PDA

View Full Version : Davis H. Elliot fatality in Ohio

rgnizr
06-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Victor Morris, 25, of Langsville was electrocuted Tuesday, June 13, 2006 while working for Davis H. Elliot.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the fallen brother.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/daily/0615ohelectricalworker.html

There is a report out there that has not been verified describing the accident. As the story goes, the young lineman was working on a single phase line that was reportedly de-energized and another Elliot crew closed in on him.

Does anyone out there have any more information about the accident?

blik43
06-20-2006, 01:54 PM
So sorry to hear about this tragedy. Our prayers are with the family. This stuff needs to stop. :mad:

rgnizr
06-20-2006, 02:23 PM
http://www.mydailyregister.com/articles/2006/06/15/news/obituaries/obit00.txt

http://www.timesjournal.com/obits/Thursday.asp

Both obits list him as working for Buckeye but Buckeye says he worked for Elliot.

loodvig
06-20-2006, 04:36 PM
This is very sad and very preventable.

woody
06-20-2006, 08:06 PM
My thoughts and prayers to his family. woody

rgnizr
06-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Just found out about another fatality at Davis H Elliot that happened on June 6th. Had a good friend at OSHA search for OSHA form 36 (Report of fatality)on Davis Elliot this morning. They have two confirmed kills, one on June 6 in VA, and one on June 13 in OH.

From the June 6th accident:
Marshall Dean Tomlin, 37, of Monroe, passed away Tuesday, June 6, 2006 in Shenandoah County.
Born October 25, 1968, in Lynchburg, he was the son of Marshall O. Tomlin and the late Etta Lee Burnette Tomlin. He was a lineman with Davis H. Elliott Electrical Contractors, Roanoke.

I don't have much detail of the accident yet but it was said to be a hot mac draped into the bottom of the bucket with him when he backed into 14.4.

He had three kids but if you want to hear what his daughter Katie had to say, click this link and read her post. http://www.legacy.com/NewsAdvance/Guestbook.asp?Page=GuestBook&PersonId=18034028&GuestPage=2 Sad, sad, sad.

old lineman
06-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Victor Morris, 25, of Langsville was electrocuted Tuesday, June 13, 2006 while working for Davis H. Elliot.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/localnews/content/localnews/daily/0615ohelectricalworker.html

There is a report out there that has not been verified describing the accident. As the story goes, the young lineman was working on a single phase line that was reportedly de-energized and another Elliot crew closed in on him.

Too few details to make any conclusions, but.
If the circuit was ISOLATED and not grounded then it was a death trap.
If the circuit was ISOLATED, TESTED and GROUNDED and he still died then this is a good example of why we should be equipotential grounding and bonding.
Sorry to hear another lineman had to pay that BIG price.
The Old Lineman

daleibew
06-28-2006, 05:32 AM
What is the story on Davis H. Elliott. Have seen some very serious safety violations in Florida also. It appears they have no verifiable safety program or proceedure. The power co. they are working for is very unhappy with their work also.

dbrown20
07-15-2006, 10:14 PM
The only thing that will curb these irresponsible contractors is legislation. Legislation requires politicians who will take up the fight for the working hands. We're more concerned with gay marriage, illegal immigrants than a few red necks getting killed working on power lines. Besides megabuck utilities need this work done and politicians always listen to people with money. Until some politician or person of influence has a relative killed in this industry, we will have to be content with our current tactics. Those tactics of bitching and screaming. How many senators sons have you worked with as a lineman?

Probably our only real hope is that the union will get tough. As much hell as the union has hanging on to membership today, I doubt it will happen for a long time. dbrown20

Trampbag
07-16-2006, 01:08 PM
It is not just D H Eliot that acts like this. I have worked for many contractors, large and small, and there is little difference between them. All claim that any equipment or tool necessary will be promptly supplied at any time.

