PDA

View Full Version : The Russians are comming!!!!!!!!

TEX
08-08-2006, 10:22 PM
THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING
Russia's state-owned energy company, Gazprom, holder of the world's largest natural gas reserves, is ready to enter U.S. energy markets. Gazprom has already entered the U.S. LNG market. Potential U.S. acquisition targets include natural gas pipelines, electric power plants or other assets upstream and downstream, according to Russian energy experts. Read this article online at www.energybizmag.com.
EnergyBiz magazine - July 31, 2006 (News Release)

What do you guys think of this crap! Your ass holes in Washington are selling us out to the Ruskies NOW! The ports and airlines weren't enough, now the idiots over in "Foggy Bottom" want to give the Russians our Utilities! I hope you're all listening! Call your representatives in Washington and tell the Idiots that we shouldn't sell our national assets. They're too important and strategic to OUR best interests. You gotta be kidding.........

Squizzy
08-09-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry you feel like that Tex but what do you think all the US owned multi-national companies do overseas?

TEX
08-09-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm sorry you feel like that Tex but what do you think all the US owned multi-national companies do overseas?

Show me the ones that own the power grids squizzy. Our Congress passed a law in the late 1930's that forebade international companies or foreign nationaly owned companies from owning public utilities in this country for the reason of national security. Of course congress could see the war looming in the distance and they new these "national hard assets" should not be owned by foreign concerns! Public power systems, communications (phone), water utilities and gas transmission and distribution systems. It was a matter of "national security" (in their own words). Your politicos (and I won't name names), got rid of that law in the early 90's so we could offer up these important assets to the Russians and Arabs? Great idea sqizzy.

Trampbag
08-10-2006, 07:38 PM
At one time, and maybe still, North Scotland Hydro owned Puget Power, now Puget Sound Energy. Isn’t Scotland foreign, eh BigClive???

BigClive
08-10-2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but right now I'm in Edinburgh to do the power and lighting for the Military Tattoo and the place is full of yanks. :)

scammy
08-10-2006, 10:46 PM
dont frett ; it will be canceled just like the (port deal)when it is made public.

Squizzy
08-11-2006, 07:37 AM
Don't get me wrong Tex I despise overseas companies owning Australian infrastructure as you despise the idea of the Russians buying infrastructure in the US. You mentioned gas pipelines, how many multi-national petro-chemical companies are based in the US? You can't expect then that they won't and don't own the oil and gas pipelines in foriegn counties. As for the power grids I will catch up with some splicers at work from the UK they used to work for a company that was bought out by a US multi-national as to weather it was only the maintenance or the grid itself. The guys reckon it was a great deal as they all got pay rises and better gear....

TEX
08-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Your absolutely right Squizzy, but you know that that doesn't make it right. Everything has a price today in the "Global Economy". There used to be a time when you held your cards to your chest and kept your enemies at arms length! For good reason. Know your strengths. Know your enemies and protect your assets. The corporate whores have ruined this country. Its all about the money. Not about our future.

Trampbag
08-11-2006, 08:43 PM
Are you spending most of your time on Rose Street?

upntheair
08-14-2006, 04:49 AM
At one time, and maybe still, North Scotland Hydro owned Puget Power, now Puget Sound Energy. Isn’t Scotland foreign, eh BigClive???

I used to work for North Scotland Hydro (now called Scottish and Southern Energy) they never owned any overseas co's.
Maybe you're getting them mixed up with Scottish Power who owned Pacificorp?

Cheers
Upntheair

TEX
08-14-2006, 09:46 PM
I hear ya Tex.

BUT...Do you REALLY think the "Corporate whores" are ONLY in America???

Broaden your "scope" man. There's alot of "Corporate whores" TARGETING America.

Unfortunately or fortunately...depending on your "vision" for the world..."Global Economy" is here to stay....for better or worse.

Refrain to... "kum ba yah, and... We are the champions...Of the world."
Then put your pants on in the morning and get your ass to Work!!

Take care of your own.
The rest will work itself out. With or without your concent or approval, so... "bitch on".

I never said or even insinuated that the only place you would find a corporate whore was here. We invented them Swamp. You should know that. We taught the Japanese after WW2. All down hill after that. And for Global Economy...........who's global economy are we talking about. Halliburton's? Exxon/Mobil ? You must love pumping that Opec gas into your tank at those global economic prices and watching on TV as we sell off all our hard assets like our utilities, ports and airlines. I'll honestly tell you that a LOT of what you see happening here ain't happening over there. The smart countries won't lose control of their hard assets because they wouldn't role over and let it happen like your county is letting it happen. And Swamp ol' boy..............................WE ARE THE BEST. I won't roll over and play dead for anybody.

