PDA

View Full Version : jobs in australia

poss11
04-03-2006, 07:59 PM
just posting this on here to see if anyone is interested in work in australia with a good private company im a linesman with them. they pay well and are very safety orientated with a good bunch of people to work with

NO ONE'S SLAVE
04-03-2006, 08:16 PM
How many do you work with? What's the pay? What is the cost of living over there? Long term, or short? Might be interested..... :rolleyes:

bobb
04-04-2006, 03:37 AM
What areas of western oz we talking about (depots etc). Take it its a contracting firm from your profile? Whats the pay, working hours, holiday, type of work expected, benefits etc. In SA at the minute might be intrested

Squizzy
04-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi poss11 post up the details as i think some other locals and overseas guys are interested....

Line Cowboy
04-06-2006, 01:52 PM
What about apprentices? I would be interested too. Give more info

BigClive
04-06-2006, 02:03 PM
The way you guys are recruiting UK linemen, we aren't going to have any left over here.

Squizzy
04-07-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi Clive,
its the paper lead cable joiners that they keep bringing over in our yard, at least 5 in the last 12 months. We had 1 UK Linesman but he copped a couple of shocks and management did the only thing they could, they promoted him!

Baldylinesman
04-07-2006, 07:34 PM
Hi Clive,
We had 1 UK Linesman but he copped a couple of shocks and management did the only thing they could, they promoted him!

:D Glad we are not the onlyCountry that does that then. If ther useless....promote them :rolleyes:

I have seen recently in the English Newspaper THE SUN that they are recruiting for more linesman In Australia, Would be interested in what they are offering?

BL

boyakasha
04-08-2006, 05:57 AM
Yeah and i saved him

BigClive
04-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah and i saved him

Right c'mon. Spill the beans. Tell us more.

boyakasha
04-09-2006, 02:47 AM
Maybe over a cold beer one day. To the guy who seen the advertisment in the sun news paper that is with the company theiss. Dont go near em.

poss11
04-09-2006, 06:18 PM
hi sqizzy why you ready to leave its 65k plus o/t 4 weeks holidays 10 days sick plus you super paid all the same benerfets as w/power should be able too make 100k a year with out bustn a gut and no on call just 5 days a week and sunday when you want :)

NS Lineman
04-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Are guys having problems with Thiess services in Australia?

boyakasha
04-10-2006, 07:38 AM
They dont have a sniff (clue).

Squizzy
04-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Thiess! do not get me started! I do not know how they are getting away with some of their bills,(they got done for safety) we go a few hours over and we get grilled as to justify it they go over by days we refuse to pay then head office calls up and tells the guys to pay it!?!? What gives with that? They are just off several weeks suspension after a whole series of mishaps but they are still not allowed to do glove and barrier work. I am sure that guy who removed his glove to do up a bolt and flashed over 22kV has had his arm amputated....

Squizzy
04-12-2006, 09:50 AM
hi sqizzy why you ready to leave its 65k plus o/t 4 weeks holidays 10 days sick plus you super paid all the same benerfets as w/power should be able too make 100k a year with out bustn a gut and no on call just 5 days a week and sunday when you want :)

Hi Poss11,
mmmm let me think about that, on call is giving me the $hit$ lately getting called out after 2am sucks cos you gotta work the whole next day and knock off is the start of your 10 hour break. (You guys in the US got it bad with just an 8 hour break thanks to Bush) In your speall on the pay Poss how many days public holidays are there? Must be close to 10 (you get paid for them as well)

poss11
04-17-2006, 08:38 PM
ye cob all the same as w/p only loose rdo which is no big deal :)

hightime
05-05-2006, 09:34 PM
thinking of packing up in western Canada and heading to Aussie, not sure which company to apply with , any ideas ??? How much work is there with contractors, and do they pay more!!!!!! i would appreicate any info .. I seen an add that said name your price..