“Don’t do anything unsafe cause we’re a safe company” they say. Anyone who has spent ay time with contractors knows the real story. The crew leader (foreman, sub foreman, whatever) gets a handful of work orders, when working units, and out you go.

You can’t carry everything on a line truck and bucket truck and so when the crew arrives and the job requires a boot out arm, but the entire amount of boot out arms were needed for some other crews on a re-stringing job and the other yard that has lots (in another county) is 2 ½ hours away, besides you have traveled 45 minutes from the yard…

So the crew leader, who you don’t believe really knows what he’s doing but he is real good buddies with the GF, decides on some hair brained method and is not open to any kind of suggestion.

Now you can protest his decision and get you check, drag up and shut the crew down (either way will cause you a great deal of problems), or try to work with a work method that is not safe but you can make work.

This scenario goes on continually in every contractor, PAR, Henkels, Sturgeon, LE Myers, Haweye, Potelco, K-line and all the others.

It don’t change. The fact is there is very little training given to crews, particularly contractor crews, and the attitude is, “Get ‘er done!!” There is almost no penalties for companies or supervisors when “Get ‘er done!!!” turns into “I need an ambulance at…”.

When it comes down to it no one actually sees what happened and if they did there is no story the same.
And always it is, “He was up there breaking the rules and he knows that’s wrong. He has attended every weekly safety meeting, and we have his signature the attendance sheets, and knows that the company doesn’t condone that kind of work! He could have called the GF if he didn’t agree with the foreman and he knew it!”

When I hear, “This contractor’s a safety oriented company.” I understand it entirely.

It means “This contractor has spent a lot of money making a superb safety policy and hires a safety man and staff to keep all the paperwork on safety meetings, the topics and employees who attend properly filed so we can produce evidence on how safe we are when there is an accident.”

Unfortunately it means that any family surviving a lineman’s demise on the job is not going to get any information what-so-ever on what really happened. No company that practices “SAFETY” is ever going to allow any information out that may prove, or even suggest, it is not entirely a safety oriented company.

Until this trade has a standard, internationally recognised (and I don’t mean the IBEW), we will continue to experience the heart break now happening.

rgnizr
07-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Lisa and Jennifer,

Please accept my deepest sympathy for both of you and your family’s losses. When I read brother Tomlin’s daughter Katie’s comments about her daddy I had to fight back tears. People need to be reminded that tragedies like these affect many more people than just the worker. Lives are forever changed; children are forced to deal with the loss of a parent. That’s a lot to ask of a child.

In ’99 I helped carry the casket of one of my best friends past his young pregnant wife. Mike was 32. I have lost 3 other close friends to accidents in this trade. They were all preventable.

Since then, I have been working to promote higher standards for safety, training and worker benefits in our industry. In my work I have aquired information and experience dealing with DHE and you should know that the Davis H. Elliot Company stands out as one of the worst when it comes to safety and training.

Davis H. Elliot Company has been ignoring warnings, very direct, very specific, very recent warnings that their policies and practices are leading up to a catastrophic accident.

Yet a week after a horrific loss, another fatal accident occurred at Elliot. Why? Do you think money has anything to do with it? If after the first accident, DHE would have called all crews in and conducted some intense training and reviewed safety procedures with all employees, could the second accident have been prevented? I think so. What were they doing instead? Were they too busy circling the wagons and covering their asses?

The children left behind are worth fighting for and the families of those who might be injured or killed in the future are worth standing up for. Please remember that you are not alone and please don’t fear reaching out to people who share your concerns and are willing to help. Professional help is available too and you should strongly consider it. I personally would recommend you talk to Rusty White because he’s one of us and he is passionate about all the things that matter to the working families in our industry. Whoever you choose, I would be happy to provide specific information about DHE’s safety and training problems that will undoubtedly strengthen your case.

Good luck and God bless.

