PDA

View Full Version : Laminate Poles

Spudly
05-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Can laminate poles be climbed. I've climbed lots of round poles but never a rectangular pole?

42linehand
05-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I am going to have to say no to that one. We either use our buckets or we rent a scissor lift. There might be a way to put steps on them but i am not to sure . I do know that you cant clinb them in Gaffs though. Be Safe

graybeard
05-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Did it once and its weird but can be done with your regular hooks. I think EAST RIVER in South Dakota doe's it alot. Did it at a hot stick school they had years ago.

electric squirrel
05-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Climbed a ton of 'em up in northern ca. for edison,shaver lake area, they suck!
no hooks, these had steps on 'em. Temp steps to get up to the perm. ones.When you get up a ways to working height you either are to short or too tall! And when you want to swing around the pole to work on the other side you gotta remember you aint got a gaff on , cuz your foot slides off the slick side of the pole and slides off into space!Things are real slick in the morning when theres a little moisture on things!Your skid will slip a little when your not expecting it and make the ol' corn hole pucker up!Frameing them is a WHOLE other story! Takes forever! I can give you all kinds of info on them if you want to know more....ES :cool: