PDA

View Full Version : Some of your "Best" Pictures...

Pages : [1] 2

bashlin
11-28-2005, 08:25 PM
here's a pic of my dodge charger, i did some editing on it and think it turned out pretty cool.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/759000-759999/759979_44_full.jpg

bashlin
11-28-2005, 09:51 PM
photoimpression 4. it does video and pics. all i did was add some effects to it. the program came with my digital camara, it's a kodak cd33. what i like is that it will record up to 15 min.. of video on a memory card. i think i'll take a few more pics tomorrow, good thread swampy!!

loodvig
11-30-2005, 06:19 AM
This is a good thread. So how about a quick leason on how to post. A step by step thing for us dummys!

bashlin
11-30-2005, 11:16 AM
hey loodvig, if you go to http://www.cardomain.com/ or http://photobucket.com/ you can post your pics on these sites for free then you will not have to resize them at all. i use both sites to house my pictures, one is no better than the other. heck register at both and enjoy all the benefits!!! it's free. ok, this is the easyest but may sound crazy. once you've posted you pics on these sites click on the pic to see it in full size. then right click you mouse you will see a box that says back, forward, and about ten other things go all the way to the bottom porperties and clilck that. once you've done that another screen will come up that says general at the top. go to about the mibble of that screen to where it says [address][url]. thier will be some words out to the side of that usually starts with "http:" left click that and copy it. once you've done that come here to start your post and here's all you have to do. type this, then no space's right click and paste the words you copied off the picture properties the no spaces type and your pic will be one here. it should look like this -http://www.infospace.cominfo.alltel/redirs_all.htm. give it a try once you get the hang of it it's easy. try posting some pics and then just click preview post to practice, you don't have to post them permantly to start off. if you have any questions pm me and i'll give ya my phone number, i could talk you through it on the phone.

LINETRASH
11-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up, bro, you rock!

This is how I roll!

bashlin
11-30-2005, 10:17 PM
This is how I roll!

sweet, we've just got one of those new models at our office 2 weeks ago. i haven't had time to drive it, been off useing some vacation, but i think i'm going to like the extra ground clearence. we've been useing some low profile models on our small buckets, they suck off road!!

LINETRASH
11-30-2005, 10:31 PM
This puppy sits up high, has a turbo that pulls all the time, almost no lag at take off.

They tweaked the front end so it sits higher and turns on a dime, a vast improvement on the last batch of new trucks.

LINETRASH
12-01-2005, 12:14 AM
Yep, 2005 international 4200.

It sports an altech boom.

I know the pics are tiny, but I just got started trying to post pics, so they can only get better :,)

DuFuss
12-01-2005, 06:23 AM
For a free alternative to photo shop try gimp. www.gimp.org It's way more powerful than Paint Shop Pro in my opinion.

I would post my shot which contained a very cool looking human head when Katrina was coming to town. Sadly I don't carry my camera often and forgot I had it. When I remembered it and found a place that wasn't blocking it with trees it had broken up. Oh well. :/

loodvig
12-01-2005, 07:45 AM
OK this is a test. No, I didnt take this. I have to wonder if it's photochopped or what?

LINETRASH
12-01-2005, 01:41 PM
still tryin!

hantzr
12-01-2005, 08:31 PM
still tryin!

Looks good now.
We have 2 new International Trucks. A single bucket 4300 and a tandem digger 7300 i believe. They are great trucks especially the 4300 single bucket, it is great to drive around the city and operate, plenty of power for sure. That is a nice rig you have there.

BigClive
12-01-2005, 08:57 PM
I'm getting jealous now. We tend to get lumbered with rather underpowered van or lorry conversions for bucket trucks. Today I had a hired van mount that was so gutless that I made a prat of myself trying to get up on a kerb with it. It decided to skid sideways along the kerb and block traffic a bit instead. I had to put on the yellow beacons and pretend I was doing it deliberately. :)

Most interesting access I used was actually the arborists bucket lift from the councils parks department. It was very much an all-terrain vehicle in the style of a large millitary land rover. A very cool looking vehicle.

Bear_Boomer
12-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Heres that Florida sunshine when us Californians finish with it! (not my best)

Bear_Boomer
12-03-2005, 12:15 AM
hey man, nice pics. see the sunrise on the opening page of powerlineman ? look under beymer-69kv, those are mine also. barry P>S> heres one from today, where i grew up, near redding ca

bashlin
12-08-2005, 08:05 PM
theirs no lock nut on the guy bolt..nice pic..

loodvig
12-09-2005, 05:48 AM
Up this way they are called 'pal nuts'. Throw em in the woods! Great pics! Keep em coming.

RWD
12-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Sagebrush nuts ... They are inportant though. I used to toos them but I've been on lines that would have come down without them. The wood shrinks and the nuts back off.

Sorry, RWD

BigClive
12-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Last week I was working next to the River Clyde that runs through Glasgow. The work was on either side of a bridge that carries all the railway lines into Glasgow Central station. It's very ornate underneath with lots of big stone arches and pillars, and there seems to be a drainage system that lets the water from the railway above drain down through pipes located centrally between the support arches. this means that there is generally a stream of water falling down between them. Since the sun was shining at a low angle under the arches it made the falling water light up, so I took a picture.

If anyone wants the full size picture, then email me at bigclive1@ntlworld.com and I'll email it back. It makes a superb background for the Windows desktop.

bashlin
12-10-2005, 05:01 PM
man i wished my job site looked this cool!! awsome!

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/759000-759999/759979_55_full.jpg

RWD
12-10-2005, 05:29 PM
Clive Nice Photo!

I humbly submit that I have been on all three sides of the pal nut issue :(

As a lineman i used to hate them (still do) .... not the new install but the removal during rebuild or changing hardware it's a bitch if they have been over torqued and bent.

As a staker as they are part of the new construction spec

As an inspector as I had to justify why to the linemen ... and show them the correct installation to make it easier on the maintenance linehands.

Most folks crank them on too tight causing them to bend. it's hand tight plus 1/4 turn by spec.

RWD

Patriot
12-10-2005, 06:00 PM
We went to the spring lock a few years ago. Not oppinion as better than a lock nut or not. THey are spec, so they get used!

LostArt
12-12-2005, 09:09 PM
Nice pics guys!! Clive..............that is one awesome pic buddy! I LOVE it! That right there is a colored pencil artist's dream!!! I love the sepia colored pencil..........and that pic reaps of it. Whew. Really nice.

Great thread to start Swamp! But, all the pics I have are of the carport, house, flowerbed and the boss's baby, The Gambler Boat.

otpig2
12-13-2005, 01:14 AM
sunset during south dakota storm job

LostArt
12-13-2005, 07:46 AM
I need to play with the camera more Swamp. I know this. There has only been a few times that I have caught a "great moment" but not often. I pretty much suck at the pic flick.

That's a nice sunset also OT! South Dakota lookin' good!

Bear_Boomer
12-13-2005, 10:00 PM
Setting the active turntable on a 500kv disconnect in Mira Loma Sub, near Ontario,Ca. Badass job, this one, got more too!

Bear_Boomer
12-13-2005, 10:14 PM
more! And more to come, I got a ton of em.

LostArt
12-14-2005, 06:50 AM
Those are great Beamer! Keep'em coming!

Bear_Boomer
12-16-2005, 07:25 AM
Here ya go people! This is the load on 40 miles of dead line, with the grounding switch closed at the other end. There is a paralelled 500 KV line all the way. When I pulled one, it drew a 4 foot flame(the safety was'nt watching when I did that one). IT'S NOT DEAD UNLESS IT'S GROUNDED!!!!!!! P.S. do not try this at home!

Bear_Boomer
12-16-2005, 09:26 AM
How do you show your colors? show me your "rear window". Pick-ups preferred, but some linehands have cars , I reckon. Bear

BigClive
12-16-2005, 02:47 PM
Uh huh? So just how long did you amuse yourself trying to pull long arcs? :)

As far as showing your colours? You what?

I'd happilly show you the rear window of my Ford Transit van, but it doesn't have rear windows for security reasons.