LinemansGF
07-20-2006, 01:02 PM
To be honest any help and information I can get about Elliot would be great. Since my boyfriend, Vic Morris, got killed I have spent so much time digging up information and everything I can on this company. They are absolutely impossible to deal with. If you have nothing to hide then why don't they just come out in the open and tell us what happened? I have seen on some of the other posts where some of you have talked about accidents Elliot has had in Florida, and other states if you know anything about these can you please share them with me. Also, if any of you people have worked for Elliot or know anyone who has I'd love to talk to them too.

Thanks so much,
Jennifer

Lisa and Jennifer,

Please accept my deepest sympathy for both of you and your family’s losses. When I read brother Tomlin’s daughter Katie’s comments about her daddy I had to fight back tears. People need to be reminded that tragedies like these affect many more people than just the worker. Lives are forever changed; children are forced to deal with the loss of a parent. That’s a lot to ask of a child.

In ’99 I helped carry the casket of one of my best friends past his young pregnant wife. Mike was 32. I have lost 3 other close friends to accidents in this trade. They were all preventable.

Since then, I have been working to promote higher standards for safety, training and worker benefits in our industry. In my work I have aquired information and experience dealing with DHE and you should know that the Davis H. Elliot Company stands out as one of the worst when it comes to safety and training.

Davis H. Elliot Company has been ignoring warnings, very direct, very specific, very recent warnings that their policies and practices are leading up to a catastrophic accident.

Yet a week after a horrific loss, another fatal accident occurred at Elliot. Why? Do you think money has anything to do with it? If after the first accident, DHE would have called all crews in and conducted some intense training and reviewed safety procedures with all employees, could the second accident have been prevented? I think so. What were they doing instead? Were they too busy circling the wagons and covering their asses?

The children left behind are worth fighting for and the families of those who might be injured or killed in the future are worth standing up for. Please remember that you are not alone and please don’t fear reaching out to people who share your concerns and are willing to help. Professional help is available too and you should strongly consider it. I personally would recommend you talk to Rusty White because he’s one of us and he is passionate about all the things that matter to the working families in our industry. Whoever you choose, I would be happy to provide specific information about DHE’s safety and training problems that will undoubtedly strengthen your case.

Good luck and God bless.

mscheuerer
07-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Jen,

www.oshrc.gov/decisions/html_2005/04-0836.html
www.oshrc.gov/decisions/html_2005/03-1362.html
http://psc.ky.gov/order_vault/Orders_1998/199800054_02041998.pdf
www.courts.state.va.us/opinions/opncavtx/2240954.txt
www.courts.state.va.us/opinions/opncavwp/0485004.doc
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=438119
http://caselaw.findlaw.com/scripts/getcase.pl?court=ok&vol=/supreme/2003/&invol=438119

LinemansGF
07-30-2006, 01:27 PM
As I'm sure most of you know, I'm Victor Morris, the 25 yr old lineman that got electrocuted in Ohio's girlfriend. He worked for Davis Elliot and died June 13. His family still has no reports from Davis Elliot or OSHA about what happened. Do any of you know how long these reports normally take, or are they all just dragging their feet in coming up with explanations about what happened? We still have heard nothing from Davis Elliot which is no surprise to any of us. Also, can anyone tell me the number of ground experience hours your supposed to have before your able to be on a pole? I appreciate all your guys help, cause I have no clue about this line of work, but now were left digging and looking for answers. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it, if you'd whether send it to me personally my email is (swtnssy03@yahoo.com) or feel free to call my cell at (304)481-4983. Also, I'm sure this won't happen but if there are any Davis Elliot lineman on here that have heard anything or were part of the crew that day it would mean the world if you would call and tell me what happened or what you know. You don't have to tell me your name or anything else, I just need to know.

Thanks,
Jennifer

lisa
10-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Do you know how I can get a copy of the report of Marshall Dean Tomlin's OSHA report? I am the mother of his 3 children. Thank you so much......We have yet to get any answers from Davis H Elliot.

Just found out about another fatality at Davis H Elliot that happened on June 6th. Had a good friend at OSHA search for OSHA form 36 (Report of fatality)on Davis Elliot this morning. They have two confirmed kills, one on June 6 in VA, and one on June 13 in OH.

