PDA

View Full Version : Patience is wearing

Koga
06-17-2006, 06:53 AM
thin. Im getting tired of stupid. I have to explain EVERYTHING, I mean EVERYTHING :eek: and the reason for it to an ape :confused: that dont think. Its always someone elses fault,and spends more time on the cell phone than one of the girls at the phone center.I wont go into the LONG List of details but I really just as soon work by myself. Think I need to take a break and go fishing.

Koga

wayne440
06-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Step one- toss that !#$% cell phone in the nearest body of water, in the style made famous by Tommy Lee Jones in "US Marshals". Under the truck wheels will be as effective if no water is nearby.

OLE' SORE KNEES
06-17-2006, 09:03 AM
I like the outrigger method, not that I would know :)

44kv
06-17-2006, 10:30 AM
tell him he just dont know how good he has it. to have someone with exp. to teach him, hell ill come be your ape!! koga just get somebody else if thats possable

44kv
06-17-2006, 10:37 AM
on second thought tell him how lucky he is to have a job!!! us up here on the duke system might be looking for work or go to the west coast!! seeing how duke has cut all work back to put money into cintergy so he could be like some of us and be out of a job in a couple of weeks!!!

Squizzy
06-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Well if you have an ape, don't you have to sign his competancy forms? Kick his ass if he wants to chat on the cell phone i won't answer up the pole and if he's on the ground he can do as he is told but at the end of the day you can't help stupid.......

dirtdobber
06-17-2006, 04:57 PM
if he can not stay off the phone and do his job then send him home to talk on it. I have a few guys like that when I catch them I threaten to send them home sent one last week do not believe will have any more problems with him. :)

NJlineman55
06-18-2006, 08:20 AM
you can lead a man to knowledge, but you can't make him think. In the end, it is his ass that won't be worth shit when he becomes a lineman. No one will want to work with him and he will have a bad reputation that willl stick with him for his career.

dbrown20
06-18-2006, 09:21 AM
Swap his dumb ass for another. Let someone else suffer for awhile. Be honest on his eval. card. Put him in the hooks ever chance you get. Keep him out of the bucket. dbrown20

Koga
06-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Today 08:21 AM
dbrown20 Swap his dumb ass for another. Let someone else suffer for awhile. Be honest on his eval. card. Put him in the hooks ever chance you get. Keep him out of the bucket. dbrown20

I had him on the pole in hooks Fri. Its hard to watch em carry the hand line up on the wrong side of all the tele and cable drops and when he needs something it gets all tangled up .Then he spends 15 min fighten with it and cussin the guy on the hand line cause his dumb ass didnt think about which side it needed to go up on.It never occured to him it was his fault and where he and the hand line needed to be. It aint fn rocket science! And Im tired of tellin him to look at what hes got and think about how to go about it.And then he totally Fs it up . Thanks guys I just needed to vent.I will bring it up in the Monday morning meeting.Ill either straighten his ass out or make him quit
Koga

dbrown20
06-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Glen, have you forgotten the old accidental crossarm drop? Try that. dbrown20

Stanman, at ComEdy Il.
06-22-2006, 12:30 AM
There is no patience for an assshole! Run im out! The job is dangerous enough without "young" no it alls!

CenterPointEX
06-22-2006, 12:46 AM
Volunteer for Shat Poles and make them his home away from home... He will either get good or gone...

woody
07-03-2006, 09:21 PM
everybody that posted before have excellent ways of dealing with this. If your putting him on the pole...just one question...are you on the pole with him too show how it's done or are you on the ground? or are you in the bucket to coach...if so that's o.k. cause you've earned that right and he or she has'nt...teach it like you learned it with your own disgrestions. myself...no cell phones...as an apprentice your here to learn...hard to do when on a cell phone. squeeks...never ending shit. woody

ROPEBLOCK
07-03-2006, 11:10 PM
its preety clear this guy is not going to cuy it ,if he sides by he will be hurting crews for years there enough of those already

DuFuss
07-06-2006, 10:22 PM
Make him leave the phone on the dash. Most companies have a policy against it anyway. We've had a couple of guys who were on the phone a lot when they first hired on. One we made put it on the dash and the other threatened with it. They will say "But you have one!" just explain it's against policy and we don't care if you break it but you're on it too much. Both of them now have them with them at all times and aren't on it much at all. Now they see that it's a privilege to keep them and work with us. Make them RESPECT YOUR AUTHORITY as cartman would say.