PDA

View Full Version : attention webmaster

scammy
06-11-2006, 10:34 PM
lot of spam on this site ,can you make it go away? thanks for puttin up with us ,,,,,,,scammy

lineman
06-11-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm trying to keep it down but they have figred out how to have a program log on and register as a user and post.

We might have to do something different if we can't figure out how to keep them off.

Thank all of you for your patience.

Byron

dirtdobber
06-12-2006, 11:05 AM
you sure your a lineman sounds like you work for the geek squad. ha ha ha. maybe when you retire you can do something with computers. :) :) :D

Orgnizdlbr
06-12-2006, 08:22 PM
This is getting out of hand now,,,,now theres a gay parade thread....I'd like to parade the jackass who posted that off the end of a Baker Board!

Squizzy
06-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Ah yes the "Board of Education". Yeah the spammers are going to town lately they all need a good seeing to....

lineman
06-13-2006, 10:30 AM
we will be doing something different shortly

BigClive
06-13-2006, 02:32 PM
Ah yes the "Board of Education". Yeah the spammers are going to town lately they all need a good seeing to....

What? You mean like anal penetration?

Well yes. I guess that would make them think twice. :)

Squizzy
06-14-2006, 08:51 AM
NO not like that! Don't you watch the Simpsons? When Bart is in Principal Skinner's office he has one of the good old spanking paddles mounted on a backboard with the caption, " The Board of Education". If you offered them a rodgering some of 'em wouldn't go away judging by some of the sites they have been posting.... :eek:

Racer X
06-15-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm trying to keep it down but they have figred out how to have a program log on and register as a user and post.

We might have to do something different if we can't figure out how to keep them off.

Thank all of you for your patience.

Byron

"What you could do is add a new usergroup, and a usergroup promotion that moves all users to the new usergroup after 5 or so posts.
Then, you can set the 'Registered Users' usergroup (which is default) to have posts being moderated.
That way, you can moderate the first few posts of these users."

or

"I suggest you turn on user registration moderation as a first fix, it manually requires you verify accounts when someone registers.

Also I think perhaps requiring moderation of posts created by the registered group, you can then create a promotion group and anyone with more than 5 posts is moved to a new group who has no moderation."

Racer X

LostArt
06-18-2006, 01:29 PM
we will be doing something different shortly

I know it can be a regular PITA Byron. I know this is gonna sound mean, but I wish you had a program like "Misery". Yeah, it's pretty cruel. :D

Hope whatever you do that is different will eliminate it. But, until then....I guess we will muttle through the trash/spam. It's gettin' pretty easy to spot them. :D