From the June 6th accident:
Marshall Dean Tomlin, 37, of Monroe, passed away Tuesday, June 6, 2006 in Shenandoah County.
Born October 25, 1968, in Lynchburg, he was the son of Marshall O. Tomlin and the late Etta Lee Burnette Tomlin. He was a lineman with Davis H. Elliott Electrical Contractors, Roanoke.

I don't have much detail of the accident yet but it was said to be a hot mac draped into the bottom of the bucket with him when he backed into 14.4.

He had three kids but if you want to hear what his daughter Katie had to say, click this link and read her post. http://www.legacy.com/NewsAdvance/Guestbook.asp?Page=GuestBook&PersonId=18034028&GuestPage=2 Sad, sad, sad.

lewisgwen2
10-14-2006, 07:20 PM

Hi I'am the mother of victor and as of oct. 13 th my son has been dead 4 month no answer please help me

lewisgwen2
10-14-2006, 07:22 PM
So sorry to hear about this tragedy. Our prayers are with the family. This stuff needs to stop. :mad:
Thank you for your prayers . but answer of why i lost my son i need just as much please help

electric squirrel
10-15-2006, 02:01 PM
It is not just D H Eliot that acts like this. I have worked for many contractors, large and small, and there is little difference between them. All claim that any equipment or tool necessary will be promptly supplied at any time.

“Don’t do anything unsafe cause we’re a safe company” they say. Anyone who has spent ay time with contractors knows the real story. The crew leader (foreman, sub foreman, whatever) gets a handful of work orders, when working units, and out you go.

You can’t carry everything on a line truck and bucket truck and so when the crew arrives and the job requires a boot out arm, but the entire amount of boot out arms were needed for some other crews on a re-stringing job and the other yard that has lots (in another county) is 2 ½ hours away, besides you have traveled 45 minutes from the yard…

So the crew leader, who you don’t believe really knows what he’s doing but he is real good buddies with the GF, decides on some hair brained method and is not open to any kind of suggestion.

Now you can protest his decision and get you check, drag up and shut the crew down (either way will cause you a great deal of problems), or try to work with a work method that is not safe but you can make work.

This scenario goes on continually in every contractor, PAR, Henkels, Sturgeon, LE Myers, Haweye, Potelco, K-line and all the others.

It don’t change. The fact is there is very little training given to crews, particularly contractor crews, and the attitude is, “Get ‘er done!!” There is almost no penalties for companies or supervisors when “Get ‘er done!!!” turns into “I need an ambulance at…”.

When it comes down to it no one actually sees what happened and if they did there is no story the same.
And always it is, “He was up there breaking the rules and he knows that’s wrong. He has attended every weekly safety meeting, and we have his signature the attendance sheets, and knows that the company doesn’t condone that kind of work! He could have called the GF if he didn’t agree with the foreman and he knew it!”

When I hear, “This contractor’s a safety oriented company.” I understand it entirely.

It means “This contractor has spent a lot of money making a superb safety policy and hires a safety man and staff to keep all the paperwork on safety meetings, the topics and employees who attend properly filed so we can produce evidence on how safe we are when there is an accident.”

Unfortunately it means that any family surviving a lineman’s demise on the job is not going to get any information what-so-ever on what really happened. No company that practices “SAFETY” is ever going to allow any information out that may prove, or even suggest, it is not entirely a safety oriented company.

