PDA

View Full Version : Question to the KIWIS ????

hightime
07-13-2006, 11:38 PM
Does anybody work for WEL energy?

Or has anybody heard how they are to work for?

DaveR
07-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Great bunch of guys, most of them have just left ENERGEX and moved over to WEL, as WEL has just started to take the Electrical maintainence,faults, etc. back on board itself. ENERGEX who I work for up in Auckland used to have the contract.

Hamilton is a medium sized town about 300 000 population and a rural electrical network supplying mainly farming areas and stretching to the coast on the west. They are always looking for people.

I think Auckland is better but that is my preference. I come from a big city so Auckland suits me. I am an immigrant and have been here 5 years and used to live and work in Hamilton.

hightime
07-16-2006, 12:29 PM
I am waiting to hear back from them soon . I am in Canada and want to go work over seas somewhere. They never said how much they pay or anything.
Do you know if they are union or not. I am a proud member of I.B.E.W 213.
Thanks agian .

upntheair
07-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Hi Dave

Check out the pay rates before you decide anything, also do a bit of research into cost of living. Above all working in NZ is a lifestyle choice as the co. will probably tell you. I've been here a year now and love it, the pace is slower and people real friendly. But money in the trade is very low compared to other places

upnthair