PDA

View Full Version : Leaning Poles

bluepointpowerman
03-29-2014, 04:27 PM
When does your company consider the lean of a pole to be excessive (what degree lean). Technically, a leaning pole is overloaded and should be corrected ( more or stronger guys, etc.).

Orgnizdlbr
03-29-2014, 06:40 PM
First Energy considers excessive lean when the pole is on the ground, otherwise if the pole still stands, it's ok with them......:eek:

bren guzzi
03-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Over here in the uk ..when we patrol a line. If it has more than 5 degrees of lean we mark the patrol sheet " need to plumb pole"
the electricity will still go through..but it sure makes it uncomfortable to work off spikes.

Prairie Dog
05-01-2014, 12:45 PM
My outfit tells me they "don't wanna hear about no leanin' poles". They prefer that I sag the resulting "low wire" tighter...which, of course, results in the pole leaning more and the wire bagging back down. I turn them in anyway and let them be the ones to ignore it.

Arc Blast
05-23-2014, 12:50 AM
Yeah I don't care what the company thinks we are the guys that have to climb the things if you have climbed enough you know when a pole is no fun because of the lean. If the company doesn't fix leaning poles they better not expect you climb them if the time ever comes. I wouldn't. My two cents.