PDA

View Full Version : Got any nicknames?

LostArt
07-22-2006, 12:09 PM
I think someone posted this a while back. Might of been me, I don't remember. But, do any of you have a nickname folks call you? Either from co-workers, family or friends? How about telling us how you came to get this nickname?

Also, if you have started calling a friend, family or coworker a name, how did they get it?

The boss has dubbed so many nicknames to most any friend, family member...or coworker that half the time, I can't remember their given name! :D It is unreal. Wonder if this is only a southern thing or do any of you yankees do this? And for heaven's sake...........I mean "yankee" as a good thing! Gracious, help me out here Georgie....Loo........I ain't pickin' on these fellers.......at least not in a bad way! LOL! Good grief....now I worry I might hurt someone's feelings! Jeeze.

Anyway, I personally don't have one. Well, unless you can count what the bosses linemen friends call me.....which if you wanna know, you can PM me and I'll tell ya! But, I ain't gonna post it here! :D But, I will tell ya this, it came from me being a "smartybritches"....but they don't call me that.

So, let's hear the names and the stories behind the christening(s). :D

two blocked26
07-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Just look at my screen name and it is in referance to my personal life and not in the field :)

LostArt
07-24-2006, 10:15 PM
LOL! And the "26"????? :D

LINETRASH
07-24-2006, 10:40 PM
How 'bout "skidmark"?

This guy got that name from the results of a bad motorcycle accident.

"hice man"

He got his moniker from his heavy French Canadian accent, he always had to get som "hice" for his cooler.

"Larry the looter"

For his tendancy to go into storm damaged and abandoned homes to "look for stuff".

"The mighty Quinn"

For his amazing work ethic.

"Sweet Will"

'Cause he was anything but.

"Flash"

Due to the fact that he once got the shit kocked out of him while handling lead line that sank into distribution while pulling high line conductor.

"Billy backfeed"

Named by my friend for the fact that he left a trasformer in service with secondary on the ground.

Squizzy
08-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Google - trainee that has an un-nerving habbit of standing and staring at you with a grin on his face, freaks you out when you turn around and he is there doing it..... strange

Slip - he was sacked but he turned up one day with slippers on instead of his workboots lol..

Passion Fingers - because every job he touches he f#cks up

LostArt
08-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Ya mean on this website? Or in Linework?:cool: I got alot of nicknames here.:D

LMAO! And you shouldn't repeat them either! :D

(I had a long post here about the boss, but because I used so many ecomotion thingies, it gave me an error! Now I don't wanna start over! ULGH! )

zapman3021
08-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Google hahahahahahahahahahahahaha and he has no idea why we call him that........well i gave the ciggies up a two years ago and put on a bit of wieght as a result and the blokes started calling me bullfrog ( because they beleived my double chin was like a bull frogs ) and now that i have lost most of the weight they are calling me fredo ( fredo being the name of a chocalate candy frog here in australia ) :D

Hemingray Insulators
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
LMAO! And you shouldn't repeat them either! :D

(I had a long post here about the boss, but because I used so many ecomotion thingies, it gave me an error! Now I don't wanna start over! ULGH! )

Ya, Like Swamprat, I have too many nickname that shouldn be repeated either, all from school.

seems like my nickname on this site is Hemi which is also my nickname in the insulator collecting world (for my specialization in the Hemingray Glass Co, and one of the "nicer" school nicknames is Squirrel or Pole Monkey, due to me climbing poles for insulators WITH NO HOOKS :D I got a set of hooks now though, bought some with my B-Day Money :cool:

used to have a nickname of Mr. Consumers Energy but for certain resons I've demanded people quit callin me that :rolleyes: