PDA

View Full Version : mastec and fpl

ojibwa
06-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Beware in Florida! Mastec and Fpl have come together to ban anyone who quits a contractor on fpl property from working on Fpl property again fo 90 days. This came about because people are leaving Mastec overhead in drooves. They are one of the sorriest out fits you could work for, the only thing that matters to them is bottom line. And that really does not matter all they care about is stock prices. Their safety program is non existant and they habitually hide the mishaps. If you can spell lineman then according to Mastec you must be a lineman. So if you are in Florida doing the hurricane clean up, you better stay put, you will be in for a rude awakining. This happened to about 20 of my brothers and it is sad for FPL because we will not be here for them when they need us which is real soon.
This directive came down from the upper most management at FPL, and I mean the top top. The mid level management and ccr's are outraged, they know how it will effect them locally. If you wonder why the powers that be would even be involved, I do not know, but I have a guess that if you were to look at the ceo's of fpl and of mastec you would find similarities.
We have have an attorney, a good one, who is so confident in our case he is working pro bono. I think he knows who will be paying his bill. None of us has ever signrd any type of contract what so ever, and Florida is a right to work state. I guess Mastec thinks they own you once you work for them, but I rhink their ship is starting to take on water.
So to all my brothers out there, beware! I will update on the outcome.

dirtdobber
06-03-2006, 05:52 PM
worked on there system for past 11 years 2 of the last in supervisory position.have heard a lot about mastec and f.p.l. ceo. being the best of friends like you wash my back and Ill wash yours that type of talk. I certainally hope that the lawyer involved takes care of thi crap. so its not suprising why the c.e.o. for f.p.l. has a full time body guard if he did not have anything to be afraid of he would not need to hide now would he!!!!!!!!

lineman641
06-03-2006, 09:28 PM
do a search on jorge mas canosa of the cuban-american national foundation,you will see a lot .read between the lines you will see more! miami controls f.p.l. . but who controls miami?..it could be a good thing but like the rest of the country , corporations would not give two shits about us workin folks. only about the dollar and them selves..when will the working class of the good ol U.S.A wake up? I hope its soon!

iceman1
06-05-2006, 08:21 PM
i work on this system Pike was the one that actually started this because the had alot of CREWS not just one or two guys jump ship and go to MASTEC here in central Florida now that peopleare wanting to leave Mastec they are trying the same thing