Until this trade has a standard, internationally recognised (and I don’t mean the IBEW), we will continue to experience the heart break now happening.
Ditto on what Bag says! We all know it goes on , but we need to put a stop to it! A lot of companies talk the talk but dont follow up after that Monday morning safety chat.Big freakin' deal you gotta safety guy who shows up on your job, does he carry a ticket in his pocket,and does he know what the hell he is looking at when he is there! Just because he's a suck ass and fills out good legible tailboard forms dont mean he has any bussiness telling me how to stick the 12 kv , when he aint on the pole with me! BUT he can write me up for no wheel chockes or cones!Get a clue and pay attention to the real hazzards of our profession! And have enough balls to stand up to the Foreman or GF and tell them that you aint gonna do no half ass " get 'er done" kind of BS. Shut the job down till you get the right tools or equipment! Yeah, we are LINEMAN (well, I will be in a few months) a bunch of bad ass,tough as the hubs of hell kind of dudes,can get any type of job done kinda guys! But if you keep shortcut'n shit, the end for you is just around the bend! I see a lot of other APES out there right now that dont know "come here from sick 'em! , so they just do what they are told, even if its some stupid shit that puts themselves in harms way! " I'am afraid to get fired" or " I'am afraid they will transfer me" is always what comes out of there mouths.SO WHAT ! Risk loose'n a limb or an eye or gettin' killed or yet even worse KILLING another person, just cause' you were afraid to speak your mind and stand up for what is right! I dont know about the rest of you but thats why I joined the IBEW , so I would have somebody to watch my ass and teach me the correct, safe, way to do things! I cant see why some Foreman are so "job scared" that they have a whole different personality when they arent around management, if you got one of them tickets in your pocket and earned it , then you shoulndnt be scared of goin to the hall! Right now I've got a GREAT foreman, and lineman, even a kickass 3'rd step ape! We all have a say on how we do OUR job, none of that gotta make " So and So'' money so we have a job kinda BS. Maybe I'am wrong , but I aint gonna go to my linemans wife and say" I took a shortcut and it didnt work, now you've got no husband!" No matter who tells me I wont have a job,or that I'am getting shipped to BFE.I gotta live with MY decisions, besides I was looking for a job when I found this one ,right!? E.S.

BigClive
10-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Sounds like a big media expose on this companies management with all the kids who lost their dads being interviewed would make a sensational newpaper and TV story and might kick the Health and Safety guys up the ass.

From what I've read here the management of DHE should be charged with manslaughter for wilfully compromising on worker safety for profit.

Trampbag
10-15-2006, 05:53 PM
You’ve got it Clive.

There is nothing I’d like better than to have just that sort of thing up front and center on 60 Minutes. I have often thought that a memorial, like the Wall in DC, should be erected to all the linemen that have given their lives on the job. I was watching the funeral of a fireman the other day on the news and firefighters from all over the nation showed up to honor the fallen firefighter shown on the 6:00 NEWS. What do we get when we fall on the job?

Our wives and kids suffer financially, sometimes there is not enough money to give us a proper service then the companies withhold information and then say it was our own fault.

There are reasons an expose won't happen, though.

First it is not only DH Elliot that is guilty of this sort of behaviour, it is extremely wide spread in the industry, in both utilities and the contactors, in North America. If this was happening in the UK on the scale it is happening here there would be hell to pay but each state and province carefully guards it’s autonomy and each utility guards it’s individuality. There is no standard in the trade here.

Secondly the story would be hard for anyone outside the trade to portray properly and the electrical industry as a whole would have so many lawyers out with injunctions trying to stop the production that it would be a sea of suits. Also all the various OSH&As and WCBs would be disputing and discrediting every word said. I also think the networks would be afraid to produce such a show, afraid of the backlash.

BigClive
10-15-2006, 06:41 PM
First it is not only DH Elliot that is guilty of this sort of behaviour, it is extremely wide spread in the industry, in both utilities and the contactors, in North America. If this was happening in the UK on the scale it is happening here there would be hell to pay but each state and province carefully guards it’s autonomy and each utility guards it’s individuality. There is no standard in the trade here.

I'm not so sure it wouldn't be covered up in the UK in the same way. The Health and Safety executive in the UK are very much biased to the employers. I'm not sure if the HSE have a searchable database of every accident on the 'net. They should.

Nothing matters more than money these days. The UK lawyers are just as bad as the American ones. They operate for profit. Not justice.

