PDA

View Full Version : What height boots????

JAKE
07-31-2006, 05:59 PM
ok i searched and searched.....

i think im gonna get a pair of hoffmans, i got in with the local coop and they climb ALOT. ive gotten spoiled by only having to climb 2 poles in 5 years.

i was thinkin about getting the 16" drilines or the 16" pole climbers. i was wondering if anybody knows the differnce between the 2 between the soles and the fact that one is water proof and the other isnt.

ive got the buckingham hooks with the 4" velcro pads. my current pair of boots are the redwings i love them for everything but climbing, no where near enough arch support.

im 6'3" tall so my legs are long enough to wear the 16"

im in north texas so it can get cold in the winter but not too bad, im hoping to be able to use theese most of the year and just break out the pacs in the ice storms. i would prefer to get the dri lines because nothings worse than wet feet. but still want the best climbing boot cause from what there saying im gonna be on hooks most of the time.

thanks

jake

JAKE
07-31-2006, 06:13 PM
oh yeah anywhere in the north texas area to look at the hoffmans i called them but they dont have a dealer in tx

CenterPointEX
07-31-2006, 06:28 PM
www.fwlsp.com (http://www.fwlsp.com) Farwest Line specialties has em. They come in the mail... My first two pair were the tall ones, but after climbing in the short ones for the last two years, I don't know why I ever bought the tall ones... I spent way to much time lacing em up... Mine a WEsco... I luv them...

What Coop Jake?

jack7474
07-31-2006, 06:29 PM
if you're looking for a good climbing boot, I would suggest whites or wesco. I've had a pair of hoffmans and they were the worst boots i ever owned. the other boots are a little more money, but very much worth it.

JAKE
07-31-2006, 10:46 PM
united in stephenville.

i think i still need to get EH and steel toe i didnt see that on the wesco's ill find out in the morning.

im gonna stick with the 10" then. i was leanin to the whites since i have a set of cowboy pacs and packers and love them but the 6-8weeks aint gonna cut it.

hmm back to undecided.....between the hoffman's and the wesco's now since the lead time wont work on the whites but its gonna come back to the EH and toes.

im gonna order them from farwest since ive ordered so much from them.

KyLineman
08-02-2006, 06:50 PM
I started with 10" hoffman's and then the 16" (to tall). Then the 12" hoffman's, tried the 16" driline and they are a good boot, I just didn't like them because they are to hot and thicker around the calf area ( I don't wear them). So I switched back to the 10" and did get the Driline from hoffman's. I like the lower cut boots, your legs breath more and not as hot. I climb maybe 4-5 times a week low cut is the way to go, Dry feet are a plus too.

a78jumper
08-05-2006, 08:56 AM
10 inch Viberg Linemans here, the height works just fine for me.

JAKE
08-09-2006, 10:34 PM
im back to the 10" hoffman drilines or the whites, i might just get some goretex liners from cabelas and keep them in my gear bag. i have the time frame to get whites so i think im gonna go that route.

man the coop does a THOUROGH background check, kinda nice though knowing your gonna be around a good crew.

BigClive
08-10-2006, 07:31 AM
I might have asked this before... But do the breathable boots and socks realy work for keeping feet dry?

Then again, with size UK15 (US16) feet I bet they aren't available in my size anyway. (Not much else is.)

Alan Mac
08-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Jeez Clive, I thought my mates were big at UK11. Bet you never fall over forwards!
Have fun in the old country.

Mac

BigClive
08-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Yeah, strangely enough I don't seem to fall over very often. It's a bit of a grind having to go down to the crossroads to turn round though. :)

Strangely enough I get my steel toecap boots from ebay easy enough.

JAKE
08-13-2006, 10:07 PM
my current pair of redwings with the goretex have kept my feet dry for the most part. theres just some days when your wading in the water or sweatin like a whore in confession and your feet wont stay dry no matter what ya do, and no matter how much glove dust you use... but the goretex has been worth the extra $$ just gotta have something i can climb in cause thoose suck to climb in.

cabelas has alot of the bigguy stuff i bet they have them in that big of a size.

Line Cowboy
08-25-2006, 11:48 PM
what is the best way to order boots havin a real hard time with not tryin em on before i by them

JAKE
09-02-2006, 08:38 AM
i ended up getting a pair of hoffman 16" off ebay that had only been wore 2x for less than $100, so ill just use them for climbin and keep my goretex redwings round for when im on the ground.

ordering boots, call or get on the mfg's websites and find where you got a local dealer to find if they got what your looking for instock so ya can try them on. then order them online to save the $$$$ ive found redwings are the most avalible to find in stores most everywhere. i didnt have a hoffman or whites dealer anywhere close to me at all. you wont find many whites in stores though since most of there boots are made to order.