLAMINSALMON
06-17-2021, 12:04 PM
What’s going on guys. Same here applied to all the positions available. Finally got selected to Dominguez hills as well.
I’ve also already passed their cast, and physical test along with the the test they just sent out a week ago. Have any of you had any updates ? Anyone take the physical or cast test recently?

PeeWii
06-22-2021, 05:47 PM
Got a rejection email last week for the transmission groundman for RIALTO. For now, still 'under consideration' for TG for Valencia and Hesperia

No email about the physical CAST test for the Distribution positions yet

PeeWii
07-18-2021, 05:26 PM
Hey whats up guys!

so i passed the physical performance test and it wasnt too hard but very stressful for the first test. If the rope slips during the rope pull test, its a fail and you wont be able to continue so be aware of your grip strength. Another thing too is that they give you brand new leather gloves so you dont really have that much traction with the rope so they suggest turning them inside out, dab a little bit of water and rub some dirt on them. I listen to them and performed so much better following what they said. the other 2 tests are pretty easy. just gotta move some crates then fill up some empty buckets of rocks

Now, im waiting for an email from SCE for a Final Interview. I'll let you guys know whats going on for the ppl that are still reading this thread

PeeWii
10-21-2021, 05:24 PM
Hey whats up guys! its been months since the last post but this is the latest update.

so i got denied for the 18 different groundsman positions. i passed the battery test on the computer, and also passed the physical test but they did not choose me for the interview process. there is about 15 different groundsman positions available now and just applied for them again. The only difference now is that, I don't need to do those tests again and I get pushed through the final step so they have to decide to give me an interview or not. Also, now that some time has passed, I have been employed with the 1245 IBEW since the end of July and have "some" experience on my resume. Hopefully things go well! Good luck everyone!

JSimoes
11-04-2021, 11:57 PM
Hey guys, I am testing for the CAST on Tuesday and I am nervous. For anyone who has taken it recently, is it true that you should skip the questions you know you will answer wrong and not try to guess, and focus on the ones that you think you can get right??? Or should you try to answer as many as you can? Any and all help would be appreciated. I did the HireVue interview about 2 weeks ago, and then was invited to do the workstyle test, which I took and passed, and then it prompted me right away to schedule for the CAST test next week.

JSimoes
11-05-2021, 08:06 PM
Hey whats up guys! its been months since the last post but this is the latest update.

so i got denied for the 18 different groundsman positions. i passed the battery test on the computer, and also passed the physical test but they did not choose me for the interview process. there is about 15 different groundsman positions available now and just applied for them again. The only difference now is that, I don't need to do those tests again and I get pushed through the final step so they have to decide to give me an interview or not. Also, now that some time has passed, I have been employed with the 1245 IBEW since the end of July and have "some" experience on my resume. Hopefully things go well! Good luck everyone!

Hey guys, I am testing for the CAST on Tuesday and I am nervous. For anyone who has taken it recently, is it true that you should skip the questions you know you will answer wrong and not try to guess, and focus on the ones that you think you can get right??? Or should you try to answer as many as you can? Any and all help would be appreciated. I did the HireVue interview about 2 weeks ago, and then was invited to do the workstyle test, which I took and passed, and then it prompted me right away to schedule for the CAST test next week.

JSimoes
11-29-2021, 10:40 PM
Think I may be the only one active on here right now, but just wanted to see if anyone has received any interviews? Took and passed the CAST a couple of weeks ago, and passed the physical last week. Just waiting to hopefully get an interview. Also received another HireVue for the other locations that I applied to, and did that on Saturday. Hoping to hear something back soon.

MachoMan
12-01-2021, 03:06 PM
hey there, I have been reading your posts. I completed the CAST and Hirevue interview too. Now just waiting to find out if I can go for the physical which would happen Dec 15 - 21. Any tips for completing the physical? Is the physical done one person at a time or amongst a group?

JSimoes
12-03-2021, 09:02 PM
hey there, I have been reading your posts. I completed the CAST and Hirevue interview too. Now just waiting to find out if I can go for the physical which would happen Dec 15 - 21. Any tips for completing the physical? Is the physical done one person at a time or amongst a group?

Hey, congrats on passing those two! I would read the previous posts and the info on their website regarding what is done during the test. People are divided into groups of 2 or 3, then each group has their turn in performing. I would do some cardio and shoulder exercises to prep for it. Also turn your gloves they give you inside out and put some dirt and water so that you don't slip when doing the pulled weights. If the rope slips, its an automatic fail. For me they emailed us the next day with the results. I know in previous posts people said they found out same day as physical. I got that same email as you regarding the physical test in Dec, but I literally just completed it last week. So I hope they don't make me do it again. I did all the testing for the Santa Barb and Compton locations cause those were "under consideration" first, then the rest of the locations I applied to (all 14) went under consideration and then they made me do a HireVue again for those locations.

Joshfisherman
12-29-2021, 01:57 AM
Think I may be the only one active on here right now, but just wanted to see if anyone has received any interviews? Took and passed the CAST a couple of weeks ago, and passed the physical last week. Just waiting to hopefully get an interview. Also received another HireVue for the other locations that I applied to, and did that on Saturday. Hoping to hear something back soon.

I just made this account just to reply to you hah! I did testing on November 23rd I believe and I'm sure we tested together. Edison requested 3 different hirevue videos from me and I only completed 1 because it didn't seem to make sense that they wanted 3 of the same videos. Do ALL of them no matter what. I was only put under consideration for like 6 out of the 20 groundman jobs I applied for because I did not complete all their hirevue videos. Hope that helps with anyone questioning multiple hirevue requests.

dzsport2018
01-11-2022, 12:59 PM
hey guys was wondering if anyone had any tips for passing the individual contributor work style test edison makes groundman take. I have heard it referred to as a "personality test" before too. I took it in 2021 and failed which was definitely frustrating because I passed the CAST test portion. is there a specific way of answering the questions or time limit that I am missing? the study guide and info they have on the test is very vague and doesn't reveal much, and the test questions themselves also made practically no sense throughout. Any advice I could get to help pass it or study up on it would be much appreciated!

leogit
02-02-2022, 09:55 PM
Hey, guys just wondering if you had any tips for the HireVue interview. Like what type of questions are asked etc. I got mine coming up on 2/10/22, so anything would be helpful thanks.