There seems to be a strong bias towards multi-skill maintenance and installation companies here. The quality of basic electrical installations is absolutely jaw droppingly bad visually without even going as far as full wire by wire tests. The most important part of the "training" being given to these "multi-skilled" operatives is the disclaimer they sign at the end that ensures they take the stick for their screw ups.

I fear the days of proper training and properly mentored apprenticeships have gone.

Trampbag
10-15-2006, 07:12 PM
Ah, hell. I hate to hear that. Even under Maggie there was some standardization although there were a lot of “cowboys” then especially because of the boom that London was going through.

It was the EETPU that was big on cross skill or multi-skill training and were signing enabling agreements with any company that would consider it for better money. I didn’t quite know what to make of it at the time. I can’t remember the name of the president of the EETPU at the time but he was fairly right of centre. I guess it came back to bite you in the ass.

My opinion of liars, oops sorry – Freudian slip there, lawyers is generally pretty low.

lewisgwen2
10-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Ditto on what Bag says! We all know it goes on , but we need to put a stop to it! A lot of companies talk the talk but dont follow up after that Monday morning safety chat.Big freakin' deal you gotta safety guy who shows up on your job, does he carry a ticket in his pocket,and does he know what the hell he is looking at when he is there! Just because he's a suck ass and fills out good legible tailboard forms dont mean he has any bussiness telling me how to stick the 12 kv , when he aint on the pole with me! BUT he can write me up for no wheel chockes or cones!Get a clue and pay attention to the real hazzards of our profession! And have enough balls to stand up to the Foreman or GF and tell them that you aint gonna do no half ass " get 'er done" kind of BS. Shut the job down till you get the right tools or equipment! Yeah, we are LINEMAN (well, I will be in a few months) a bunch of bad ass,tough as the hubs of hell kind of dudes,can get any type of job done kinda guys! But if you keep shortcut'n shit, the end for you is just around the bend! I see a lot of other APES out there right now that dont know "come here from sick 'em! , so they just do what they are told, even if its some stupid shit that puts themselves in harms way! " I'am afraid to get fired" or " I'am afraid they will transfer me" is always what comes out of there mouths.SO WHAT ! Risk loose'n a limb or an eye or gettin' killed or yet even worse KILLING another person, just cause' you were afraid to speak your mind and stand up for what is right! I dont know about the rest of you but thats why I joined the IBEW , so I would have somebody to watch my ass and teach me the correct, safe, way to do things! I cant see why some Foreman are so "job scared" that they have a whole different personality when they arent around management, if you got one of them tickets in your pocket and earned it , then you shoulndnt be scared of goin to the hall! Right now I've got a GREAT foreman, and lineman, even a kickass 3'rd step ape! We all have a say on how we do OUR job, none of that gotta make " So and So'' money so we have a job kinda BS. Maybe I'am wrong , but I aint gonna go to my linemans wife and say" I took a shortcut and it didnt work, now you've got no husband!" No matter who tells me I wont have a job,or that I'am getting shipped to BFE.I gotta live with MY decisions, besides I was looking for a job when I found this one ,right!? E.S.
I no what you are saying my son was told by his super that he was going to kick his ass when he got down off the bucket how does he have that right when i never layed my hands on my son .

lewisgwen2
10-15-2006, 11:39 PM
You’ve got it Clive.

There is nothing I’d like better than to have just that sort of thing up front and center on 60 Minutes. I have often thought that a memorial, like the Wall in DC, should be erected to all the linemen that have given their lives on the job. I was watching the funeral of a fireman the other day on the news and firefighters from all over the nation showed up to honor the fallen firefighter shown on the 6:00 NEWS. What do we get when we fall on the job?

Our wives and kids suffer financially, sometimes there is not enough money to give us a proper service then the companies withhold information and then say it was our own fault.

There are reasons an expose won't happen, though.

