PDA

View Full Version : Got some pics of my new ride...........

LostArt
06-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Now that school is out, I'm off on Fridays. This past Friday I had a hair appointment and I kinda just looked around in the mall for about an hour and arrived home around 3:30 pm to find the boss at home! Well, you don't just find my husband at home in the middle of a working day unless he is sick!

I walk in and he says, "Where have you been woman? I've been waiting for two hours on you?" I laugh and say, "You knew I had an hair appointment. Why didn't you just call me on my cell phone silly. Why are you home? You okay?" He says, "Get ready. We are going car shopping." HUH??????????????

Well, some of you already know that the boss and I both have pick ups. We did have a jeep cherokee but our neighbor offered to buy it from us two years ago and we sold it to him for his 80 yr old father. We had no intentions of selling it because it was our grocery getter.

It has been a pain to load up groceries and not have a way to haul friends, but I just figured we would make do for a while. Well, I guess the boss decided enough was enough and off we go car shopping.

What the boss had in mind was a Ford Sport Trac. When those things came out, I thought they were neat but ugly as all get out! I guess it's like most things you just get use to seeing them and they grow on ya.

We shopped for a couple of days and ended up with this yesterday afternoon. It's a 2005 XLT Sport Trac fully loaded with leather seats. Heh. The boss said, "Aren't we old enough now to have a few luxuries?" I guess so! I laugh because usually it is him that doesn't want to spend some extra money! But, this one is used and has 25,000 miles on it, but it's nice. And much more comfortable than my 2003 F150. And it has that nice top for the bed! We both love that. Oh, and the color is darker than I like them. I'm not one for dark colors for my vehicles, but this one is nice. It's called Stone Brown. However, the boss calls it "turkey turd brown". Oh brother! And after wheeling and dealing............and me getting p*ssed at one dealership and walking out(yes I did! P*ssed me off when they only wanted to give me 9K for my truck!) and the boss laughing at the salesman saying, "I told you it was HER that you had to make happy, didn't I? Well, I think you insulted her about her beloved pick up. Your fault buddy." Heh. I finally calmed down enough to deal with the next place.

As the boss teases me, "Well, you didn't get your sunroof dear.......can you live without it?" I reckon I can. ;)

So...........here it is guys! Do any of you have one of these? Or have owned one? It seems to fit all my needs so far. The comfort of a car, the room for the extra folks, and the bed for my groceries or hauling a few plants or fertilizer or just my stuff! :D

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/Sptrac2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/LostArt99/Sptrac1.jpg

LostArt
06-04-2006, 01:17 PM
Damn LA....you got a Tractor to MOW that front yard?? In my hood we call yards like that... "Parks"! :-) :-)

LMAO! It's only two acres Swamp. The acreage in Live Oak is 3 and we always mowed that. You make it sound like it's 10 acres or more! :D

Actually the next door neighbor has a bush hog. He trims the trees up really high so the mower can get underneath it. I think it's a little extreme, but he doesn't mow his grass but maybe twice a year! LOL! Cracks me and the boss up because the HOA gets all bent out of shape over it. Doesn't bother the boss and I though. If he doesn't want to mow his grass, it doesn't bother us any.

The neighbors on the other side of us are from Lakeland. Before that, it was Detriot. Yep, those south Florida yankees are takin' over up here Swamp!!! What did you guys do to p*ss these folks off???? Heh.

Actually, he is retired IBM guy and seems pretty nice. His son is a sub-contractor here in Gainesville and is building his house. Saving him lots of money that way, but you know how those "rat contractors" are. Heh, heh, heh.

JD426H
06-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey LA :) Nice car ! Ain't that just an Exploder with the ass end cut off of it? Just kidding ;) I guess that's about as close as you can get to a Ranchero or El Camino these days unless you live in Australia. I'm with Swamp on that yard ! When I saw the pic.....the theme song from "Dallas" started playing in my head.....lol.

LostArt
06-04-2006, 03:42 PM
Hey LA :) Nice car ! Ain't that just an Exploder with the ass end cut off of it? Just kidding ;) I guess that's about as close as you can get to a Ranchero or El Camino these days unless you live in Australia. I'm with Swamp on that yard ! When I saw the pic.....the theme song from "Dallas" started playing in my head.....lol.

Ha! Are you another Ford Hater JD???? :p El Camino...............man, that is dating back.

Hehehehe...............Dallas. You guys must live in those subdivisions that you can shake your neighbors hands by sticking your arms out your bathroom windows or something. Heh.

The first pic is of the neighbor's paved drive to the left of us (facing our house) and the other picture is of our new neighbor's house that is coming up. He had to build his shop first!!! Cracks me up.............men never change no matter where they are from in this world! You guys are all alike when it comes to YOUR STUFF! :D

loodvig
06-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Hey nice rig LA. What's it got under the hood? 4.6?

JD426H
06-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Nope...not a Ford hater.Actually,my new co. truck is an F150 :) Now Toyotas,Honduhs,Nissans.....that's a different story! Now don't go raggin on the dude next door.....looks like he's got his priorities pretty well in order. Ya gotta have a place to put the toys while you build the house....lol. As far as my yard goes,we have an acre...which is plenty enough to pay taxes on. I'd like to have a little bigger lot.........that way I could build a smaller house,a bigger garage,and still have plenty of room to park the parts cars.....lol. ;)

LostArt
06-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey nice rig LA. What's it got under the hood? 4.6?

All I know is it's a 6 cyl Loo. I'll have to pop the hood and see! :D

JD, I think Ford has the bid on the boss' work trucks also. Wait, that's not right. On the bucket trucks but not the small ones. They are those little bitty ole chevys. What do they call them? S10's? Heh.

JD, there ain't nuttin wrong with a man having a place to store his toys. The boss keeps saying I am crowding his space with my toys though! :D I think the last "toy" I purchased was a hedge trimmer. Nope, haven't used it yet, the boss had to try it out first! :D

LostArt
06-05-2006, 12:05 AM
LOL! I think my F150 V8 was a 4.6. EXCUSE me Swamp!!!!! :p

I think that is what I'm gonna miss in the Ghost..............is the UMPH and GO! :D

Sheesh..........between you and these guys, surely I will learn something sometime or another or get razzed about it! :p

Hell, I've done gone and pissed poor ole Toptie off about his cajuns buddies. I liked those folks up there! How in the heck he got me to insulting them, is waaaay beyond me!

Sheesh.......I have no idea how I can rile up a lineman of all people!!! :D

LostArt
06-06-2006, 12:33 AM
Cause, he's a Yankee Lineman, and you're a Southern Bell.;)

LOL! Is that the reason? Well, I guess all the other yankee linemen just tolerate me better then.

Like Georgie. HA!

n_ogden
06-06-2006, 08:55 PM
LA.
Ill trade you, my car for yours :D

lol jk. but you got yourself a nice ride there :-)

LostArt
06-06-2006, 09:18 PM
LA.
Ill trade you, my car for yours :D

lol jk. but you got yourself a nice ride there :-)

Whatcha drivin' Nick? :D

Thanks buddy and it's great to see you posting!! Been missin' you!