LostArt
12-16-2005, 05:06 PM
How do you show your colors? show me your "rear window". Pick-ups preferred, but some linehands have cars , I reckon. Bear

I'm no linehand just the boss' grunt at times! But, I have you know I have a TRUCK! And I try not to wear a dress unless I have to! :D

I don't have anything in my rear window. Seriously. Does this mean I ain't a redneck woman after all?????

What is that in your rear window Beamer?

bashlin
12-16-2005, 06:06 PM
hear you go bear, i got this from lineman barn..great sticker IMHO

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/759000-759999/759979_57_full.jpg

LostArt
12-16-2005, 09:27 PM
That is a great sticker Bash! Hope you saw my Lineman prints and cards while you were browsing. :D

Hemingray Insulators
12-16-2005, 11:33 PM
yes, thats MY girlfriend, if you need confirmation, ask Squizzy or Zapman3021.

Bear_Boomer
12-17-2005, 02:35 AM
why sister , that is the sticker of the tramp linehand.IBEW LU 1245, is the small one. out here in the west, the outside linehands proudly display the large IBEW sticker, while others go for the smaller ones, hmmmmm.

LostArt
12-17-2005, 09:25 AM
why sister , that is the sticker of the tramp linehand.IBEW LU 1245, is the small one. out here in the west, the outside linehands proudly display the large IBEW sticker, while others go for the smaller ones, hmmmmm.

I love to hear one that LOVES his job and where he works! You go boy! As you see, it can be a rare commodity here. :D

LostArt
12-17-2005, 09:27 AM
you wanna see my best pic eh? it's of my beautiful girlfriend, and yes she said she didn't mind if I posted it.

She is still cute as can be Ray!

LostArt
12-18-2005, 09:18 AM
This is at Oceanside last Sept 2004. I was there visiting my daughter and my Marine SIL when we took some shots of the powerlines there. If you can see it, there is an old drive-in screen in the distance.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/CApowerlines.jpg

This is my first time hosting a picture and I hope I got the right one and did it right! :D

Hemingray Insulators
12-19-2005, 12:43 AM
heres a larger pic of the broken crossarm that was at school, I love the sunrise background :D It's a little blurry, but I absolutely love the sunrise.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/power%20lines/brokencrossarms.jpg

LostArt
12-19-2005, 09:14 AM
WHOA! How long can that go on? Did they fix it right away?

Hemingray Insulators
12-19-2005, 09:32 AM
they fixed it within a week, (After that lineman tha goes to my church saw the pics I emailed him)

Hemingray Insulators
12-19-2005, 09:33 AM
I don't just like insulators and linework, I like trains too.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/trains/insulators053.jpg

n_ogden
12-21-2005, 02:42 PM
I have a ton of transmission photos of towers around where Im at! I just need to make a photo page haha.

and brian, damn boy, your g/f is pretty hot! You make sure you take care of her buddy.

have anymore pics of that backyard line by any chance?

n_ogden
12-21-2005, 02:58 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/powerlineguy86/425827863ENAWEF_fs.jpg

Im new at these....power line pic - some of Maryland's crappiest looking towers :D

Hemingray Insulators
12-21-2005, 03:08 PM
I have a ton of transmission photos of towers around where Im at! I just need to make a photo page haha.

and brian, damn boy, your g/f is pretty hot! You make sure you take care of her buddy.

have anymore pics of that backyard line by any chance?

yeah, i have a whole thread on my backyard line in the linework forum.
ya, my girl gets treated real well. mabey she should be nominated for hottest girl of the year :D

Hemingray Insulators
12-23-2005, 01:21 PM
heres a few of my favorite insulators, a Pat. Dec 19. 1871 in lime green, a Hemingray No. 9 in light purple, a Carnival Pyrex, and a red amber Hemingray-19, some "RARE" insulators.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/Insulators/Dec23328.jpg

Lizzy Borden
01-01-2006, 12:12 AM
This is my 6 year old daughter jumping a horse. One of the first pictures I snapped with my digital. Its hard to get a shot like this. Its bad enough trying to photograph a 6 year old but flying by on a horse!

LostArt
01-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Your daughter is so cute Liz! Nice pic too.

I'll have to send you one of my cowgirl niece. I got a nice cowgirl pic for Christmas.

Hemingray Insulators
01-01-2006, 09:20 PM
nice pic Lizzy.

Lizzy Borden
01-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Ok here is one for the girls....Keith Urban. I think I got an awesome shot. I was front and center....!!!

Swamp your wife's right. My heart skips a beat....my daughter is so tiny jumping horse's about 800lbs.

Lizzy Borden
01-01-2006, 10:53 PM
How about this shot taken in the dark. I love my camera!!! Keith Urban.

BigClive
01-02-2006, 01:36 PM
My wife looked at that pict and "remembered" when my daughter started riding lessons....she started having the same anxiety attack she use to have on "horse class" night!
"Get er DONE!" :-)

Well if it inspires any confidence, the first time I was put on a horse at a young age it bolted and threw me out of the saddle. Ufortunately my right foot stayed in the stirrup and I was dragged the full length of a beach, running on my hands with the horses hooves pounding between my legs.

Hmm, memorable holidays indeed!

LostArt
01-02-2006, 07:14 PM
LMAO! Clive.............you are a regular cowboy! :D

Ummm......................Keith Urban.............

Well, there is no drool smilie..........so you will just have to picture it! :D Nice shot Liz..............good aim! :D

RWD
01-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Grew up riding. If you don't fall off your a dude. Worst lickin' I ever got was when Carder a 16 hand stallion (moyle Breed) lost me jumping a creek bareback. He beat me back home. That never happened again. ..... That is no horse ever beat me home. Got beat for plenty of other things but grew up fairly good. Rodeo'd for a few years. Cheek bone replaced. Kicked a bit of sense into me though. Quit that Shit. Wrangled in Colorado for a time. Fun times in the mountains around Silverton and Teluride.

Ok I'll get off my horse now :D

RWD

Lizzy Borden
01-08-2006, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the pocono's.

I have a permanant horse shoe scar on my calf, its bad. My horse fell down at a lope, fell on me, stepped on me and tossed me like a fish. My leg was tangled up in the reins.

Lizzy Borden
01-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Yeah Lost Art....Keith Urban had my blood pumping for sure. My daughter wanted to know if she could touch him.....I wanted to say.....not before mommy.

Two people I worked with actually lost their kids in horse accidents. I had one guy kept telling me I was nuts. I know how bad it hurt when I got stepped on. I bought her the best helmet and I pray nothing happens. She could get hurt riding her bike or in a car.

LostArt
01-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Those are nice Pics Lizzy. All that whiteness. Cool..........or is that COLD? Whew!

It was cold this past weekend Lizzy. Got in the '20s! :D Wanna here a "Your a Redneck If" story?

The boss built a fire in the fireplace and rigged me up a wiener stick. Heh. I roasted us some hotdogs in the fireplace Friday night! :D

Here is my fireplace. I took it a few weeks ago. You can't see my green Gator, but it's right in front of the fireplace on the tile. It's in 3 peices. It's little compared to our big concret one outside. :D

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/DSC00441-1.jpg

Saline
01-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi Guys,

This is my latest attempt at making a desert landscape in my garden.

LINETRASH
01-09-2006, 08:32 PM
I was fortunate enough to be on hand when swamprat was in training for his part time retirement job.

Keep your chin up, swamper.

LostArt
01-09-2006, 09:08 PM
LMAO! That had to hurt! Oh man LT! That young filly has started practicing early, hadn't she? :D

Hey Saline! Where ya been????? I love what you have created with that bed buddy. Everything is brown and dead here now. I'm waiting on April. Maybe March......if it warms up sooner. I'm itching to get my hands soiled! :D

LINETRASH
01-09-2006, 10:14 PM
You bet, that was one of the funniest pics I ever saw!! ;)

LINETRASH
01-10-2006, 12:50 AM
I knew you would dig that ;-)

Lizzy Borden
01-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Ha........that was Little Lizzy Jr. breaking in Mickey aka Swamprat.