Secondly the story would be hard for anyone outside the trade to portray properly and the electrical industry as a whole would have so many lawyers out with injunctions trying to stop the production that it would be a sea of suits. Also all the various OSH&As and WCBs would be disputing and discrediting every word said. I also think the networks would be afraid to produce such a show, afraid of the backlash.
Some one should stand up for the falling brothers and the ones that are still alive. And I will not stop until someone pays for what they did to my son i will never stop.

rusty
10-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Brothers and Sister,

The only way this will ever change, is when the utilities and companies think as much of those who sacrifice their limbs and lives and these Brothers families , AS THEY DO THE CEO'S AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!! The only way that WILL EVER HAPPEN, is when it cost more to face the families of our fallen Brothers than it does to have REAL SAFETY AND TRAINING!!! FACT!!!

We can not depend on anybody not the FEDS, State, NOBODY!! WE MUST PROTECT OUR OWN, PERIOD!!! Those in our trade and those wanting to become linemen, are IN MORE DEMAND THAN EVER BEFORE!!! Yet these utilities and companies have not realized, if they created an environment that supported and was fair to those in this trade, THEY WOULD HAVE EVERY LINEMAN AND FUTURE LINEMEN KNOCKING DOWN THEIR DOOR! No they figure our limbs and lives are just a line item of possible profit loss, BSSSSSSSSS! If just one of these big players would step forward and put those who are IN DANGER AND BUILDING the profits for those IN NO DANGER AT ALL, FIRST! They would control this whole industry! AND IT COULD BE DONE! I know if I was still out there in my hooks, and a company was part of a plan that let S.A.C. give my wife a MILLION or so dollars if I got killed or maimed WITHOUT HAVING TO BEG OR FIGHT IN COURT WHILE NOT ADMITTING FAULT by anybody, I would do my best to work for that company! WOULDN'T WE ALL!!!

Now there is a DREAM, and for it to happen they would have to care about the workers as much as they do their CEO's!!!!! So we have NO OTHER OPTION THAN TO FIGHT FOR JUSTICE! I’ll be damned if I'll sit by and watch a Brother nor a family beg for justice, the fact they even have to IS AN INSULT TO US ALL!!!

STAND UP, "" NOBODY "" IS MORE WORTHY THAN THOSE WHO GIVE THEIR LIVES AND LIMBS AND THEIR FAMILIES LEFT BEHIND, "" NOBODY "", PERIOD!

lewisgwen2
10-17-2006, 07:53 AM
Brothers and Sister,

The only way this will ever change, is when the utilities and companies think as much of those who sacrifice their limbs and lives and these Brothers families , AS THEY DO THE CEO'S AND THEIR FAMILIES!!!! The only way that WILL EVER HAPPEN, is when it cost more to face the families of our fallen Brothers than it does to have REAL SAFETY AND TRAINING!!! FACT!!!

We can not depend on anybody not the FEDS, State, NOBODY!! WE MUST PROTECT OUR OWN, PERIOD!!! Those in our trade and those wanting to become linemen, are IN MORE DEMAND THAN EVER BEFORE!!! Yet these utilities and companies have not realized, if they created an environment that supported and was fair to those in this trade, THEY WOULD HAVE EVERY LINEMAN AND FUTURE LINEMEN KNOCKING DOWN THEIR DOOR! No they figure our limbs and lives are just a line item of possible profit loss, BSSSSSSSSS! If just one of these big players would step forward and put those who are IN DANGER AND BUILDING the profits for those IN NO DANGER AT ALL, FIRST! They would control this whole industry! AND IT COULD BE DONE! I know if I was still out there in my hooks, and a company was part of a plan that let S.A.C. give my wife a MILLION or so dollars if I got killed or maimed WITHOUT HAVING TO BEG OR FIGHT IN COURT WHILE NOT ADMITTING FAULT by anybody, I would do my best to work for that company! WOULDN'T WE ALL!!!

