PDA

View Full Version : Bush

Racer X
07-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I don't understand how any sort of Christian would or did vote for Bush.....

PS: seven out of nine supreme court judges where appointed by republicans.

LostArt
07-08-2006, 10:16 AM
Aaawwww.............now Swamp.....you are showin' your "adopted" gun totin' redneck ways buddy. :D

I'm razzin' ya, you know I am!

topgroove
07-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I hate to comment on stuff like this but I wish The democratic party would stay only slightly left of center. To many Americans are turned off to the party with all the left wing liberal nutjobs. For a democrat to actually win an election they would have to win some red states. Who the hell I they even gonna nominate for 2008? Gore blew up like overinflated beach ball and insists were all gonna baked alive by global warming in ten years. Hiliary is un-electable but may carry some votes as a VP. The only ligitamate democrate I could vote for at this point would be The senator from Illanois, Barac Obama . I'm afraid he'd have no chance of winning any Southern red state though. America needs a change of leadership only problem I see no heavy hitters stepping up to the plate.

dbrown20
07-08-2006, 11:34 AM
that the Democrats would have an easy time this go around as stupid as the Bush administration has been. However I expect the Democrats will once again shoot them selves in the foot.

I agree this country sure needs a change in leadership. dbrown20

Orgnizdlbr
07-08-2006, 04:48 PM
that the Democrats would have an easy time this go around as stupid as the Bush administration has been. However I expect the Democrats will once again shoot them selves in the foot.

I agree this country sure needs a change in leadership. dbrown20

In order to have a change in "leadership" a nation first needs to have leadership.
Mr. W does not lead...he follows orders from his VP and others.....

Orgnizdlbr
07-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Labor, you and I been talkin a long time man. I respect you, but I got to tell ya,... that's total crap.
Now that you've said that, how bout tellin us WHAT you would like to see the President of your choice do for "Leadership of America". I'm ALL friggin EARS.
SPEAK.

First and foremost, where in my statement did I say I would only vote for a Democrat?

Now my choice for leadership in the USA would not be a guy who erodes laws made to protect the little man. He would not be a guy who stacked the Supreme Court with people who's view of the Rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights were meant to be trounced by big business and the proletariate. The guy I vote for would not make statements like" sending american jobs offshore is good for the American economy" The man I vote for would note suspend Federal law in times like the New Orleans disaster, specifically the suspension of "Davis Bacon". Mr. Bush suspends Davis Bacon so the people of the New Orleans area, who many of whom lost everything, can work for half the prevailing wage while contractors like Halliburton can make more during the restoration process.

The man I vote for wont send US troops of to fight an unecessary war, for personal vendetta, while real threats exist, namely Kim Jung Ill, and the Iranians nuclear threat.

The man I vote for, when he sends our precious son and daughters to war, would have real compassion...he wouldnt give speaches about bravery without spending Federal $$$ in the rehabilitation of our brave young men and women who have been maimed and wounded. The fact that he wont push for state of the art medical facilities to care for our young men and women is dispicable. True American leaders in the private sector have stepped up and are building a rehab hospital in Texas because Bush wasnt interested. The "Fallen Heroes Fund" took the bull by the horns because old W is just a bag of bullshit. Those are the qualities I look for in Leadership. Not some phony chickenhawk who goes to visit the proud 82nd AB to have them sing "Happy Birthday Mr. President" just for his personal gratification and a fucking photo op. Mr. Bush, if you want to earn real respect and display leadership, go down to your home state of Texas dig into that deep pocket of yours pull out some of that "Bush fortune" and add a wing to the rehab hospital being built by the Fallen heroes fund, now thats a photo op I would applaud.....the fact that private dollars has to build that place is a national fucking disgrace...anyone who doesnt see that isnt smart enough for me to waste any more breath on!

dbrown20
07-09-2006, 11:06 AM
G.W. is no leader. It seems evident that he lets his VP and perhaps Rumsfeld run things. If you will check you will see that as Gov. of Texas he was not even the number one person in the Texas Govt. when he was Gov. Texas has a strange setup. The most powerful person is the Lieut. Gov. and the number 2 person is the Attorney Gen., then the Gov. It seems they set this up back in reconstruction days to try and keep the carpetbaggers from taking over the state govt. As far as Kerry not knowing who Osama Ben Laden was, hell, W. didn't even know who was president of Pakistan. This illegal immigration stuff is just a smoke screen to keep attention off of Iraq I guess. Couple of years ago, noone even worried about the illegals. I think history will not be kind to W. dbrown20