Bad day at Disney for sure......If he was a little taller he wouldnt have that problem.

BigClive
01-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Here's a picture I took at the Edinburgh Military Tattoo last year. I was head electrician on the show with a mere 1000A per phase (three phase 240/415) available on the Esplanade and another 800A a phase available in the castle itself. Just as well, given that we had 1MW (4x1000A pulsed) of lightning simulators for the launch of the Harry Potter book that was filmed at the castle before the Tattoo started. This is a panoramic rooftop view from the rear of the control gantry.
http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/edinb.JPG

LostArt
01-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Boy howdy! An artist's dream Clive! All those angles and colors. Nice pic buddy!

BigClive
01-13-2006, 04:25 PM
That is an Incredible shot Clive. Really nice man. Where were you when ya shot that? Tell me...."In a bucket"!!! :-)

It does have that "up in a bucket" feel to it, but in reality it's on a metal walkway leading into out control room at the tattoo. The tattoo is held at Edinburgh Castle which is basically on a rock high above the city, so by the time we've added our lighting gantry it's a significant height compared to the surrounding terrain. Having not been blessed with a fear of height, I only realised how high it actually is when I invited a lighting friend to come up onto the gantry for a look at our gear. When we got up he just froze up. I had to coax him carefully over to our control cabin by telling him to stare straight at me and just move forwards. Likewise when we went down I had to grab both his hands and walk backwards in front of him while he looked straight at me until we got to the access level. A very odd experience at a height I thought was average.

Here's an older (crap) picture in the opposite direction from lower down. Because it's looking straight at the castle it doesn't seem anywhere near as high. The chap in the picture is Steven Blackie (Cornelius) a labourer (grunt?) with Northern Light.

http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/bigclive/pix23.jpg

If you look above the flagposts in front of the castle you can see the canon ports. I got my ass kicked for pulling a cable up from the moat and dragging it round while walking on the top of that wall without a harness. Where it curves round to the left it's an absolutely hideous drop down a cliff face. If you take a look at the highest point, namely the tower at the top left of the picture, then it's an absolutely incredible view from there. Unfortunately it's a bit cramped and the turrets are actually at knee height. With a strong gust of wind I did feel a brief moment of "height" there. :) (Rather tragically, a painter fell to his death from the same point a few years back while painting the flagpole on the tower. He had finished painting and untied the ladder before noticing a spot he'd missed. He climbed back up the unsecured ladder and it fell over the side of the tower.)

Bear_Boomer
01-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Just hangin' some glass.......... :cool:

Lizzy Borden
01-14-2006, 05:42 PM
Hey guys try out imageshack.us

Its really easy to size your pictures there for the forums.

LINETRASH
01-19-2006, 01:31 AM
A few pics of my family reunion.

Doggboi
01-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Heres the site I use Swamp: http://www.wincustomize.com/Skins.aspx?LibID=8 tons of wallpapaers and various other skins there as well. You can even reskin the theme of your desktop.. but that seems a little bit to much work for me at this point.

and yes, I realize this ia picture post thread, and I have a really good one of the Indian River at dusk that I will post when I get home and resize it.

Doggboi
01-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Heres a couple shots.. and what I did with one of them while playing Battlefield:Vietnam in a tournement I was in called Napalm Dawn.

The pics look better full size of course , but are huge , so I shrank them

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/doggboi/screenies/resize1.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/doggboi/screenies/resize2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Dv8Mutt/logo/ND1.jpg

Powerlineman14
02-07-2006, 11:22 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/Liveline/AimereeandMark_hotstick.jpg

City of Penticton Electrical Division
Penticton BC Canada

LINETRASH
02-08-2006, 07:40 PM
nice pic.

Whats up with the short sleeves?

Thought they wus outlawed even in the great white north ;]

Doggboi
02-21-2006, 11:07 PM
I liked the dragon fishing scene

Orgnizdlbr
02-26-2006, 09:39 AM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/Edge1289/f16slbi.jpg

F-16s over Long Beach Island NJ. I use the inlet you see to fish the Ocean. Upper part of pic is hard to see but its Atlantic City.

LostArt
02-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Man, that is some great computer graphics Swamp! I'm impressed!

Hey Labor! Nice pic. Do you go to Atlantic City much? :D

Doggboi
02-26-2006, 12:10 PM
I have long been enamoured with old WWII aircraft and a year or two ago an airshow brought me one of my favorites, this is Sizzlin' Liz My amature camera skills dont do her justice but it was very impressive.

the taxi
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Dv8Mutt/100_0321.jpg

a close pass
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Dv8Mutt/100_0328.jpg

And a not so close pass , but alot of zoom
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v195/Dv8Mutt/100_0327.jpg

I like aircraft of all kinds, but to me, the mustang is just down right beautiful. Like watching the 'hot girl' walk by you for the first time, but every time.

Orgnizdlbr
02-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Man, that is some great computer graphics Swamp! I'm impressed!

Hey Labor! Nice pic. Do you go to Atlantic City much? :D

Not really grace...rather be fishin!

LostArt
02-26-2006, 06:35 PM
Not really grace...rather be fishin!

And........."A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work." Or so the boss says. :D

Have you been lately? The boss went to the Bass Classics in Orlando Friday. I guess he had seen all he wanted to see of it and came back at 2pm yesterday! He then watched the weigh-in later that night here! :D

Koga
02-26-2006, 07:09 PM
The one I used to take the pics I posted is a HP Photosmat 435. 3.1MP As you can see they arent the best clearest pics by a long shot. Could this be caused by the memory chip needing replacing ? Or do I just need a new camera and what would you recommend for good clear pics and easy operation ?

Koga

BigClive
02-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Digital cameras are one of those things that you buy a new one every few years as the technology improves in leaps and bounds. :)

My own current favourite camera is a Pentax Optio 33WR (3.2 megapixels). That's what most of the pictures I've posted here have been taken with, albeit sized down to about 640 x 480 for easier viewing. The best feature about this camera is that it's rugged and waterproof so it goes to work with me and is used to take reference pictures of jobs and stuff that may need looked at in the future. A picture really is a thousand words where technical equipment is concerned.

The way the cameras in phones are going I can see the phone being used to record data like this in the future. I've already been sent phone-shots to help others identify odd wiring arrangements or faults.

Certainly beats film.

BigClive
02-27-2006, 09:36 AM
One other thing. It doesn't matter how steady you hold the camera if the bucket is swingin' in the wind. :)

We take the airborne movement for granted when we're up there, but it's sometimes pretty significant. This is more important in gloomy weather when the camera is going to take a slightly longer exposure.

Koga
02-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I got to checking the book on it and I needed to change some of the settings. I played with it some this morning and got it adjusted out and it is now taking crisp clear pics. Some times it helps to read the instructions, but hell Im a lineman, I dont need no stinking instructions! :D

Koga :cool:

LINETRASH
02-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Check out the open wire! Look familiar?

BigClive
02-28-2006, 03:09 PM
Is that Hemingrays backyard line? Yeah his gran re-sagged it with a pair of rubber gloves and pliers to keep it out her washing. :)

n_ogden
03-28-2006, 12:24 AM
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c369/theogdenmancan/IMG_2137.jpg

Took that pic 2 weeks ago - dominion virginia power transmission lines.

n_ogden
04-23-2006, 07:43 PM
damn, that is cool =)

h0tgl0v3r
05-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Some pictures of glove training in the uk. The 'three in a row' pic is one of my favourites.

LostArt
05-20-2006, 09:42 AM
Oh I like that one Swamp! And hotglov.......that is an awesome shot from above buddy!!!

I still have this one as my desktop. It's also one of Swamp's.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/island.jpg

Bear_Boomer
06-13-2006, 08:45 AM
Yes, sportsfans, I'm still here, always.

Racer X
06-15-2006, 09:41 AM
This isn't a photo of course, I made this in Fireworks for T-shirts, mugs, stickers, magnets....etc

http://www.comedreporter.com/mkportal/modules/gallery/album/a_178.png

44kv
06-15-2006, 10:02 PM
yeah she is all right, those splinters burned like hell for a day or two after that. it was funny as hell drunk talking about she was going to pole dance and grow up to be a lineman!! she did tell me the next day she wanted to try it sober! and thanks he is a good dog , i didnt get to see his mom and dad just pics of them but i went and seen his grandpa and he was about 130-140 pounds!!