NS Lineman
05-06-2006, 07:36 PM
Stay away from Thiess Services . They don't live up to what they promise.

linemanbillca1
05-06-2006, 08:26 PM
I have been emailing all the places that were posted with no reply are these jobs real or am i having bad luck.If some wants to contact me for work in australia or any place else.I am willing to go to work as soon as possible my email is linemanbillca@yahoo.com will send resumee and anything else requested

jakupvm
11-06-2009, 10:05 PM
just posting this on here to see if anyone is interested in work in australia with a good private company im a linesman with them. they pay well and are very safety orientated with a good bunch of people to work with

Please may I know the procedures for a live line LT work ( UETTDROP02A) Australian standards.

jakupvm
11-06-2009, 10:16 PM
Dear sir,

Please may I know the procedures involved in doing a live low tension(LT) line work. (AUSTRALIAN STANDARDS) ( UETTDROP2A, UETTDRA1S03A and UETTDR1S16A) I wish to understand the safe working methods, ie; describes how work is to be carried out. For eg: All OHS procedures, supply of directon, providing insulating mats etc. Hope you will guide me in this matter.
Thanking you

Yours faithfully

JAKU

BillyMac
11-07-2009, 04:52 AM
Live Low Tension?? you talking voltage or stringing conductors?

Don't see many positions advertised within the Company I work for but they seem to be always short staffed in the remote depots. It would be a gamble to come out on your own back, but surely worth it once you got a foot in the door.

Edge
11-07-2009, 09:54 AM
either one would be 600 or 650 volts and below I would think.... or secondaries as we call them here stateside... not sure what this cats trying to ask to be honest with ya.... at first glance I thought he was a safetyman or some such thinking now he might be an ape or someone trying to get in down under and ain't familair with what LT is.... wish he would clarify so some one could actually help him out or maybe even bring some knowledge to the board...

for what it's worth...

Edge

Koga
11-07-2009, 01:43 PM
he didn't like my answer on the other post, he asked the same stuff. Get in an apprenticeship and learn the right way. How you goin to explain safe practice to some one that wouldnt know what your talkin about ?

Koga

BigClive
11-07-2009, 08:58 PM
He sent me a PM asking the same stuff too. I'm guessing he's looking to emigrate to Oz and thinks he can bluff his way in as a lineman if he gets the right lingo.

I'm guessing they'd want recognised qualifications at the very least. Australia is firm about blocking unskilled immigrants and quite rightly so too. the downside of that is that they also block skilled immigrants who don't really want to jump through their huge red-tape hoops.

BillyMac
11-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Once over here and you get a shot, you'd have to carry out a Capstone test to prove you know what;s what. Completing that it would be probably be 3 months in classroom training (brainwashing;)) you in companies procedures, before you get in the air.

Squizzy
11-10-2009, 03:41 AM
As an average in Western Australia I would be looking at $33-36 per hour for a base level Lineman a bit more for Glove and Barrier. Thats on a 9 day fornight ie every second Monday is a paid day off:D

BillyMac
11-10-2009, 06:15 AM
About Par with us here in QLD Squiz. Late 36ish for a Live Worker, same 9 day fortnight but with the added bonus of W.I.R (working in rain, basically double time till you get back in dry clothes) which comes good in the tropics come wet season.

Squizzy
11-11-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah I know I tried to get that in in our new EBA but Tenix wouldn't be in it:(
Western Power here pays $30 for each day that you do Glove and Barrier plus a higher rate for glovers roughly $38. When I was working for a small contractor before Tenix bought them out and up to the implimentation of the new EBA we got $100 for each day we did ANY liveline work should seen the guys line up for that lol...

bravehearted03
11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Whos the contact for this Aussie gig?

If not does anyone know what else is going on Internationally or in the states.

