PDA

View Full Version : What does your signature say about you?

LostArt
06-05-2006, 12:12 AM
I don't think I have one. At least not here. Well there is my website, but that says stuff about my work. Artwork, that is.

So, show your signatures! I just noticed Tramplineman's. It says, "I don't smoke, but my truck does!" So, now I am wondering what kind of truck does the man have! :D (Okay Swamp.........maybe it has MORE than just a 4.6 in it! :D Sheesh! I hate it when Swamp gets one up on me!!! :D )

Okay, post up your signatures! What does your signature say about you?

Orgnizdlbr
06-05-2006, 06:35 AM
Self explanetory Grace, BTW how have ya been? We were wondering if all was well.......

loodvig
06-05-2006, 08:01 AM
OK I give up! how ya make a signature?

lineman641
06-05-2006, 04:50 PM
our job is unforgiving.every time i consider a short cut i think,if something goes wrong who will take care of my family? if the company thinks i was at fault then i may not have workers comp,disability,or life insurance . the employer makes a phone book size book of rules we are suppose to follow to cover there ass. i am going to use that book to cover mine and my family...so at least if murphy shows up ,my wife and kids will be covered. thats my signature!!

lineman641
06-05-2006, 04:54 PM
OK I give up! how ya make a signature?
go to user cp ....go from there.

loodvig
06-05-2006, 06:08 PM
go to user cp ....go from there.

Ok OK thanks

dirtdobber
06-05-2006, 06:45 PM
DIRTDOBBER that should say everything in its self. enjoy overhead but for me I find underground a little more challeging but thats just me. :)

LostArt
06-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Self explanetory Grace, BTW how have ya been? We were wondering if all was well.......

Hey Georgie! I'm doing good buddy and thanks to you guys that was concerned, but I'm doing pretty dog gone good. Glad school is out! It's a nice break, that is for sure. Have you been fishing yet? Is it warm enough up there yet? :D

LostArt
06-05-2006, 09:02 PM
DIRTDOBBER that should say everything in its self. enjoy overhead but for me I find underground a little more challeging but thats just me. :)

Hey Dobber. I like your user name. But your signature is pretty cool too. :D

LINEMAN DO IT WITH MORE POWER.

Hey Loo!!! I see you finally figured it out buddy! :D

Outlaw Lineman
06-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Well as the boss probably let you know...If you're not safe you could be dead. Well for me, I'd much rether be safe and alive than wreckless and dead. So I just want to remind ALL MY LINEMAN BROTHERS to be safe, it only takes a few minutes more to do it right.....

Orgnizdlbr
06-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Hey Georgie! I'm doing good buddy and thanks to you guys that was concerned, but I'm doing pretty dog gone good. Glad school is out! It's a nice break, that is for sure. Have you been fishing yet? Is it warm enough up there yet? :D

Just got the boat bottom painted last weekend, hope to get it in this weekend...the weather is finally startingg to cooperate. Glad your doing good kid!

LostArt
06-06-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey Case!!

Georgie, do you have to paint the bottom of the boat every year? That would be a pain.

dirtdobber
06-06-2006, 06:32 PM
you puutin your boat in salt or fresh water? that makes all the diff. also if your leaving it in the water or trailering it.

Orgnizdlbr
06-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Hey Case!!

Georgie, do you have to paint the bottom of the boat every year? That would be a pain.

Every year kiddo!

n_ogden
06-06-2006, 08:58 PM
mine is just another expression of saying "whatever"

i guess...

LostArt
06-06-2006, 09:22 PM
you puutin your boat in salt or fresh water? that makes all the diff. also if your leaving it in the water or trailering it.

Every year kiddo!

You keep it in the water all year round? Must be a MONSTER!!! :D I thought they called those ships!!!!?????

Got some pics Georgie?

LostArt
06-06-2006, 09:24 PM
mine is just another expression of saying "whatever"

i guess...

