PDA

View Full Version : LineGod(s)

LostArt
06-21-2006, 10:51 PM
Your definition please.

Outlaw Lineman
06-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Usually some young lineman who thinks he knows more than he really does.

Stanman, at ComEdy Il.
06-21-2006, 11:51 PM
Some jag-off that has a head that won't fit in any hardhat! No such animal in my eyes! If he's a GOD, he must be dead! :rolleyes:

otpig2
06-21-2006, 11:54 PM
LostArt

it is the 29 year apprentice(years of service)

CenterPointEX
06-22-2006, 12:42 AM
I think he is like the Poker God's cousin or something... I think that is how the Gnostic Gospels define him... or maybe it's the Wisdom of those who were marytered in the line of duty, that we would no longer do it the way they done it and got themselves lit up like the fourth of July and exited Stage Left ala the games in Logans Run... Who can forget?

zapman3021
06-22-2006, 07:22 AM
Line God ehhhh hmmmm are you meant to pray to them is there more than one is the line god a man or a girl...........to have these questions and more answered consult the linies bible........if you can find it.....but to be honest it is a term completely new to me here down under i have never heard it used

LostArt
06-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Line God ehhhh hmmmm are you meant to pray to them is there more than one is the line god a man or a girl...........to have these questions and more answered consult the linies bible........if you can find it.....but to be honest it is a term completely new to me here down under i have never heard it used

New to me too Zapman! :D Actually I figured out the "term" for one and it's usually not in a nice "light". If you look at Outlaw's, Stanman's, Swamp's.............that was the impression/definition that was used in a conversation I had recently...............or sorta........close to it anyway! :D

However, I didn't know that a "linegod" could also be held in reverence or honor.

Sno10
06-23-2006, 12:18 AM
Before and during construction= The engineer who's intials are on the prints. They can't be wrong since they are engineers and are smarter than a lineman so they are a "Linegod".

After Construction=dispatcher sitting behind the computer in the dispatch center who you talk to on the radio. They have to be God over the lines. So they are the "Linegods"

During maintenance procedures=The JL old and young both that can't be wrong. The apprentice who knows it all according to him.

Many different "Linegods" associated with line work.

Lizzy Borden
06-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Wow....I had many pleasant images pop in my head.

The Verizon guy setting a pole with no shirt on.........I almost hit a parked car looking.

Virginia Power & Light had some real nice representatives. The Jersey Shore lineman with the tans.

Sorry guys we look......so be on your best behavior........

Yes, I believe in Line Gods.

We do have a lineman nicknamed God.........he is in love with himself and thinks he is the only one with knowledge so I hear.

LostArt
06-23-2006, 11:31 PM
Heh, heh, heh.................oh Lizzy............you are such a dag gum riot!!! :D

Lizzy Borden
06-23-2006, 11:39 PM
Now I know why they make them keep their shirts on.

I need some of those tinted cop glasses.

graybeard
06-24-2006, 12:26 AM
Had a guy who came from the GAS METER REPAIR SHOP to be an app. He washed out and when he went back told the guys at the meter shop that you had to have a XXL size shirt and an extra small hard hat. Doe's that count?

zapman3021
06-24-2006, 11:42 PM
Well due to the lack of woman on our worksites i would start to get a little more than worried if the blokes started taking thier shirts off...........especially if they stared to rub oil into each other

tramp67
06-27-2006, 08:51 PM
I've worked with more than a few guys that would probably make Lizzy run the other way when they had their shirts off - made me wish it was nighttime!

BigClive
06-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Had a guy who came from the GAS METER REPAIR SHOP to be an app. He washed out and when he went back told the guys at the meter shop that you had to have a XXL size shirt and an extra small hard hat. Doe's that count?

I take it he had an extra small shirt to go with his extra small hard hat.

Sounds like "small person" syndrome to me. I get it all the time. They absolutely hate big people. :)

woody
06-28-2006, 08:54 PM
Lizzy...don't wanna see me without a shirt unless YOU do have sunglasses on girl! See I'm up in the northwest and were pale. Don't know any line god's though... although I once saw somebody that looked like Henry Miller. woody

LostArt
06-30-2006, 04:50 PM
LMAO @ Woody! :D

Since this post, I got aggrivated at the boss the other night. As you all know, (and I KNOW you know this....and don't be denying you don't do this) I do from time to time lose some patience with him. Especially when he shows his arrogance!!

Anyway, he was ripping me up one side and down the other and I stood there with my hands on my hips glaring at him and said, "Oooooh............well, aren't you just the line gawd!!" He paused, looked at me, and threw his head back laughing. He laughed so hard and so much, I started grinning! Then I forgot what in the world I was so firin' mad at him about! :D

BigClive
06-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Oh look! There's a picture of a "line god" in the photo's section....

http://www.powerlineman.com/pictures/2005/april/thomas.htm

BigClive
07-01-2006, 06:14 AM
Well if the weather was nice... Y'know, hot but not too sunny? :)

And maybe if the pole was firm but not ragged. Nice to climb but low risk of skelves...

So how do naturists do their power distribution? What's the flashburn like? :eek:

graybeard
07-02-2006, 06:06 PM
I take it he had an extra small shirt to go with his extra small hard hat.

Sounds like "small person" syndrome to me. I get it all the time. They absolutely hate big people. :)
It wasn't so much about big people as it was it was harder work for the money than he thought it was. He just looked at the pay and thought he could do the work. It ended up being alot more than he could handle.