Koga
06-17-2006, 04:26 PM
Kogas Caddy

Koga
06-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Hope this works

Koga
06-17-2006, 05:06 PM
Is this better

Koga
06-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Maybe ? Im trying different sizes here.

Koga
06-17-2006, 05:33 PM
I think! :cool:

Koga
06-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Fingers crossed :D ok Swamp chime in here , should I go smaller,adjust compression quality, ????

LostArt
06-18-2006, 01:18 PM
Uploadin here is a bit of a bitch. To upload a picture, 800X600 with a file size of 27k limit, is a bit of a constraint. :-)

That is an understatement! I finally just got a photobucket account! It really is a PITA!

Ya want to talk bout "Graphics", PM me.

:eek: Now you are asking for it Koga! :D

Great ride you got there Koga! Really a huge ride! More'n I can handle! LOL!

Bear_Boomer
06-25-2006, 12:44 AM
:mad: I;m sorry photo fans, I have removed my pics from the threads. I have discovered that one among us is using my pics to better his image on another site or perhaps, more. This ain't right. And he is not even a linehand. Tsk Tsk young man. Those are free to all who use them. From now on, ya want them, you buy them. No more freebies ya little shit. :mad: BEAR BOOOMER

LostArt
06-25-2006, 12:47 PM
I think as long as anyone asks me about posting a picture of mine, it's okay. It's just asking for that permission.

I still have Swamp's photo for my desktop. I ask for permission for anything I do. Lots of folks want me to draw a picture of a snapshot or a photo. I can't do that without permission. It's not legal. And you can get into a lot of trouble, not to mention out of money.

I don't think it is necessary to post the name Boomer. Just PM the party about the use of your picture without your permission. Sometimes folks don't know they are doing something wrong. Even adults.

There was a photographer in my hometown that saw his photo(graduation picture) on t-shirts. The t-shirt was in "Memory of" of a student that died in a car accident before graduating the following year. He didn't make a stink about it, just for that very reason. But, I told him that I'm sure the grieving family just didn't think they were violating his rights. He says he was sure they didn't, but it still wasn't right. And he is right, it's not.

Bottomline: Make sure you get permission, even though it's for your own pleasure.

BigClive
06-26-2006, 06:01 PM
:mad: I;m sorry photo fans, I have removed my pics from the threads. I have discovered that one among us is using my pics to better his image on another site or perhaps, more. This ain't right. And he is not even a linehand. Tsk Tsk young man. Those are free to all who use them. From now on, ya want them, you buy them. No more freebies ya little shit. :mad: BEAR BOOOMER

The only Bear picture I can recall recently was a wee one of a pair of shades being worn. Was that the one? I'd like to have seen a bigger version.

Come to think of it. I still don't know what Bear Boomer looks like. He's always in silluouhette (Oh yeah, I definitely spelt that wrong).

I've had whole chunks of my website stolen and reused by kids who weren't cool enough to have a fun life themselves... :)

Oh yeah... Check out my latest "project"... :rolleyes:

http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/bigclive/bbq.htm

BigClive
06-26-2006, 11:22 PM
That's pretty Cool Clive!!! I Love it! Bein 4th of July is round the corner, I'll have to check it out further. Maby make myself some "Sparklers".:D

What I wouldn't give for the "old days" and a pack of about 25,
Big Fat M-80's !!!! :cool: :)

Yeah, they banned "bangers" here too. The same year I discovered that they burned under water and foolishly lit one and dropped it in my brothers kitchen sink. It was like a depth charge. there was water dripping off every horizontal surface in the kitchen including the ceiling and shelves.

Then we did it again in a bucket outside in his garden. :rolleyes:

BigClive
06-27-2006, 01:20 PM
At least you guys have such useful technical suppliers as:-
http://www.skylighter.com
Here in the UK such dangerous activity is not permitted. :)

BigClive
06-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I've just been looking at all the goodies you have available on that site.... B*stards! The highest explosive we're allowed to buy is laxative. :(

(Fortunately I do a lot of work in the entertainment industry and have access to more volatile goodies.)

dirtdobber
06-27-2006, 08:16 PM
and eveyone else that posts some really good pictures is it possible to back track the little sob thats stealin your pics or maybe RYAN could blackball him from this site?

Bear_Boomer
06-28-2006, 08:27 AM
I have recieved an apology from the person I wanted it from, if he would post said apology, or if the majority wishes, I will post it. I will not message him directly, a basic rule of mine, is no e-contact with MINORS!
Whoops, might have given a clue, hhhmmmmm................Barry
In good faith, here is my photobucket account intact. Enjoy People.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g112/slim_lineman/ :cool:

BigClive
06-28-2006, 10:50 AM
Ah, that's better. Full size pictures to look at.

So who's that old hippie in the pictures? :D

Bear_Boomer
06-28-2006, 08:29 PM
:cool: he's just an old hippy, he don't know what to do, should he stay with the old?, or go with the new? what's this old shit? hehehe
Bear

BigClive
06-29-2006, 11:58 AM
I was actually counting the grey hairs in my goatee today.... I like it. It makes me look like I should be acting mature or something. :rolleyes:

LINETRASH
07-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Here's something a lot of you probably dont see very often.

I knocked this mini dragon off the cutout onto the tx, then to the ground.

It aint the first one I have seen that took out the pot, nor the biggest, but this time I had my camera ready.

Note how he dwarfs my nine inch kleins.

I also threw in a coon that took out a UG lateral that same morning.

Thanks for shrinking the pix, swamper!

Koga
07-08-2006, 02:28 PM
:D Those are some great pics Bear. I love those sunrise and sunset pics. Its a perspective few get to experience. Only those brothers who are truely blessed know. :cool:
Koga

LostArt
07-08-2006, 06:38 PM
Gosh Trash..........do you call that "line kill"? Heh. That was a big darn lizzard!

LostArt
08-21-2006, 11:53 PM
ooooooowwwww................me likey Swamp!!! Can I use this one for my new desktop? I think after two years of your other one, I should get a new one! :D

LostArt
08-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Are you serious....
It's all yours My lady. If ya want a 1600 X 1200 copy of this...let me know.

Yes. I'm serious! :D Can I just right click on it and do it from here? Man, I'm outta the loop on things like this. Don't do it enough, I guess.

LostArt
08-27-2006, 09:52 AM
I got it!!! :D

The boss and I are looking for Jeep accessaries online yesterday and he says, "Hey, did we get a new computer? This looks different." I laugh and say, "Same computer, new desktop pic dear." He says, "Oh." I said, "Swamp let me have a new one he made." He just nodded. He is all into us fixing up this Jeep he calls, "My Toy". :D Yep, he tells everyone that he is fixing up the "Wife's Toy". Heh.

Thanks again for the new desktop pic Swamp! :D

LostArt
08-27-2006, 02:39 PM
OH JEEZE!!! :D The boss would like that too. I'll have to show the joker that one too! Lawdie.

CHICAGO HAND.
09-13-2006, 09:08 PM
A Few Of The Many Things I Build For Stress Relief.
Everything I Build Is For The Purpose Of Honing My Skills So One Day I Might Make Some Money Off Of This Hobby.
E Mail Me If You Want Something Built.i Am Getting Pretty Good At Saw Dust And Fire Wood Making.

CHICAGO HAND.
09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I Just Cant Seem To Get These Things To Upload Without Putting Them Through A Good Beating.
One Of These Days I'll Figure Out How To Resize Them Without Using A Baseball Bat.

CHICAGO HAND.
09-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Thanks Swamprat For The Help.

LostArt
09-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Those are great CH!!

What kind of wood do you use?

CHICAGO HAND.
09-15-2006, 05:16 PM
Red Oak On Those.but I Could Make Saw Dust Out Of Just About Any Kind Of Tree.

