PDA

View Full Version : check out what my dad pulled out of my pond

bashlin
04-28-2006, 11:57 PM
my dad and i where fishing at my pond this evening..i caught about 3 bass between 3-5 pounds..and my bubble gum trick worm had to be changed..i saw a swirll in the water and pointed it out to my dad while i franticly tried to get a new worm on my hook..he casted out just past the swirll and BAM!!..pulled in this monster..but if i didn't catch it i wouldn't perfer anyone in the world other than my dad to pull something like this in..this made his weekend..

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/759000-759999/759979_89_full.jpg

Koga
04-29-2006, 09:49 AM
One day I hope to have myself a pond stocked like that !

Koga

bashlin
04-29-2006, 10:14 AM
between me and my neighbor..we have about an 80 acer pond..about 40 on my land and it joins his that has about 40 acers also..it was well worth the money we spent to build it..our whole family really enjoys it..it was sorta swamp land we cleared out and cleaned up..so most of the fish were already in their..i spend about 50.00 a month on fish food, and could spend more than that..but i try to ration it out..

Squizzy
04-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Nice fish! Sounds like you got a great private lake going over there.

BigClive
04-30-2006, 05:14 PM
Nice fish! Sounds like you got a great private lake going over there.

Yeah and what have you got in western Australia?.... Sand pits. :)

Still, I've heard the barbeques are pretty good.

Squizzy
05-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Yeah and what have you got in western Australia?.... Sand pits. :)

Still, I've heard the barbeques are pretty good.

Sand pits hey? We do actually have some flowing rivers and even some lakes that have water in them. Then if you get bored with that there is several thousand kilometers of coastline to fish from. But you are right about the barbeques they are pretty good if you can remember them especially if you drink cider.....

BigClive
05-01-2006, 02:25 PM
So what about the impending doom of global warming turning Perth into a parched waterless wasteland? Eh? :)

So are you guys going to start using wooden poles anytime soon? Where's the fun in concrete. You can't do the macho climbing thing with that.

(Uh oh, too much cider.)

I wonder if the concrete poles are going to turn out to be a liability with regards to crumbling failure in the future.... I suppose the relatively high temperature will keep excessive moisture from rotting the reinforcement.

dirtdobber
05-01-2006, 08:25 PM
fish showed the picture to my twin boys (5 years old) they said that was them in the picture. pushin dad to go a little more often. :D

Squizzy
05-02-2006, 09:13 AM
So what about the impending doom of global warming turning Perth into a parched waterless wasteland? Eh? :)

So are you guys going to start using wooden poles anytime soon? Where's the fun in concrete. You can't do the macho climbing thing with that.

(Uh oh, too much cider.)

I wonder if the concrete poles are going to turn out to be a liability with regards to crumbling failure in the future.... I suppose the relatively high temperature will keep excessive moisture from rotting the reinforcement.

MMM Perth been coastal, global warming correct me if i am wrong but that wouldn't be a waterless wasteland because if it gets warmer the ocean level will rise. Good thing is if it goes about 40 meters (upwards that is) i should be able to fish from my back yard and my property value will sky-rocket by being close to the beach.
But untill then i will just have to drive the 10minutes or so to go fishing. Fishing here at the moment has been great to say the least i have been catching Australian salmon(no relation to the Atlantic variety) most being around 5kg mark (11lb).
Here is the latest fishing report

www.fishingwa.com/a_reports/Fishingreport.pdf

Whats this about concrete poles? I think we have about 20 odd thousand of them out of 1,000,000 or so poles we don't use gaffs as our poles are hardward, the new poles are all CCA treated...

BigClive
05-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Perth is coastal!!! I really must look at a map sometime. :)

I thought Australia had embraced concrete poles quite early on. I didn't realise you had a lot of wood. Are they all bucket accessible or does some climbing get done?

Squizzy
05-05-2006, 06:40 AM
Perth is coastal!!! I really must look at a map sometime. :)

I thought Australia had embraced concrete poles quite early on. I didn't realise you had a lot of wood. Are they all bucket accessible or does some climbing get done?

Hi Clive,
I'm not sure what %'s are of wood to concrete I know South Australia use alot of concrete and steel poles. We have alot steel and concrete poles in the north-west. I have not come accross a pole that isn't accessable by bucket or ladder yet there are probly some around. Some areas we have to wait to summer for areas to dry out to get into some areas. All work is done by bucket or ladder, there is a couple of companies over east that do abit of climbing i am not aware of anyone doing it in the west.