Orgnizdlbr
07-09-2006, 12:30 PM
I remember Oliver North, when being questioned by senator kerry on capital hill, saying, "I'm afraid of Osamah Bin Laden ". kerry didn't even know who the hell he was talkin about. That was YEARS before 9-11. Nobody was payin attention. The hearings were too distracted by Fawn Hill, and the "relationship", and the "politics" to hear what North was saying. He saw it, way back then.

North was a patsy who took the fall for his bosses. He was fed information about what was going on and covered his bosses asses.

You want info on the real Ollie North, read the "Nightinggales song" the books about "real" heroes like John McCain, not the phony that north is.........

Orgnizdlbr
07-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Does America REALLY believe, "negotiation", without the "Big Stick" approach...in THIS day and age is really viable? Come on..."Really"??

Swamp, are you advocating negotiation?

Only a fool would negotiate from a possition of weakness, no matter what the subject!

Lets see how the little Chickenhawk deals with Kim Jung Ill and the Iranian dictator....

zapman3021
07-10-2006, 05:07 AM
Well i am an aussie and i would swap our prime minister little johny hitler howard for bush anyday.....

Orgnizdlbr
07-10-2006, 09:04 AM
Naw....I'm generally happy with George. I just blow off all the Halliburton comments. Govt IS Big business, and there ARE connections. There ALWAYS will be. Democrat of Republican. And if you think ANY Govt or President is gonna go to war with Big Business....Heh, heh, heh.....you just have no reality in your life. :-) :-)

Without Big Business....there would be no America. But...I can understand your bitchin....bein Union and all. :-)

I'm glad you're happy with W....you misunderstand my problem with big business, you talk about protecting America, big business should do the same......no-one said a President was going to war with big business, but the man in the Whitehouse shouldnt goe to war with the nations workers either, its all there in black and white, read what he did through the NLRB, investigate what he dihd to DOD workers, his record is repleat with legislation meant to subjegate the working man...if you arent interested in investigating those and other issues, you'll never, ever have realty in your life either my friend ;)

You can charectorize my rants as bitchin, thats fine, I'm just trying to enlighten someone who I have come to respect, our politics are certainly from opposite spectrums, but we are the same you and I, a couple of LINEMAN trying to do the right thing......http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/icons/icon6.gif

Orgnizdlbr
07-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Well i am an aussie and i would swap our prime minister little johny hitler howard for bush anyday.....

Did you vote for your PM?

Orgnizdlbr
07-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Well...sit back and watch. Union workers are WAY overpaid for what they do.
Sorry. Unions little "nich" is on the downslide. There's other places to go for the same "quality" work man. Big Business is "takin options". Unions ain't worth dealin with no more.

Key word is "Profit". There's people willin to work for a Damn good wage... a hell of alot less than Union....and still...........
For some businesses, that ain't enough...so they go overseas.

As you know, everything in life, politics, and work is cyclical. Myself, as an employee of a company, would be a fool to not want my employer to excel in business. If the employer does not excel what does it mean to me and my co-workers? It means cutbacks, layoffs, difficult negotiations and the like, who wants that? Not me. Now as far as union or workers in general, are some overpaid? I can certainly make that arguement, in an envirement where competition is keen certainly the wages of workers is critical. But the wages of all the workers are critical, not just us worker bees. you are pretty savvy with the net, do a search on compensation packages for some of the larger Utilities CEOs in the nation. See what John rowe of Exelon makes, see what Tony Alexander of FE makes, those two are a good jumpoff point. Why are they compensated at such outrageous scales? Do their compensation packages affect the company's bottom line? Is it right that some CEOs make tens on millions of $$$ and blame their workers for escalating costs to deliver products?

Just some food for thought Swamp.