LostArt
09-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Saw Dust...........what do you mean CH? I took a look at those pics again and it looks like whole grain wood to me. Heh. Tell me what you mean by making any tree out of saw dust.

OH! And what is the black part of this made out of? I can't really tell.

http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/attachment.php?attachmentid=651

CHICAGO HAND.
09-16-2006, 03:23 PM
sorry if you dont get my humor but what i meant was that i can turn the most expensive piece of wood on the planet and cut it exactly an inch to short on a regular basis. or i can continue to screw up the cuts and have a pile of saw dust where there once was a beautiful piece of cherry wood.
its just a little joke.
the center is a piece of wood that i cover with just about anything, paper,cloth, thin copper, paint, etc.

LostArt
09-16-2006, 03:32 PM
sorry if you dont get my humor but what i meant was that i can turn the most expensive piece of wood on the planet and cut it exactly an inch to short on a regular basis. or i can continue to screw up the cuts and have a pile of saw dust where there once was a beautiful piece of cherry wood.
its just a little joke.
the center is a piece of wood that i cover with just about anything, paper,cloth, thin copper, paint, etc.

OKAY! :D I gotchya now. Sorry, that did fly right over my head CH! Usually, I am pretty quick on the humor, but I guess I was being too serious for a change! :D

Either way, it's some nice stuff buddy.

BigClive
09-21-2006, 11:38 AM
And on the subject of starfields. A bit of video game trivia for all the arcade generation (40ish).

The coin operated video game Galaxians was so popular and used such a useful circuit board that the PCB's were used as the basis for new games and conversions/copies of other games. The starfield in Galaxians was generated by dumb hardware to let the processor deal with all the game action, and tended to be disabled by cutting a PCB track that enabled it.

If you can find an old PacMan rip-off that uses Galaxians hardware then you can make a little modification that turns on the starfield again and Voila! Pac Man with a Glaxians starfield twinkling in the background. :)

So what's this got to do with linework? Ummmm... Well I guess that there might be linemen who collect old video games or something....

For those of you who did mis-spend their youth in arcades, you might like the site at http://www.mame.net where you can download a free piece of software that lets you run thousands of original coin operated arcade games from copies of their original ROM data.

catfish
09-22-2006, 01:17 PM
just wanted to let you know that yea i do get it swamp

BigClive
09-23-2006, 01:18 PM
I hope there's more people like you sir, That do "get it".
In THIS day and age, it ain't about "Politics", or which party can "get me more money". It's about America, and the survival of our American Lifestyle, and the belief in the Democracy and Freedom of People.

It's Americas call...which "Party" they think will do that best. Cut thru all the political bullshit and the retoric...It's real clear and obvious to me. But...I'm only 1 American.

We'll see....the direction of America...come November.

Nope it's all about cash. There's a special breed of human who will do anything for money even if it means causing death to others. The best way to achieve wealth in this manner is by getting into politics where the big money is.

As far as your upcoming election goes. It's rigged. You can get all hyped up and vote until you're blue in the face. It won't make any difference, you'll get whichever puppet they give you.

But let's not turn this nice thread into a political rant.....

44kv
09-23-2006, 11:05 PM
your objection has been noted. and for your veiwing pleasure any pic I have posted to this thread has been deleted. You have a nice day swamp.

mrnick
01-31-2007, 11:09 PM
That is one gnarly photo Swamp :cool:

Orgnizdlbr
02-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Swamp, my dad was in the Air Force also, actually the Army Air Force befote it became the AF. Just curious if your dad was in during WWII and if so, what outfit. My dad was a flight engineer on a B 24, shot down on 11th mission out of England, spent time as a POW. Interesting thing was with my dad's outfit the 453 BG 732 BS that Jimmy Stewart was in the outfit, was a Colonel at the time. Many people dont know that, even while he was working as an actor in Hollywood, Jimmy remained in the USAF reserve and retired a Brigadeer General. Imagine that happening today!!! Emilio Caprio or Tom hanks being in the Military......

loodvig
02-02-2007, 02:06 PM
My dad was also in the Army Air Force stationed in Fredrick, Okla. My birth place.

CenterPointEX
02-04-2007, 04:40 PM
As far as your upcoming election goes. It's rigged....But let's not turn this nice thread into a political rant.....
Spoken like a true scottsman...

LostArt
02-05-2007, 06:20 AM
That's pretty cool Swamp.

Yager
02-08-2007, 09:34 PM
some old school stuffhttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/Yager9/oldlineman.jpg

Hemingray Insulators
02-09-2007, 04:51 PM
MAN what i would give to have that pole. those insulators look like E.C.&M.s which right now most are worth well over $1000, some even worth $10,000, yes that is right, ten thousand dollars. i had the oportunity to hold one once, it was cobalt blue, with a price tag of $9,650 and i saw someone walk up and buy it from the dealer too. in fact the insulator that has brought the most was a boston bottle works in green fro $35,000.
Just a bit of insulator trivia lol. but MAN i want those insulators from those poles.

do you know what year that photo is from or where?

LostArt
02-09-2007, 05:25 PM
some old school stuffhttp://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/Yager9/oldlineman.jpg
That's really cool Yager! Tell me..........is THAT you???? Heh.

Seriously, where did you come by this?

Yager
02-09-2007, 06:09 PM
I wish I had more info on it,just came across it while searching some old photo archives..sorry I would love to know myself.

Yager
02-09-2007, 06:15 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/Yager9/oldlinemen2.jpg

Bigheadnc
02-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Here ya go.

Yager
02-10-2007, 06:18 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/Yager9/3.gif

Yager
02-10-2007, 06:20 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/Yager9/3.gif

Orgnizdlbr
02-10-2007, 07:40 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/Edge1289/IMG_0101.jpg
Some of my toys........

LostArt
02-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Double our pleasure there Yager. Heh. I like looking at those old pics. I'm gonna show the boss.

Speaking of guts, those are nice strings you got there Georgie! You never told me you played guitars! Wow....that is cool. And those are nice buddy! Tell me, do you hang'em on the wall? Nice show pieces too. Do you play them regularly?

Orgnizdlbr
02-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Double our pleasure there Yager. Heh. I like looking at those old pics. I'm gonna show the boss.

Speaking of guts, those are nice strings you got there Georgie! You never told me you played guitars! Wow....that is cool. And those are nice buddy! Tell me, do you hang'em on the wall? Nice show pieces too. Do you play them regularly?

I hang em on the wall Grace, but not for show.....

Dont play em as much as I would like........

Orgnizdlbr
02-11-2007, 07:43 AM
I use to "play",... Old Martin D28.
Never went electric though. Somehow, I just...got sidetracked in other stuff. Lost the "passion", but never the "ear

D28...an old one...if ya still have it, dont sell it, Its worth a few Swamp!

Orgnizdlbr
02-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I know.
I don't even want to tell ya the story of how I "lost" it. Besides me bein Stupid....It's painful.....

Here's what my buddy said bout your Axes.:cool:

I know the 3 electrics, Fender SRV strat, Gibson Les Paul, another Fender Strat, and the acoustics look like Taylors, though I don't know models.
Nice harem!!!

Ya got the electrics right Swamp!! The Black Strat is an Eric Clapton model, its signed on the back of the headstock by Dickey Betts of Allman Brother Fame, I'll never part with it.

Half right on the acoustics, the Taylor is a 614ce, I also have a Taylor 414 not in the pic. The other acoustic is a Washburn "Gregg Allman" model with the "Shroom" on the headstock, only 800 of those were made. The Washburn isnt a real expensive guitar compared to the others, but I couldnt help myself, I am a "Peachead", I know, it is an affliction, we "Peacheads" are almost as bad as the "Deadheads" were....BTW any of you "older" gents remember "Shrooms"? Um, maybe I shouldnt go there.....

Yager
02-19-2007, 07:22 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u145/Yager9/1.gif

LostArt
02-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Hey Yager, are you getting these somewhere on a IBEW site by chance?

Yager
02-20-2007, 04:51 PM
No La I found some on www.atsfry.com and other I'm not to sure.