Viperexaf
05-16-2006, 10:23 AM
tell your dad he did good squizzy, that is a very nice fish. I'm gonna take the new boat out over memorial day weekend and try to get me a trophy fish, nothing else catch a bunch of cat fish ha ha

Squizzy
05-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Sorry Viperexaf its Bashlins' father that got that big Bass mine only knows how to use a heavy handline(150lb) off a boat when we go up north chasing big stuff.....

BigClive
05-16-2006, 02:17 PM
So you guys don't dip primary into the pools and scoop out the fish with a net on the end of an extendo then? :rolleyes:

Squizzy
05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
No but i hear that explosives are rather effective...

Squizzy
05-19-2006, 04:33 AM
Ha ha ha yes it makes them really tender!

BigClive
05-19-2006, 06:54 PM
And for those in other countries.... An M80 alias cherry bomb is a small but violent explosive firework that has disfigured and killed many an American kid.

The nearest we brits had were "bangers", but they're banned now as a nuisance firework.

The very fact that Squizzy knew what an M80 was suggests that he may be abusing the Internet for nefarious data. :)

I mean let's face it.... You can buy anything in America...
http://www.skylighter.com/
And then congregate in the desert at a pre-determined secret location and gratuitously blow stuff up.

How's the law for doing things like this in Australia Squizzy? That could be a tempting factor in relocation. :D

Squizzy
05-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Firecrackers and fireworks are not generally availible in Australia but if you are going to buy something on the sly you may as well get something worthwhile. The area i live in has a large contingent of Veitnamese and Chinese now there is two cultures that love firecrackers!

Squizzy
05-20-2006, 04:49 AM
How's the law for doing things like this in Australia Squizzy? That could be a tempting factor in relocation. :D[/QUOTE]

Yes unfortunatley all that stuff is illegal, but its still good fun!

LostArt
05-20-2006, 08:38 AM
Boy howdy, this thread got off track.........sorta. :D

Nice bass Bashlin! On the farm we had about 4 ponds, but the only thing in them was gators. Uh........gatortail is pretty good. Heh.

The boss finally brought some bass home and fried them last weekend for his mom. I went to her house and brought her to ours (50 miles) and he fried her up some fish and then later grilled steaks. She was thrilled. I guess as we grow older, it doesn't take much to please us.

Nice picture of dad also Bash. Good to hear you Gawgia boy-ees are as good as Florida's. Heh.

Squizzy
05-21-2006, 06:35 AM
We were only discussing different methods of fishing:-)...

LostArt
05-21-2006, 12:04 PM
We were only discussing different methods of fishing:-)...

LMAO! I know. But so much that someone missed the fact that it was Bashlin's dad and not YOURS! :D

BigClive
05-21-2006, 03:38 PM
Makes me wonder just what age Bashlin is. :)

Besides, the discussion on "high yield" fishing techniques was just getting to the explosives recipes...

LostArt
05-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Yep, pour on some hot lures and it would of been flaming! :D

My guess is Bashlin's in his 30's or there abouts. How close am I Bash?

Squizzy
05-22-2006, 02:01 AM
LMAO! I know. But so much that someone missed the fact that it was Bashlin's dad and not YOURS! :D

I can't help that lol i even pointed out that it wasn't my father! Fishing would have to be one of my favourite subjects go to www.fishingwa.com and check out some fish around the place...

BigClive
05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
I can't help that lol i even pointed out that it wasn't my father! Fishing would have to be one of my favourite subjects go to www.fishingwa.com and check out some fish around the place...

So I guess those new Goretex garments might be finding out of hours use then? :)

CHICAGO HAND.
05-22-2006, 09:11 PM
GOTTA LOVE FISHIN, I THINK?

http://www.break.com/movies/troutfishing.html

zapman3021
05-23-2006, 03:38 AM
Hey squizzy i have heard that a box of wizz bangs makes fishing a hole lot more exciting also makes the neighbourhood cats disapear (specially when you strap them to there bellies ).........( cray bait ) :D

Squizzy
05-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Only problem with using a whiz bang on a moggy is that you need a spatula to collect it and then its a mongrel to try and keep the bits in the mesh bait pouch....

(cray-crayfish-lobster)- cats are a renowned bait though not very legal apparently the crays like the fur!