"little beaver"
08-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Poor ole Tex, never had it so good and still whining!! The reality is that the whole freedom loving world is totally dependent on the good ole US of A. I love CAnada, it's a great country to live in, but we are totally dependent on the US to keep us prosperous and free. The US goes down; we've all had it.
For all those that like to down the US both inside and out, come to, quit WHINING and look around. You've never had it so good.

BigClive
08-16-2006, 06:03 AM
Can I just mention that I'm working for PRG here in Scotland at the moment and it's owned by an American?

I'm more worried about the invasion of the Polish here in the UK. Not big corporates but a massive flood of immigrants currently flying past the 500,000 mark who do have modest technical skills and are willing to work for peanuts. As you can imagine all the big "facilities management" companies are wetting themselves with delight at the prospect of ditching British labour for cheap Poles.

Strangely enough, while British trades are being forced to jump through layer after layer of red tape hoops, the Polish are being shipped in by agencies who are "massaging" the red tape to push them through with an abundance of free handouts. Hurrah for Britain. God save the "Queen".

I'm normally quite an amicable sort of chap, but I can see a storm brewing in this country. Any Limeys who have already deserted this sinking ship did so at a good time.

Apples
08-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Big Clive you're joking right? There's a storm brewing in the UK over POLISH
immigration? I have heard little about Poles in the UK plotting to blow up
airplanes or subways. However I have heard of another group....no I better
not go there. I wouldn't want to be accused of profiling a group that has
made such wonderful contributions to the world over the centuries.

TEX
08-18-2006, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Swamprat]OK Tex...AMERICA is fucking up the WHOLE WORLD!! Lets get DOWN on America man! The country YOU live in! Or do you....

"The smart countries won't lose control of their hard assets because they wouldn't role over and let it happen like your county is letting it happen."

You an American "Tex"? :-) You ain't got a profile, so....you're just one of those..."Farts in the breeze".

One minute it's "We invented them Swamp", the next, it's "let it happen like your county is letting it happen."

Come on man. You ain't got the pride or ass to say where you Live?

Sorry Swamp, I've been away from the site for a few days. Had to stop down to Havana to pick up some cigars and visit with your uncle Fidel and the boys from Venezuela. Fidel said 'Hola,.

As far as my profile goes ol buddy, I was a senior member with hundreds of posts but this site lost my info and I havn't updated it yet. Ya know I almost always read your posts ol buddy but you must have missed most of mine. I feel slighted. Actually, I really don't owe you an explanation for anything. For all we on the site know you and little beaver are shack'n up together on Hudson bay watching the Northern lights together. As the saying goes "I wouldn't know you from a bag of ass holes either....." Do a little research ol buddy and if'n there's any reasnin' in thar.....you'll know where I'm coming from. "Ain't America great?" :-)

And as for you little beaver.............I'd NEVER tell anyone that I was from canada. Tell 'em your english or polish or something, but not canadian for christs sake. Is it really true ya only got about 60,000 men, TOTAL in all branches of yur services...............are the rest on vacation or something? Post me back I'd really like to know the answer to that question.

Your friend, TEX

Squizzy
08-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Oh look Wallmart has anounced plans to launch a hostile take-over of Coles-Myer (Australia's largest retail chain). It was a great article on the news on Wallmarts out sourcing of jobs to China,Bangladesh and others, They have cost 1000's of US jobs in the US now they want to do it here. The more I see of it the more I despise the Global market with the big companies (of all countries) destroying small businesses and using cheap labour in impoverished countries for their manufacturing not to mention the shitful wages they pay their staff with the executives on massive wages and bonuses for cost cutting and downsizing jobs it sucks....

"little beaver"
08-19-2006, 03:43 PM
"And as for you little beaver.............I'd NEVER tell anyone that I was from canada. Tell 'em your english or polish or something, but not canadian for christs sake. Is it really true ya only got about 60,000 men, TOTAL in all branches of yur services...............are the rest on vacation or something? Post me back I'd really like to know the answer to that question."

The above is the kinda of a stunned reply that you get when your desperate to justify yourself and can't think of anything to reply with that would make any sense.

BTW: I've served in the Canadian Forces which has a very proud tradition of having never been on the losing side in a war.(Canada was invaded three times in the War of 1812 and decisively won every battle.) A point of interest is that in all Canadian Highland Regiments such as the Canadian Scottish, Nova Scotia Highlanders, Blackwatch etc., every recruit is required to take a sacred oath that they will never retreat in the face of the enemy.

In WW I Canada contributed more manpower on a per capita basis than any other country. 60,000 KIA with a population of 7 Mil.