LostArt
02-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Sante Fe, eh? Neat. I live by the Sante Fe river. Most of the rivers here are all indian native. Such as the Suwannee, Sante Fe and Itchetucknee rivers. Thanks for the link.

You know Yager, we really ought to just have a picture thread for just old school linemen.

Koga
02-20-2007, 07:33 PM
I knew there were a few pickers around here.But not much conversing about it.As soon as I get some pics of mine set to disk (for insurance purposes) I'll put em up. I just sold one last year ( 1945 Gibson L7) to help pay for a wedding. What kind of amps are ya running em through ? Stomp boxes ? Ever been to Gruhns Guitar in Nashville ? Absolutly as close to heaven as a picker can get. The highlight of a 2 week vacation a couple of years ago. A little smooth talking and I got to go upstairs. I played 3 guitars, total asking price of all 3 was just shy of $ 100,000,00. I tried to get a job polishing and tuning but Mr. Gruhn said begging on my knees wasn't gonna do it.:D Oh well maybe some day. I guess there are 4 things I'm addicted to, Scoots,guitars,linework. And the 4th..... well as Mississippii John Hurt says "aint nobodys buisness how my baby treats me, aint nobodys dirty rotten buisness but mine"

Koga

Koga
02-22-2007, 04:24 PM
by the overwhelming response we aint gonna converse about em now either !

Koga

Orgnizdlbr
02-22-2007, 09:51 PM
by the overwhelming response we aint gonna converse about em now either !

Koga

LOL, been outa town for a few days Koga, Love to respond... Marshall JTM 60 Watt head with 4x10 cabinet with celestions. Not much on stomp boxes...just a Tube Screamer and a Cry Baby.

Never had the chance to get to Gruhns, love to though. 45 L7 wow, I'm green with envy.

BTW did you see the December issue of 20th century guitar? Guy had a 58 explorer with a Gibson factory installed Bixsby, he bought it new in 62 as it apparently laid in gibson's wharehouse for a while. He digs it out of his closet and brings it to work to show a buddy who plays, he says he wants to sell. The guy he works with is honest and explains he should have it appraised by Gruhn. Gruhn appraises at $80,000 and it goes to auction, at auction it fetches $611,000. His original purchase price was $250, not bad for puttin it in the closet and forgeting about it.

Moral of the story, if any of you guys or gals have any old guitars in the attic or closet, dont throw em in the trash!!!

PA BEN
02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Could someone tell me how to post a picture

Hemingray Insulators
02-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Hey PA BEN to post a picture, you mush have a file six less that 39kb i do beleive, and you go to "manage attachments" at the bottom of a post. OR you can upload the photo to photobucket.com if you have an account, its free, or if you want you can send the pic to me at hemingrayinsulators@yahoo.com and i will post it for you.

LostArt
02-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Could someone tell me how to post a picture

I would be glad to Ben!!!

The only thing about posting and attaching here is you have to make sure the picture is not larger than the amount that it requires here. Since I am not good at "resizing", I went and registered at www.photobucket.com (http://www.photobucket.com)

There you can put your photos from your computer there. Upload them and then chose the option at the bottom that is "generate HTML or IMG code". When you open that, make sure you highlight the one that says "use on message boards".

Or you can send a PM to Swamp and he will be glad to help ya. Yeah, I know what they "say" about him, but REALLY....he ain't that bad! :D

Or you can PM me, get my email addy, and I'll host it on my photobucket. Unless you are scared of me.....of course. **chuckles**

EDIT: I see Hemi has posted his help. It might be less than the two evils. Heh.

PA BEN
02-23-2007, 08:48 PM
:) Sounds like swamp likes to find where peoples goats are tied!

LostArt
02-23-2007, 08:54 PM
:) Sounds like swamp likes to find where peoples goats are tied!

LMAO!!! Oh man. EGADS!!

I'm still grinning on that one.........uh, just don't listen to what you READ about me! I'd call you a yankee, if it wouldn't offend a few here! :D

Hemingray Insulators
02-23-2007, 08:55 PM
ya, like LA said swamp aint bad at all once ya get to know him. used to be me an him used to argue quite a bit, and now that i know him i talk to him often, and if it works out, if me and my family can attend the nat. insulator show in orlando this summer, swap wants to comes to the show with us lol, ya know he himself used to collect insulaotrs. he's a good guy........now Lost Art on the otherhand, i don't know about her:D afterall, rumor is she got kicked off the other site..............she must be BAD NEWS:D just teasein LA.

LostArt
02-23-2007, 09:00 PM
........now Lost Art on the otherhand, i don't know about her:D afterall, rumor is she got kicked off the other site..............she must be BAD NEWS:D just teasein LA.

:eek: You told on me you rascal!!!! I'm tryin' to be impressive here Brian!! Heh.

And that "other site" is NOTHING compared to HERE! Heck, even CP would be banned there! LOL!

Hemingray Insulators
02-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Swamp would definately be banned, infact lol, oh ya i forgot, hes already been banned, just pickin on ya swamp. LOL i almost got canned on there once too, but i have made some great friends over there too i must admit.

LostArt
02-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Swamp would definately be banned, infact lol, oh ya i forgot, hes already been banned, just pickin on ya swamp. LOL i almost got canned on there once too, but i have made some great friends over there too i must admit.

Oh my. I was'nt even thinking of THAT site Brian! LOL! Okay...so I've been banned twice....*cough*

I'm glad you met some fine folks over there Brian. I left a few over there myself and some still give me a PM here...from time to time. But, I'm glad you like it. As for me, I'll stay right here. I've had a few words with several here, but at least most of them here shoot it straight................and that includes the owner of this site. In 4 yrs, that says alot.

Hemingray Insulators
02-23-2007, 09:34 PM
what "other" site are you talking about? well i've made good friends at BOTH sites, and the owners of that other site are good to me too. heck they sent me a box of 40 calendars to pass out to the linemen, on their dollard lol.

LostArt
02-23-2007, 09:42 PM
what "other" site are you talking about?

I PM'd you. :D

Hemingray Insulators
02-26-2007, 04:33 PM
I emailed you back............. COOL PIC BTW

Koga
02-27-2007, 07:59 AM
get a kick out of. Folks aint got a clue about what they have in the closet or under the bed and when they find out its like winning the lottery. Right now I play mainly just two of mine My tele standard through an old Fender super 6 reverb and my Gibson J 100 extra when we play out some where. I use a comp/ sustainer with an a/b box and a leslie cabinet. I run through a tube works preamp and into the leslie via the A/B switch. God I love those old leslies.We have played a few places but mosly for fun. More later!

Koga

h0tgl0v3r
02-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Anyone shed any light on this? I believe it may have been part of a cover-up promotional?!

h0tgl0v3r
02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
..and this one?

Dave@PSE&G
02-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Heh, heh, heh...:D

A site...
THE site you're talkin bout...ain't a LINEMANS site. It's a bunch of figgin pussys, that don't want to Hear anthing that THEY don't want to hear...on their, "Politically correct" board.

"Live in a cave", and Banish anyone who you don't agree with. That's definately a LINEMANS board I want to join into. That's why batshit's so popular there.:D

Thank God for Powerlineman.com

A REAL Linemans BBS. Where a man can say "Shit" if he's got a mouthful. And nobody will kick him off the board.

Thank you Byron.

For a REAL, Linemans Board sir.
If Swamp got banned, then they'd think Batts was the anti-christ.

h0tgl0v3r
02-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Here's an interesting illustration of the difference between a guy who knows what he's doing....and a guy who talks the talk...............you know the rest!!!!

The guy driving the (14ton) Unimog in the top picture is a buddy of mine Steve. The guy whose driving ability resulted in the lower picture shall remain nameless.........for now!!!

Dave@PSE&G
02-27-2007, 07:00 PM
You know how you can tell that the pictures above are from somewhere in Europe? Because the only utility people driving a Mecedes in the US are in upper management. And their booms are shorter.

