PDA

View Full Version : experience

bad attitude
05-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Hi Boys,
I have been a lineman for 18 years. I have worked distribution, sub transmission and transmission. I love the steel because it separates the men from the girls and we all know that they are out there. Most lineman are real brave until they have to work without a bucket. They make me laugh. Hook ladders and baker boards are my best friends. What really bothers me are guys on this web site who talk like they are rough and tough linemen but are still wet behind the ears. On the internet anyone can be anything so put on your tools and lets see what you can do. Not from a bucket or off a 28 foot ladder stuck in the back of a go-tract because you are afraid to climb. Senior member my butt Senior jerk-off is more like it. I gotta get to bed now because my hands ache from wearing rubber gloves not from punching a key board.

Mike-E
05-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I think you'll fit in here just fine. ;)

bad attitude
05-02-2006, 07:37 PM
SOUNDS GOOD!!!!! there are not enough guys around that want to do a good job. I work for National Grid and we are so contaminated with misfits that I feel like quitting. I am watching the Sabres playoff game so I will talk to you later.

dirtdobber
05-02-2006, 09:04 PM
maybe you should learn how to read some profiles before you get diareah of the mouth big guy.

DiscoDan
05-03-2006, 05:39 AM
Yeah the poor bastard disribution lineman that lost his arms and hand at thr grid was a real pussy........you suck boy.

Dan

Koga
05-03-2006, 06:44 AM
Do you really climb those big ol steel towers ? You must have done just all kinds of dangerous stuff uh ? I bet youve even climed a big long pole too !!!
8 years huh? ....... Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha ha hjab ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha jha ha ha ha ha ha ......ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha aha .........ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah , ha stop ! stop ! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h hee hee hee hee ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hee hee he hee ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hoooooo ! Well K.O.G.A.

Koga

Koga
05-03-2006, 05:53 PM
18 years heeee hhaa hhaaa ha aha ha ha ha ha h aha !!!!!.............

Koga

bad attitude
05-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Dear Dan,
I never said anything about the unfortunate accident that befell the National Grid lineman that lost his arm and hand ,so you say. The problem is your ignorance on this subject needs to be addressed. Like I said in past posts we are surrounded people that do not belong in this profession. Dan accidents like that happen when linemen do not follow the most basic safety rules. This lineman was working on a distribution pole (7.62kv) with a transformer on it without RUBBER GLOVERS AND SLEEVES. Sad but true. We have apprentices that think the tail shelf of a bucket truck is for a picnic, when the boom is in contact with the primary. They might be the next statistic. I am quite sure that when you have a workforce that lacks the necessary talent and brains required to do this job more accidents will follow. Your reply is welcome , however get the facts before you open your mouth next time.

woody
05-03-2006, 08:25 PM
ba/500kva?... HaHaHa...you funny....no really you funny! woody

dirtdobber
05-03-2006, 08:35 PM
I got a hot steel pole for you BOY you can climb it broke back mountain BOY!!!!

dirtdobber
05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
b.a. seems your making friends you little cowboy macaroni eater. bet you like it bare backed to BOYYYY! :D

mscheuerer
05-04-2006, 07:16 AM
Hi Boys,
I have been a lineman for 18 years. I have worked distribution, sub transmission and transmission. I love the steel because it separates the men from the girls and we all know that they are out there. Most lineman are real brave until they have to work without a bucket. They make me laugh. Hook ladders and baker boards are my best friends. What really bothers me are guys on this web site who talk like they are rough and tough linemen but are still wet behind the ears. On the internet anyone can be anything so put on your tools and lets see what you can do. Not from a bucket or off a 28 foot ladder stuck in the back of a go-tract because you are afraid to climb. Senior member my butt Senior jerk-off is more like it. I gotta get to bed now because my hands ache from wearing rubber gloves not from punching a key board.

Dear BA,

1st, Your "Hi Boy's" comment scares me.
2nd, Congrats on 18 years of hard earned work you have performed without causing a single mistake right?
3rd, I'm sure the steel really turns you on, more than likely where your from, thats all they have out there. I could be wrong, maybe you grew up playing with an E-rector set too much.
4th and lastly, your "rough and tough" lineman comment makes no sense what so ever. So sorry if you don't want to play in the same sand box. There are many professional comments/quotes on this board that have helped us along with many respects to our careers and safety.

Orgnizdlbr
05-04-2006, 08:22 AM
Dear Dan,
I never said anything about the unfortunate accident that befell the National Grid lineman that lost his arm and hand ,so you say. The problem is your ignorance on this subject needs to be addressed. Like I said in past posts we are surrounded people that do not belong in this profession. Dan accidents like that happen when linemen do not follow the most basic safety rules. This lineman was working on a distribution pole (7.62kv) with a transformer on it without RUBBER GLOVERS AND SLEEVES. Sad but true. We have apprentices that think the tail shelf of a bucket truck is for a picnic, when the boom is in contact with the primary. They might be the next statistic. I am quite sure that when you have a workforce that lacks the necessary talent and brains required to do this job more accidents will follow. Your reply is welcome , however get the facts before you open your mouth next time.

Are you a supervisor or just a shill for national greed?

asshole
05-04-2006, 05:51 PM
You whine like a girl, you talk about yourself like a girl, I,ll bet you even sit to pee like a girl.

QuebecMonteurs
05-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi Boys,

Man, the words are missing for me to tell you how much your attitude sucks. Have you ever think that there are different types of linemen because there are different types of jobs to do??? Why bitching on the other guys jobs? Does it makes you feel better?? It's like if someone was coming at me, saying that I'm a wimp because I'm a telephone lineman (like you call it in the US, here we say "Monteur T") and I'm not working on the electricity. I would tell this guy to go back playing in it's sandbox with it's babyish attitude. WTH? Get your job done as better as you can do it and don't anoy the other guys.

By the way, you said that on the internet, anybody can be anything... well you are just proving it with this message; On the internet you look like to be a tough guy... what are you in the real world once you've put your belt on and hooked all your tools on it???

dbrown20
05-06-2006, 01:20 PM
If you have been a lineman for 18 years and are just now noticing incompetents then you are lucky.

Please post a profile also. I have seen incompetents from upper management all the way down to grunts, truckdrivers and apprentices, not to mention all the linemen and foremans. I have seen people with many years of experience who could not do the basics. Trouble shoot transformers and banks, tie basic knots, climb well. afraid to climb tall poles, sag wire, and many other things too numerous to mention. It is just a fact of life and probably in other trades also. I do think it has become more noticeable since the advent of buckets. I have worked for 4 IOU's, 2 Govt. entities, contractors and 1 municipality. I have worked with fellow journeymen who were old enough to be WW 2 veterans all the way up to your modern day bucket truck lineman. If there is a way to create perfect linemen, I do not believe it has been discovered yet. I have seen linemen who were products of a bonafide IBEW apprenticeship or with a rat background who were equally incompetent, and vice versa. There is no way to judge a person until you have worked with them for a short time. I have seen guys who had a resume that would choke a horse who could not tie a bowline. Incompetency ? You're just gonna have to deal with it. dbrown20

Trampbag
05-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Are you a supervisor or just a shill for national greed?

Shill??? Wow, and on the lineman’s site. Go figure!

loadbreak55
05-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey Bad:Unfortunately I've worked with You so called "real lineman"and I've yet to meet one that could carry my drag bag,let alone keep up with me on a distribution job!You think because you climb big steel towers,your a better lineman than me HA HA HA HA!Anyone can train a monkey to climb a tower or a pole,but what can you do once you get there? As for my time in the trade,36 years and counting.And best of all, I still haven't developed your kind of attitude,THANK GOD!!!!!

old lineman
05-06-2006, 04:21 PM
If you have been a lineman for 18 years and are just now noticing incompetents then you are lucky.

Please post a profile also. I have seen incompetents from upper management all the way down to grunts, truckdrivers and apprentices, not to mention all the linemen and foremans. I have seen people with many years of experience who could not do the basics. Trouble shoot transformers and banks, tie basic knots, climb well. afraid to climb tall poles, sag wire, and many other things too numerous to mention. It is just a fact of life and probably in other trades also. I do think it has become more noticeable since the advent of buckets. I have worked for 4 IOU's, 2 Govt. entities, contractors and 1 municipality. I have worked with fellow journeymen who were old enough to be WW 2 veterans all the way up to your modern day bucket truck lineman. If there is a way to create perfect linemen, I do not believe it has been discovered yet. I have seen linemen who were products of a bonafide IBEW apprenticeship or with a rat background who were equally incompetent, and vice versa. There is no way to judge a person until you have worked with them for a short time. I have seen guys who had a resume that would choke a horse who could not tie a bowline. Incompetency ? You're just gonna have to deal with it. dbrown20

I've be reading with interest how everybody is responding to BAD ATTITUDE.
Mister Brown, I personally like the "strong silent type", those who go about their business and don't have to get on a web site and call everyone else down.
You know the type, the one's who walk silently and carry a big stick. Guys like Bad Attitude never registered on my radar screen and in my opinion don't even rate a response.
One way to get this asshole off this site is to strictly let him ramble on without a comment back. He'll soon tire from talking to himself, and crawl back into oblivian.
Let's all ignore the bastard and let him run out of gas. He's not worth the time of day.
You've seen these types, they build miles of lines in the bar, the closer it gets to closing time the more rediculious they sound.
The Old Lineman

Patriot
05-06-2006, 05:13 PM
It's usually the guys that have to toot their own horn that have the least to really brag about! Our work is about respect, and this guy would have a hard time earning it anywhere, except in his own mind!

dbrown20
05-06-2006, 05:33 PM
You nailed it. dbrown20