PDA

View Full Version : FEMA,, How about this?

Moe
05-14-2006, 04:26 PM
This past weekend FEMA and the City of Austin , along with the Texas Workforce Commission setup a job training/hiring/interview/job fair for all the Katrina FEMA evacuees in the Austin area to be held at the ACC campus on Webberville Road in East Austin Several of the evacuees said they had no transportation to get from the apartment complexes.

So the city of Austin/FEMA/TWC set up transportation for each of them to ensure they would be able to partake of the benefit of job searching. The transportation consisted of nine buses and vans, to run from four locations in Round Rock, and five locations in Austin, in continuing shuttles back and forth to the campus to ensure that the hundreds of people looking for jobs would be transported in comfort. The vehicles were brought to their residences; drivers knocked on the doors; and every effort was made.

At the end of the day, the nine vans and buses transported a total of one person.

Not one person per bus - one person total.

At the end of the day, none of the Katrina Evacuees applied for any of the jobs.

Not one person took employment - NONE total.

The bill to FEMA was $7800.

And yet they still get on TV claiming that the United States Government "OWES THEM".

Don't know if this is true, it was sent to me. Moe

dirtdobber
05-14-2006, 05:15 PM
we wonder what is wrong in these united states. this realy bothers me give them a little help and look what happens they become wards of the state. I was talking to some fema reps after hurricane charlie he told me that the temp housing that was set up back when andrew rolled through miami the housing was temporary. there is still people living there what is wrong with this GREAT COUNTRY OF OURS? :mad:

42linehand
05-14-2006, 07:16 PM
You must not be suprised if this is true. We all know what the truth is when it comes to this. Again the hard working man will pay as the non worker skates free

LostArt
05-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Well, was it true Moe? Do you know?

LostArt
05-15-2006, 06:28 PM
I leave for a while and just some things never change, do they ya'll? :D :D :D

SWAMPSHIT COME NOVEMBER THE ME ME ME'S WILL HIT THE ROAD AND WE CAN GO AFTER THE MORONS LEFT.

YES bush and the republicans will answer in NOVEMBER (ABOUT 180 DAYS)

Countin' down the days, are ya Steve? Heh.

Wonder what the US of A will want the next go around? It does have me curious, no doubt.