Thanks

BillyMac
11-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Keep checking this link https://ergon.nga.net.au/fnt_jobs_list_filter.cfm?
or otherwise just send you're resume in and see what happens, can't promise anything but hey it's worth a try.

neil macgregor
11-27-2009, 04:05 PM
i,ve herd aboot this work you live in a camp in the middle of nowhere in the western desert working three weeks on 5 days off think its for balfour

neil macgregor
11-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Whos the contact for this Aussie gig?

If not does anyone know what else is going on Internationally or in the states.

Thanks

big job kicking off in new zealand its a 400 dc line 187 km balfour are doing it the project manager flew to ireland to visit uor company to hire us pm me and i,ll give you details if you want

Squizzy
11-29-2009, 06:54 AM
i,ve herd aboot this work you live in a camp in the middle of nowhere in the western desert working three weeks on 5 days off think its for balfour

Some of the few jobs around are like that. The work situation over here is just starting to pick up again, those jobs are predominately mining jobs I am going out to do a couple of lines in the next couple of months which just happens to be in the middle of summer. the rosters are variable on mine sites as is the pay.

BigClive
11-29-2009, 09:01 AM

Three weeks on and five days off? Does that include travelling days? To be quite honest that's not great, but then it is Balfour "Jack-o-all-trades" so that sort of pushing is to be expected.

Then again, it beats one company that I still do work for which operated jobs on a three weeks on two days off principle. Barely enough time to go home and check the mail, do the laundry and pack your bags to go and work the long seven day weeks again. Modestly good money, but NOTHING compares to free time.

bravehearted03
12-06-2009, 05:29 PM
big job kicking off in new zealand its a 400 dc line 187 km balfour are doing it the project manager flew to ireland to visit uor company to hire us pm me and i,ll give you details if you want

will do thanks brother!

check ur mail

Berg07
02-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I am very interested in working in austrailia. I do have a few questions about the contractor and hours. Whatever it takes Im in.

cololinehand
02-04-2011, 11:35 PM
Check the dates on those posts:
12-06-09.

They are pretty old and I haven't seen any of those guys(cept Clive) post on here in a while

C

Squizzy
02-05-2011, 09:26 AM
There's still a few of us around, most of the members here including myself are all extremely busy with the fires,floods and Cyclone Yasi at the moment so you may not hear from some of the Eastern States guys for a while. Plus we have enough storm damage in the West at the moment. I am unsure of who is employing international Lineman at the moment...

Squizzy
02-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Yesterday we had a couple of bush fires and have had approx. 60 houses destroyed and a heap damaged with over a 100 odd poles down so its going to busy for the next week or so. Just waiting for the go ahead to get into the fire zone as its still too dodgey with falling poles and spot fires...

neil macgregor
02-12-2011, 10:11 AM
also jobs in ireland PM me if any of you guys are intreasted

qwerty
04-08-2011, 01:00 AM
If anyone is looking for G&B Live Line gigs, there are some going up in North QLD, Construction, Maintenance, Pole Top Inspection. PM for more info.

Jtaylor1101
04-09-2011, 12:51 PM
i am a lineman from california and am very interested in working anywhere abroad please let me know the details or who to contact

nakedlineman
03-04-2012, 08:14 PM

Ive got a whole crew here that would be interested. Send us some contact info.

RadonHuffer
03-04-2012, 08:45 PM
How long? 6 months, a year?

Steve44
02-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Is this post still live? i am extremely interested on any companys still on lookout for uk llinesman

Aussie
03-04-2013, 05:31 AM
Do you know or have a preference of where in Australia you would like to work?

bren guzzi
03-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Is this post still live? i am extremely interested on any companys still on lookout for uk llinesman

Check your inbox. I've messaged you an email from a guy hiring in OZ.

TonyG
03-26-2013, 01:28 PM
Hi,I am a linesman/cable jointer in the UK really want a job in Australia don't seem to be able to get past recruitment agencies .Can anyone help need to get job offer for visa.

TonyG
03-28-2013, 04:30 PM

Wanting a linesman/jointer job don't seem to be able to get past the agencies .Can anyone help with some contacts.