PDA

View Full Version : This Memorial Day......................

LostArt
05-28-2006, 01:50 PM
............please remember those service men that gave their lives so we might live one more abundantly. I usually wear my red white and blues during these days and try and wear them once a week and a little flag pendant.

Maybe I should show it more and everyday. I'm personally glad to live in these United States. I can't think of any other country that I would want to live in. And those I hear about aren't as rich and healthy as we are. Yes, we have our problems, but looking back in history, haven't we always had something going on?

My daughter sent me a copy of my son-in-law's message to his friends and family. She is very proud of him and so am I. Proud of him and those other men and women serving our country. But, sometimes.......we need to be reminded. It doesn't matter if you are for or against what they are doing abroad. The fact is, they ARE there and they ARE serving, and that is what matters!!

This letter is not a butter me up letter, it is FACT. And he puts it in plain text! I think any American can understand this. God bless those that have served and keep serving so we can be free!

The next time you kiss, hug or cuddle, laugh or hang out with someone that you care about or when you party with your friends, or complain about not getting to go out on a weekend because you had to work or something came up or think about all the little things that you enjoy so much in your life, just keep in the back of your pretty little head that there are men and women that have given all of that up to fight for their country and take pride in something so much more than you could ever imagine. It doesn't matter if they believe in everything that is going on, but they had the intestinal fortitude to change their way of life so YOU can continue to carry on your oh so perfect life. If you know someone that is in the military, you should call, send them an email or a letter to let them know that you appreciate everything they do and tell them thank you for everything that they have sacrificed and put aside to serve the country that they love. I see my Marines and other's Marines, Sailors and Soldiers bust their ass, morning, noon and night to accomplish whatever mission they are given and they can't even get a thank you from the ones they love.

If this doesn't apply to you then I appologize and I salute you for your support and hope that you would pass this on, but for those... and you know who you are, that don't give two shits then you need to re-think your morals and show at least a little bit of interest in the ones who aren't scared to take a bullet for your sorry ass, and if you disagree with me then you need to go find the nearest traffic light and stand directly under it.

Outlaw Lineman
05-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Hey there girl, tomorrow at noon I'm going to have a moment of silence by my flag to remember those who are serving and those who gave all. If you have a minute tomorrow please join me. By the way I love that letter from your son-in-law.

LostArt
05-29-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey there girl, tomorrow at noon I'm going to have a moment of silence by my flag to remember those who are serving and those who gave all. If you have a minute tomorrow please join me. By the way I love that letter from your son-in-law.

Thank you buddy. Heh. I was beginning to think my son-in-law's letter scared everyone off! LOL! To me, it made him human........and I like a man that can shoot it from the hip. Maybe that is it, you all know what he is talkin' about! :D

I'll be joinin' you Case.....and thank you again. Whatever happened to that barehander feller? Ya'll hide him or sumptin? Did he get too high falootenin' for his britches? Heh. He'll love that one! :D Give the booger a hug from me if ya see'em!

lineman641
05-29-2006, 09:18 AM
To all the men and women who have,and are currently serving to protect our country,our family and our way of life......THANK YOU !..............
http://www.clermontyellow.accountsupport.com/flash/UntilThen.swf .................................................. .................................................. ........................................cool letter l.a.

LostArt
05-29-2006, 09:46 AM
http://www.clermontyellow.accountsupport.com/flash/UntilThen.swf

Thanks for this link buddy. It's really nice.

LostArt
05-29-2006, 10:43 AM
You got it bubba! :D

Outlaw is huggin' bars now? Sounds like a good story....or even a good pic!:D

Orgnizdlbr
05-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Grace, thanks for sharin that letter....wish more Americans remembered why the day is special. Thank God for all the active duty military and the veterans who served to keep our freedom!

graybeard
05-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Nice pic swamp!
As a vet thanks all and to all the other vets and to those serving now a much deserved THANK YOU AND MAY GOD GO WITH YOU.

dirtdobber
05-30-2006, 05:28 PM
the letter from your son-inlaw should be published somewhere so that the bleeding heart liberals will get a clue of why they have the rite to free speach!!! my dad did 2 tours in nam and I did my time along with my two brothers I know what your son-inlaw is saying. when I was a kid my dad use to wake us all up in the middle of the night with his nightmares GOD BLESS OUR VETS!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

electric squirrel
05-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Iam on here today to thank you veterans for a job well done! I should have done it on Monday but I was busy driveing. Iam a 6th step ape in So. Cal for H&M.
I am also a cowboy who has a small cattle / horse ranch up in N. Cal.Anyway I went to a rodeo this weekend and ran into some Nam vets, THEY wanted to thank me for being so brave , " for what " I asked , "for gettin on them mean ass bulls and giveing my grandson a thrill" one of them said. Then he asked if I would sign an autograph for his grandson on a tee shirt he got from the rodeo clown.I told him I would do it only if I could buy him and the rest of his friends a couple of cold ones.Anyway we got to talking and they found out what I did for a liveing and then they REALY thought I was crazy,building powerlines for a liveing and trying to make it as a rodeo cowboy.So to make a long story short, I told them that if they hadnt been so brave to go to some far ass away country so far from
home and thier families ,to get shot at and crawl around in the jungle with bombs and traps set all over hell waiting for them to crawl by, I WOULDNT GET TO ENJOY THE FREEDOMS I HAVE! There aint nobody more in this world that enjoys his freedom more than a COWBOY! I get to do the things I enjoy and do the job I enjoy because some vet put his ASS ON THE LINE ! Anyway I made a couple of new friends and took some pictures with some little kids,drank a bunch of beer,traded a cowboy hat for a vest with all kinds of army patches on it,and did my part ( although not enough!) to make sure some good ole' boys knew I was thankful for what they did! Anyway to all the Vets,,,THANKS!!!!!!!!! because of you I get to be who and what I want to be!
If you are ever in Red Bluff , Ca. swing by the " Crazy A lightning Bar " cutting horse ranch just south of town, I got a cold beer, warm meal and a handshake waiting for ya' !!!!

LostArt
05-30-2006, 09:51 PM
I spoke to my Marine son-n-law tonight. He sounds like he is next door!! Oh what wonderful technology we have these days! He sounds good. His first night off in 3 weeks, he said.

I hope you guys don't mind, but I copied and pasted your posts to him. Swamp, I attached your pic buddy. I know he will enjoy that!!! :D

Here is what my daughter calls...................a stud. HA!! She cracks me up when she sends his pic! No tellin' what that girl is gonna put in the subject area! LOL! The boss says she takes after her mama. Me???? Why not ME!!!! Heh.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/TreyMay06.jpg

Orgnizdlbr
05-31-2006, 07:10 AM
Great pic Gracie....nice to see you on the forum again, we was worried about ya! ;)

Squizzy
05-31-2006, 07:46 AM
To all the US service men who gave their lives and service in the defence of Australia in WW2 (especially the Battle of the Coral Sea)we are grateful, and have not forgotten. A Memorial Day service is held every year in Kings Park and is well attended......

LEST WE FORGET