PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use the Dennis Merchant Program before??

Ryan
08-06-2006, 09:28 PM
I know there's a lot of places that use this program for there apprentices, just wondering.....In the books do you have to turn in the assignments or if your confident on a subject can you skip it and just do the online test.
I know they of course want you to do the assignments but some of it's just remedial topics we just covered in powerline school.
So anyone just go ahead and take the tests? :confused:

apprenticeCB
08-08-2006, 08:28 PM
I am in the second year, the work pages are for you and do not get turn in or graded, they are merely for your use to study. each section of the work book contains 3 to 4 sections, then you take a multiple guess test constisting of 33 questions, when you are done it gets faxed to Merchant offfices, and usually with in 5 mintued they fax back you results. The program is fairly easy to understand. I work under 3 Journeyman that completed the course, they all said it was realativly easy as long as you do your studying, and dont wait until the night before a test to cram. Each book of the 4 years prg contains 10 sections, after you complete those there is a 100 question multipul guess final on all you have learned from the book. Also each test will have things from the previous tests and when you enter the 2nd year there are questions from the prior years learning, and that continues all the way to the end. When all 4 books are completed there is I believe a 300 question final exam on all 4 years.
hope this has helped you out. if you want more info email me at marsh370@yahoo.com
Marshall

playtime
08-12-2006, 11:27 PM
I know there's a lot of places that use this program for there apprentices, just wondering.....In the books do you have to turn in the assignments or if your confident on a subject can you skip it and just do the online test.
I know they of course want you to do the assignments but some of it's just remedial topics we just covered in powerline school.
So anyone just go ahead and take the tests? :confused:

I have completed the Merchant program years ago. It is best to hit the books if you are just out of school. Get as much done as you can while it is still fresh in your mind.