Orgnizdlbr
07-11-2006, 05:43 PM
You and I CERTAINLY agree on that! It's just plain Stupid. I can see million dollar salarys for Top corporate execs,....I guess....
When you're running Billion dollar businesses, ya want the best at the top. I guess that's why they get such big salarys. That kind of talent is damn hard to find. The outrageous Bonus's and Comp packages though are like I said...friggin rediclouos! Take just half of those Bonus's and spread it down to the workers of those companys. Yeah....like THATs gonna happen.

I am not opposed to a CEO making a good salary but some of the compensation out there is absurd, I dont think ballplayers are worth what they get either.......there's a web site out there, I forget what the address is or who sponsors it but it tells you when the CEO of your company pays up his Social Security for the year, if I remember correctly the CEO of the company i work for has his SS paid on January one!

This trade has made a good life for me and my family, and I'm very thankful for it.

I totaly agree with and feel the same about your statement. I never asked or wanted nothing for nothing....just a good days wage for a good days work.

Orgnizdlbr
07-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Shit Labor...We just got to become "celebertys"!!! :-) :-) We're in the Wrong Job man!!! :-) :-)

Swamp, we're in the right job....people just have their priorities a little screwed up! Anyone doing our type of work certainly deserves celebrity status!! http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Orgnizdlbr
07-17-2006, 07:13 PM
The final 2005 CEO compensation numbers (http://www.aflcio.org/corporatewatch/paywatch/) are in, and the results are truly jaw-dropping. Leading the pack is Exxon Mobil Corp. CEO Lee Raymond, who stands to collect more than $8 million a year in retirement. According to The New York Times (http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=FA0812F93D5B0C768DDDAD0894DE4044 82), Raymond collected more than $686 million from 1993 to 2005 ($144,573 for each day he headed the company).

Not bad, $144 grand for every day at work..........wonder where gas prices will end Up.....

Orgnizdlbr
07-20-2006, 07:26 AM
Who would vote to institute gay marriage?

Who would vote to preserve snatching children from their mothers wombs and killing them i.e. abortion?

Who would vote to redifine family as two homos with an adopted teenage boy?

Who would vote to remove all crosses from military grave yards?

Who would vote to remove a preachers ability to preach against imorality in the pulpit?

Who would vote to remove In God We Trust from our currency?

Who would vote to remove "One Nation Under God" from the pledge?

Who would vote to remove all referance to our Christian herratige from the history books in our Public Schools?

Who would vote to remove the Ten Commandments plaque that hangs in the Supreme Court?

Who would vote to remove all referance to Christianity from all public properties?

These are platforms of the Democratic Party...

The person who would vote for the above, would vote against Bush.

Really........

topgroove
07-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Who would vote to institute gay marriage?

Hey, why should'nt they be miserable like the rest of us.

CenterPointEX
07-20-2006, 09:28 PM
You can wipe your ass on your bible centerpoint. Your radical bible thumpers signed your own death warrant. Fear not that which can harm the body Mr. Batts... Fear that which can harm the soul... Man does not live by bread alone but by every word that commeth forth from God... Do with them what you like Mr. Batts... I'll not be using them in the manor you perscribed... You know the more you talk, the more I see you have in common with the ideology of Stalin... A truly Godless Ideaology...

CenterPointEX
07-23-2006, 07:01 AM
I DON'T SEE THINGS YOUR WAY AND NOW AM A FUCKING COMMUNIST...Where ever I go when I die, I won't be surrounded by fools like you. Didn't say you were a communist... just said your ideaology and Stalins have similar veins...
..... So, you are thinking about where you will go when you die... If the only place you go when you die is into the earth; like so much refuge, then truely you will be surrounded by everyone who has gone before or after you... including me... But if'n Hell is real Mr. Batts... you will receive a fate worse than being surrounded by folks like me... Yes Siree... You will spend eternal solitude surrounded by a fella they call Mr. Steve Batts this side of the grave... Just Mr. Batts and no one else... I can only imagine...

I don't send my tithe to Tammy FAye or the likes of her... There are folks in the securities bussiness whose only purpose is to collect your dollars and send you worthless paper... There are folks who call themselves automechanics who will destroy your car and send you a bill... There are folks who call themselves limemen... well you get the picture... Judas called himself an apostle... and the was the treasurer of that little band of world changers... folks gave him money... So what?... God has lots of money... God has given you Talents Mr. Batts... Your abilities are not self inflicted... You have a free will just like Tammie Faye...