Now, I would of thought, "Right On" meant that you agree. Shows how much I keep up with the modern lingo! :D

Orgnizdlbr
06-06-2006, 10:49 PM
You keep it in the water all year round? Must be a MONSTER!!! :D I thought they called those ships!!!!?????

Got some pics Georgie?

Saltwater, from june til Thanksgiving....alot can grow on a boat in that time span!!!! No pics Grace, I'll try to take some though....I'll probably have to jump over the side to get em though....better get a water proof camera ;)

Koga
06-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Your handle (LostArt) I just knew you were a lineman.One that had years of experience hotsticking off the pole. IMHO that my dear is truely becoming a lost art.

Koga

LostArt
06-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Saltwater, from june til Thanksgiving....alot can grow on a boat in that time span!!!! No pics Grace, I'll try to take some though....I'll probably have to jump over the side to get em though....better get a water proof camera ;)

LOL! No, I don't want to see barnicles! Just the ship buddy. :D

LostArt
06-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Your handle (LostArt) I just knew you were a lineman.One that had years of experience hotsticking off the pole. IMHO that my dear is truely becoming a lost art.

Koga

My username is probably close to 5 yrs old now. Hard to believe, but it wasn't thought of to get on a powerline site Koga. It was actually thought of to get on a car site!! Yes, it was! LOL! But, the username was really about me and how I feel about somethings in life.

So many things are becoming a lost art. And you are right, a lot of the linework is fast becoming lost. A thing of the past.

Just read yesterday what "America's Most Dangered Jobs". Those jobs that are becoming obsolete. Secretaries was in the middle(49,000). And the meter reader was like 29,000. The number one was rangers and farmers which was like 155,000.

Life as we once new it Koga, is going to be something young kids coming up today, never knew about.

Funny story.........

The boss came in the other day and said, "I was asked by our new grunt(21 yrs old) what the halocaust was." I laughed and said, "Did you tell him you weren't born then dear or did he think you were THAT old?" He grinned and said he probably thought that!

But, what is sad Koga, they don't teach that part of history in some schools anymore. I think the first I heard of the halocaust was in the 7th grade. Even though it was before my time, I at least know a good bit about it.

Mike-E
06-08-2006, 04:06 PM
One of my foremen used to say,"make me proud, or at least less disappointed", to me quite often, and then he would smack me in the marbles. :eek:

dirtdobber
06-08-2006, 07:05 PM
I have to agree with your last post the schools today dont teach much about history anymore. I try to watch the history channel as much as possible with my kids so they will know a little anyway. when I was a younger man I worked volunteer red cross at an (old folks home) retirement home use to talk a lot to them and learned some from them that I still remember today.I think that t.v. video games and the like have ruined the kids of today do not own and wont let my children play the damn things. not to sound like a chovunist but when mom went to work the world we knew went with it. its real hard but my wife is a stay at home mom of my last 2 kids mean ass twin boys!!!! :) :) :)

otpig2
06-08-2006, 07:41 PM
put a signature with my profile
it has to do with rubber gloving
and it all about being safe

LINETRASH
06-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Well, LA,

I guess my signature implies respect for anybody willing to strap on a pair and tackle a job like a real by-god lineman.

We are getting scarce......

LostArt
06-09-2006, 10:12 PM
That's basically my outlook on life. Either that or my website...but I don't want the nasty comments.

Hence...no signature. Ya want to know somethin bout me? Ask, I'll tell ya.

I'll just tell ya and ask ya.....................or hell.............I'll just call ya! :D :D :D

Swamp..........he cracks me up. I think we argued back and forth on something one night that I didn't know beans about! I forget what words/phrase he actually used but I laughed and said, "But you started it!!!"

Heh. Swamp has more patience than you guys think he has!!! No lie!!! :D

dooghi
06-10-2006, 09:43 AM
If you can build it you can fix it. Guess my way of saying that if you do constrution and do it right you can be the best trouble shooter out there because you know how the system was built.