PA BEN
02-27-2007, 08:06 PM
This is a County Fair Demo
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/HPIM0262.jpg

Hemingray Insulators
02-27-2007, 08:18 PM
glad to see that worked for ya PA BEN, and COOL PIC :cool:

Orgnizdlbr
02-27-2007, 08:19 PM
get a kick out of. Folks aint got a clue about what they have in the closet or under the bed and when they find out its like winning the lottery. Right now I play mainly just two of mine My tele standard through an old Fender super 6 reverb and my Gibson J 100 extra when we play out some where. I use a comp/ sustainer with an a/b box and a leslie cabinet. I run through a tube works preamp and into the leslie via the A/B switch. God I love those old leslies.We have played a few places but mosly for fun. More later!

Koga

I hear ya on the Leslies Koga....for me, while it aint a guitar, there aint nothin like a B3 Hammond through a leslie....

So the inevitable picker question, what is your type of guitar music and who do you prefer listening to? I mean you're on a desert island and ya only got one choice...its a tough question and I usually vasillate between 2 or 3 players,....so who would yours be....I'll give ya a clue on mine, 2 of em are dead, both too young....

PA BEN
02-28-2007, 08:01 AM
That isn't me in the Demo picture. Also you can't wear rubber gloves and hot stick at the same time in Washington State. This is a cool demo we put on, we show the crowd the quiet power lines around the fair grounds tell them these are the same lines in there back yards. Then we light up a hot dog. It's a big eye opener for the public to see. After the demo they come up and say thanks, they had no idea about "Quiet Death". We talked about how the IBEW got started, we talk about safety and how our safety rules were written in blood.

h0tgl0v3r
02-28-2007, 04:37 PM
You know how you can tell that the pictures above are from somewhere in Europe? Because the only utility people driving a Mecedes in the US are in upper management. And their booms are shorter.

..or if you look in the top right hand corner of the post you'll it says my location; Somerset UK!!! :D

And trust me; those mercedes aint nuthin like the mercs your supervisors are drivin!!!! Ever driven a boat down the highway?!!

(Tell 'im Clive!!!)

Dave@PSE&G
03-01-2007, 08:29 AM
..or if you look in the top right hand corner of the post you'll it says my location; Somerset UK!!! :D
I know, but the wise crack wouldn't work any other way.;)

Koga
03-01-2007, 04:53 PM
#1 EC
#2 SRV
#3 Steve Cropper
#4 Pete Anderson
I know ya said 3 but I cant make up my mind :confused:
I guess thats about as diverse as it gets though. At any time I might be listening to SRV or Grahm Parsons or Dwight Yoakam to Sam and Dave ,Wilson Pickett, Janis Joplin. Just aint no tellen what you'll hear around here. But Ive always been partail to the tele sound.

Koga

OLE' SORE KNEES
03-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Go ahead and wave on it over to the other down guy and see what happens.............: 0

Orgnizdlbr
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
#1 EC
#2 SRV
#3 Steve Cropper
#4 Pete Anderson
I know ya said 3 but I cant make up my mind :confused:
I guess thats about as diverse as it gets though. At any time I might be listening to SRV or Grahm Parsons or Dwight Yoakam to Sam and Dave ,Wilson Pickett, Janis Joplin. Just aint no tellen what you'll hear around here. But Ive always been partail to the tele sound.

Koga

Some heavy wieghts there Koga

For me in no particular order...I cant just stick to 3 either...
#1 Duane Allamn
#2 SRV
#3 Warren haynes
#4 Dickey Betts

Me I love the sound of a screamin Les Paul.....

PA BEN
03-02-2007, 01:43 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/1.jpghttp://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/PICT1029.jpghttp://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/IMG_0178.jpg

PA BEN
03-02-2007, 01:49 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/PICT0786.jpg

LostArt
05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Well...............that's a nice egg nest Swamp!!! :D

I like the pics buddy. Really nice!!!

Squizzy
05-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Nice pics Swamp yeah dogs eat some strange stuff my wife has 2 dogs and every now and then they chew on what i like to refer as a "kitty truffle" and it don't do much for their breath either......

Doggboi
05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
I am sure you guys have seen this all before.. but I thought I would share a couple pics from my first week on the job.. these arent me.. but I thought they were good enough to post..

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/doggboi/Pics/100_1733.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/doggboi/Pics/100_1731.jpg

PA BEN
07-11-2007, 08:42 AM
This is my job site.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/100_1250.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/100_1251.jpg

PA BEN
07-11-2007, 07:00 PM
By the look of that Pole Ben,
You're workin REAL Hard!!! :D
It's the town in the back ground.:D

LostArt
07-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Swamp just made me the coolest avatar! And I wanted to share it with you guys so you will know how it came to be! :D

Pretty cool, eh?

LostArt
07-17-2007, 06:37 AM
I like it! I'm sure Steve will. :D

PA BEN
07-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Hope he said OOPS!!!:eek:

LostArt
07-28-2007, 11:19 AM
ROTFLMAO!!!

That is so baaaaad Swamp!!!! Jeeze. :D

LostArt
08-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Holy moly!!! Yikes!

I received the funny signs yesterday from Squizzy. He had some really good ones but, I'll just post this one. :D

Doggboi
08-10-2007, 07:09 PM
A few pictures of me and my crew working in Nebraska

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/doggboi/Pics/100_1812.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/doggboi/Pics/100_1764.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a244/doggboi/Pics/100_1762.jpg

Hemingray Insulators
08-21-2007, 08:35 PM
COOL PIC SWAMP :cool: the only thing missin' is me on that 85' transmission stick :-)

LostArt
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Took this shot this weekend, while me and my lady were on a walkabout up in Panama city.
I needed to get away from the stress here.....:D

STRESS???? http://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif

That is a nice pic Swamp. I've not been to Panama City in over 30 yrs. I'm sure it would be a cultural shock for me today!!! :eek:

What I remember loving was the squeeky white sand running through my toes.

loodvig
08-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Hey LA! Try running this white stuff through your toes!

Koga
08-24-2007, 09:45 PM
http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/Lineman1st/?action=view&current=100_0088.jpg

and

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/Lineman1st/100_0089.jpg

and if these dont work then, HELP !!!!

Maybe one day I figure all these things out.

Hemingray Insulators
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/insulatorhunt7-14-07part2014.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/insulatorhunt7-14-07089.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c252/Tshooter/insulatorhunt7-14-07068.jpg

LostArt
08-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Lookin' good Brian!

Like your kids Koga. Good to see you haven't doctored them up with kitty decals. :p

Hey LA! Try running this white stuff through your toes!

LOL! Looks squeeky but I bet it's cold Loo! Becides, that would be up to my knees!!!

Orgnizdlbr
08-25-2007, 12:43 PM
.................................................. .................................................. ....

Nice harem Koga, Love the Gibson acoustics......the Koga Tele is neat too.....

Koga
08-25-2007, 02:57 PM
for puttin them on here, between tryin to figure the new camera and how to down load everything .... well it aint my strong suit. So I appreciate the help.
I just got the old LG3 back from the shop Thurs and the 2 teles were across town at a friends place where we practice. Took a while to get it all together. Any way thanks and yall be careful and stay cool. Loo I could use some of that right now, anything is better than this heat and humidity. I always did like the snow.

loodvig
08-30-2007, 04:52 PM
This is my newest toy. It's a 37 Ford street rod.

LostArt
08-30-2007, 05:37 PM
This is my newest toy. It's a 37 Ford street rod.

I want it. :(

Like I said, I love it Loo! :D

loodvig
08-31-2007, 08:40 PM
That is just too SWEET man!!!

Where the heck did you find That puppy!! How bout a couple interior shots??:cool:
It has been in storage since 98. I've known about it for years now and always bugged the guy to sell it to me. Now he needs the $$ and I jumped on it! But now the bride thinks I have 1 too many toys!

LostArt
08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
That truck would make a GREAT avatar Loo. :D

PA BEN
08-31-2007, 10:20 PM
Pink[humpy] salmon
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/100_1399.jpg

loodvig
09-01-2007, 08:41 AM
Take the "Bride for a Ride"! :D

That is just a Classic man. The interior looks mostly original. I mean, dashboard and stuff. That is really cool Lood.

