PDA

View Full Version : Have a moan

mike jones
06-11-2006, 11:06 AM
Where i work in south wales in a two man doulbe bucket with a IAD its hard to have a 4th man i work as a two man team and when there's a job in an other Unit ( we have 4 Units ) we have a man from there unit. the 3ed man is a hotglover D/O but the 4th man is linesman only and never works on the truck at all . it's hard when the weather is hot and on one to take over.Sometimes i can be in the bucket for 7 hour with a half hour for a meal break. and if the job runs over it can be a lot longer . when i started 7 years ago we were a 4 man team all the time so the two in the buckets could change over and have a rest. and the other two would carry on till the job was done the good day. Is this the way Hotgloveing is allover the world or is my company breaking some rules?? :mad:

graybeard
06-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Mike
So are you saying that not all of your lineman glove?

mike jones
06-16-2006, 03:37 PM
yes
We have two in the bucket and one D/o and a linesman thats not hotglove trainned at all not even a D/O. just a lineman or an apprentice First year :eek:
Whats the comments

graybeard
06-16-2006, 05:54 PM
We have to have at LEAST 2 journeyman to glove. But you have to take each job into consideration and may need 2 trks. Don't see any reason why guys can't take turns. Although some guys like to just work in the bucket.