Now there is a DREAM, and for it to happen they would have to care about the workers as much as they do their CEO's!!!!! So we have NO OTHER OPTION THAN TO FIGHT FOR JUSTICE! I’ll be damned if I'll sit by and watch a Brother nor a family beg for justice, the fact they even have to IS AN INSULT TO US ALL!!!

STAND UP, "" NOBODY "" IS MORE WORTHY THAN THOSE WHO GIVE THEIR LIVES AND LIMBS AND THEIR FAMILIES LEFT BEHIND, "" NOBODY "", PERIOD!
We spoke after my son died I need adresses to leg. who every it is to stop this from happen to any other mothers child PLEASE. thank for you time and understanding the day we talked but my ex-daughter law would not sign of for you to go to work.

rusty
10-17-2006, 12:20 PM
lewisgwen2,

I hope and pray they are taking steps to protect themselves? It would help you a lot to shoot Lnemn's Mom a private e-mail. She to lost her son, and has had some luck in getting things started in her state. Just find one of her post and click on her name. But from my experience the only thing that will turn this around IS US STANDING TOGETHER AND DEMANDING JUSTICE!!!!

BigClive
10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
I think a memorial to fallen linemen would be quite shocking to most people. It would have to be updated almost every week and seeing an exoanding column of plaques on an ongoing daily basis might make people realise just what a dangerous trade it is.

Trampbag
10-17-2006, 03:22 PM
Ditto. How???

How can we get together to do a memorial to our fallen brothers, one that would shame the companies into initiating safer working conditions, when we can’t get over the union vs non-union or utility vs contractor on this site. Any suggestions Swamprat?????????

linemanswife98
10-27-2006, 05:37 AM
Two traveling angels

Keep reading to the bottom of the page -- don't
stop at the feet (You'll see).
Two traveling angels stopped to spend the night
in the home of a wealthy family.
The family was rude and refused to let the angels stay in the mansion's guest room.
Instead the angels were given a small space in the cold basement.
As they made their bed on the hard floor, the older angel saw a hole in the wall and repaired it.
When the younger angel asked why, the older angel replied,
"Things aren't always what they seem."
The next night the pair came to rest at the house of a very poor, but very hospitable farmer and his wife.
After sharing what little food they had the couple let the angels sleep in their bed where they could have a good night's rest.
When the sun came up the next morning the angels found the farmer and his wife in tears.
Their only cow, whose milk had been their sole income, lay dead in the field.
The younger angel was infuriated and asked the older angel how could you have let this happen?
The first man had everything, yet you helped him, she accused.
The second family had little but was willing to share everything, and you let the cow die.
"Things aren't always what they seem," the older angel replied.
"When we stayed in the basement of the mansion, I
noticed there was gold stored in that hole in the wall.
Since the owner was so obsessed with greed and unwilling to share his good fortune, I sealed the
wall so he wouldn't find it."
"Then last night as we slept in the farmers bed, the angel of death came for his wife. I gave him
the cow instead.

Things aren't always what they seem."

Sometimes that is exactly what happens when things don't turn out the way they should. If you have faith, you just need to trust that every out come
is always to your advantage. You just might not know it until some time later
Some people
come into our lives
and quickly go..

oooO
( ) Some people
\ ( become friends
\_ ) and stay awhile....

leaving beautiful
footprints on our
hearts...

oooO
( ) and we are
\ ( never
\_ ) quite the same
because we have
made a good
friend!!

Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow a mystery.
Today is a gift.
That's why it's called the present!

I think you and your family are special...live and savor every moment of the time you have and remember everyone goes before the maker... This is not a dress rehearsal! The greed and wrong doing will never be rewarded like the reward your son has recieved now that he is in heaven.

(\ /)
( \ __ / )
( / \ ) TAKE THIS LITTLE ANGEL
( \()/ ) AND KEEP HER CLOSE TO YOU
/ \ SHE IS YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL
( ) SENT TO WATCH OVER YOU

May god always bless you and your grandbabies, you know how to get ahold of me if you just want to talk your friend in WV