Ok my man....now, open the hood, and show me what's inside! Origianal? Or a 427, with a Blower!:cool: Just kiddin. I'd bet it's a straight 6.

I envy ya! I'd be drivin that baby every day I possibly could! Thanks for sharin. Enjoy the hell out of it Sir!!:cool:

A 6? I am highly offended! J/K No my friend it's a 355 cubic inch chevy w/3 carbs. My 427 is in my other toy a 78 chevy malibu that is now for sale!

loodvig
09-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I went to a car show in Portsmouth, N.H. and took first place in the 1949 and older class. I couldn't believe it!

BigClive
09-04-2007, 02:03 PM
I went to a car show in Portsmouth, N.H. and took first place in the 1949 and older class. I couldn't believe it!

Excellent. And did the car win any prizes too? ;)

BigClive
09-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Is that Hemi's new line? :D

Orgnizdlbr
09-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Thats a big bug Swamp!!

loodvig
10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I saw some of them at a country fair just last week. Pretty kool! It's a small block Chevy.

BigClive
10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Well it's time to test and rig up Glasgow's Christmas lights again.

Can you guess what this particular illuminated decoration is?

http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/xmas.jpg

BigClive
10-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes. That's correct it's a CANDLE. ;)

LostArt
10-16-2007, 08:02 PM
I love the grills! I like the last one Swamp. :D

Good grief Clive! LMAO! What a candle. :eek:

LostArt
10-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Posting these two knockers for Squizzy! :D

Sorry it's late in posting. I haven't read my email since last Friday night.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/IMG_05821.jpg

Orgnizdlbr
10-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Yes. That's correct it's a CANDLE. ;)

Yeah, sure, ya got candles shaped like phallus' in Glasgow....sure BC, I'm startin to wonder...with the kilts and allhttp://www.avowners.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif

BigClive
10-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I think the guys that originally made the candle effect were having a private joke. It didn't show up with the old festoon lighting on it but with the new slim LED based tube light it shows up quite clearly.

I hung it in on a pole today and it STILL looks as dodgy. :)

Pootnaigle
10-18-2007, 06:27 PM
geeze Squizzy I would be interested in catching some bait like that fer my trotline. Everthangs bigger in TEXAS er aintcha hurd?

Hemingray Insulators
10-20-2007, 12:10 PM
haha, lookin good swamp :D thanks man

LostArt
10-20-2007, 03:10 PM
Looks good Swamp. :D

Squizzy
10-21-2007, 09:47 AM
geeze Squizzy I would be interested in catching some bait like that fer my trotline. Everthangs bigger in TEXAS er aintcha hurd?

Well if you want to use West Australian Dhufish for bait you got more money than sense I saw Dhufish fillets at the markets today for a massive AU$69.95 a Kilo. And ifn ya fish are dat big u need a foto as I onlee hurd dat 2 tings come from Texas, steerz n queerz and cows don't fish kinda narrows the field don't it????:D

Squizzy
10-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Would work for me................................................ ...........................

Now Swamp thats about the funniest picture I have ever seen ha ha:D thats great I hope his other half is already departed as she is going to howl when she sees the headstone if she's still about lol...

PERRY KEATON
11-22-2007, 11:45 AM
State Record Cat Fish
Would`t You Like To Find This On Your Line

LostArt
11-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Actually, that would be really scary to catch on a line Perry. :D

Perry is another lurker that is coming out of the wood works. :cool:

CHICAGO HAND.
12-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Thank you to my favorite customer and you know who you are,
i am working on 15 of the blue ones for a client and needed a break from the monotony so i made this harley one.
Thanks for looking and as one of my favorite person on here already knows I do sell them.

LostArt
12-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Hey Barehander!!! Cool pics! What a trip! How exciting! Wow. Oh, and I LOVED my Christmas card. You amaze me each year with your subject. I save all of them. Wonderful work with those colored pencils!

Swamp, you look like the Marlboro man. :D

Hey CH----you do great work buddy. I love that blue! I ended up keeping 2 of the pens with card holders. I'm being a little selfish with them. Such wonderful craftsmanship buddy. I'll back your work anyday!!! :D

powerhotdog
12-31-2007, 05:07 PM
We stopped by the parthenon in Nashville on our trip. It is an actual scale model of the one in Athens Greece. the third pic is of me and my three year old son http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/princessaccfbb3/newpuppy140.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/princessaccfbb3/newpuppy129.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j134/princessaccfbb3/newpuppy122.jpg

Alan Mac
01-01-2008, 02:41 AM
when you build it smaller. You guys got yours finished before the Greeks.:D

Mac

bashlin
01-05-2008, 01:54 PM
i just got a new camara..it's a canon G9..seems to be very nice, as soon as i can figure it out..i should have some new pics for you guys..

Orgnizdlbr
01-05-2008, 02:07 PM
My newest toy....07 R8 VOS...it screams...

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/Edge1289/IMG_0175.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/Edge1289/IMG_0176.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/Edge1289/IMG_0177.jpg

bashlin
01-05-2008, 03:33 PM
love your les paul..is it the chambered model..??

also, here's a pic of my 06 R-8..love it..!!

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/873/003sn9.jpg

Orgnizdlbr
01-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Right back at ya Bashlin, your LP is sweet.

Do you mean the relieved back?

bashlin
01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
if it's chambered like the cloud9 les pauls it will have a "ch" in the serial #..guess you could call it weight releived..but it's not like the swiss cheese models..but chambered..

Orgnizdlbr
01-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Ok, no ch in the ser.#....I dont believe the 07 58's VOS's are chambered, I could be wrong...is it an available option?

bashlin
01-05-2008, 04:14 PM
yes, they chambered a limited # of VOS RI's in 07..but they all have a "ch" in their serial number..

Orgnizdlbr
01-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Here's a link to the 58 VOS spec page

http://www.gibsoncustom.com/flash/products/lespauls/58/1958Standard.html

bashlin
01-05-2008, 04:22 PM
here's one of the chambered 07 58's
http://cgi.ebay.com/58-Gibson-Les-Paul-Custom-Shop-VOS-Chambered-Could-9_W0QQitemZ130185880210QQihZ003QQcategoryZ38086QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Orgnizdlbr
01-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks Bashlin, learn sumtin new every day....

So you obviously have great taste in guitars, that begs the question, who are your influences? Who is it you listen to when ya want to hear that great player?

bashlin
01-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Warren Haynes, Slash, Jimmy Page, Hendrix..and to many to name..i've been playing and studing music for around 17 years..i love the guitar and every thing about music..especially the Les Paul..

Orgnizdlbr
01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Warren is one of my favorite players.....like I said, you have good taste.

In the pictures I posted, you can partially see a Clapton Strat hanging on the wall, the back of the headstock is signed by one of my alltime favs who spent alot of time on stage with Warren, I was lucky enough to have Dickey Betts sign it at a show here in Jersey.

Also am a big Duane fan. Like you too many to list but I have to mention the 3 kings, BB, Freddie, and Albert.....I would be remiss if I left out SRV......

I first picked up the guitar around 67 or 68......I put it down for years untin my son got interested. I picked it up again around 10 years ago or so when my son started with lessons, my son is a real good player, he puts me to shame.

Do you play any slide, if so, standard or alternate tuning?

bashlin
01-06-2008, 10:13 PM
some pics from today with my new Canon G-9

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/4558/013gp2.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/1728/009gi5.jpg

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3678/yyydesktopresolutiongn8.jpg

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3573/img0094pu3.jpg

Doggboi
01-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Like the swamp shot

BigClive
01-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Found this on the 'net and just don't really know what it is supposed to represent. Is it a fallen worker?

PA BEN
01-18-2008, 10:29 PM
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/0813070955.jpg
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s276/PABEN07/0813070908.jpg

Dave@PSE&G
02-04-2008, 05:16 PM
When the guy diffusing the bomb can breathe again, that smartass is a dead sonofabitch!!

johnbellamy
02-04-2008, 10:16 PM
When the guy diffusing the bomb can breathe again, that smartass is a dead sonofa*****!!

BigClive
03-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Maybe that was the "Flavor" bit of your flavormaster. :D