In WW II 10% of the population served in the forces. On D-Day, Canadians on Juno beach were the only ones to secure all there objectives and to hold them despite being counter-attacked by the elite 12th SS Panzer Div.

In Korea the Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for holding the line at Kapyoung despite the fact that the US and Australians on both sides of them pulled back to keep from being overrun. The Canadians called their Fire support (air bursts) down on their own positions and consequently saved the whole line from being lost.

TEX
08-19-2006, 08:13 PM
"And as for you little beaver.............I'd NEVER tell anyone that I was from canada. Tell 'em your english or polish or something, but not canadian for christs sake. Is it really true ya only got about 60,000 men, TOTAL in all branches of yur services...............are the rest on vacation or something? Post me back I'd really like to know the answer to that question."

The above is the kinda of a stunned reply that you get when your desperate to justify yourself and can't think of anything to reply with that would make any sense.

BTW: I've served in the Canadian Forces which has a very proud tradition of having never been on the losing side in a war.(Canada was invaded three times in the War of 1812 and decisively won every battle.) A point of interest is that in all Canadian Highland Regiments such as the Canadian Scottish, Nova Scotia Highlanders, Blackwatch etc., every recruit is required to take a sacred oath that they will never retreat in the face of the enemy.

In WW I Canada contributed more manpower on a per capita basis than any other country. 60,000 KIA with a population of 7 Mil.

In WW II 10% of the population served in the forces. On D-Day, Canadians on Juno beach were the only ones to secure all there objectives and to hold them despite being counter-attacked by the elite 12th SS Panzer Div.

In Korea the Princess Patricia Canadian Light Infantry was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for holding the line at Kapyoung despite the fact that the US and Australians on both sides of them pulled back to keep from being overrun. The Canadians called their Fire support (air bursts) down on their own positions and consequently saved the whole line from being lost.

Thank God Beav! We'd never won any war without you guys. I take it all back Beav. I guess we almost invaded you once but..........it wasn't worth it.

Squizzy
08-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Encyclopedia
Presidential citation 3 RAR, 23 June 1951

The 3rd Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment, was awarded the United States Presidential Distinguished Unit Citation-Kapyong, Korea, 23-24 April 1951:

Citation:

HEADQUARTERS
EIGHTH UNITED STATES ARMY (KOREA)
Office of the Commanding General
APO 301

GENERAL ORDER
number 453

23rd June 1951

Section 1
AWARD OF DISTINGUISHED UNIT CITATION

BATTLE HONOURS-By direction of the President, under the provisions of Executive Order 9396 (Sec I, WD Bul. 22, 1943) Superceding Executive Order 9075 (SecIII, WD Bul. 16, 1942) and pursuant to authority in AR 260-15, the following units are cited as public evidence of deserved honour and distinction.

3RD BATTALION, ROYAL AUSTRALIAN REGIMENT
2ND BATTALION, PRINCESS PATRICIA'S CANADIAN LIGHT INFANTRY COMPANY A,
72ND HEAVY TANK BATTALION (UNITED STATES)

are cited for extraordinary heroism and outstanding performance of combat duties in action against the armed enemy near Kapyong, Korea, on the 24 and 25 April 1951. The enemy had broken through the main line of resistance and penetrated to the area north of Kapyong. The units listed above were deployed to stem the assault. The 3rd Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment, moved to the right flank of the sector and took up defensive positions north of the Pukham River. The 2nd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry, defended in the vicinity of Hill 677 on the left flank. Company A, 72nd Heavy Tank Battalion, supported all units to the full extent of its capacity and, in addition, kept the main roads open and assisted in evacuating the wounded. Troops from a retreating division passed through the sector which enabled enemy troops to infiltrate with the withdrawing forces. The enemy attacked savagely under the clangor of bugles and trumpets. The forward elements were completely surrounded going through the first day and into the second. Again and again the enemy threw waves of troops at the gallant defenders, and many times succeeded in penetrating the outer defences, but each time the courageous, indomitable, and determined soldiers repulsed the fanatical attacks. Ammunition ran low and there was no time for food. Critical supplies were dropped by air to the encircled troops, and they stood their ground in resolute defiance of the enemy. With serene and indefatigable persistence, the gallant soldiers held their defensive positions and took heavy tolls of the enemy. In some instances when the enemy penetrated the defences, the commanders directed friendly artillery fire on their own positions in repelling the thrusts. Toward the close of 25 April, the enemy break-through had been stopped. The seriousness of the break-through on the central front had been changed from defeat to victory by the gallant stand of these heroic and courageous soldiers. The 3rd Battalion, Royal Australian Regiment; 2nd Battalion, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry; and Company A, 72nd Heavy Tank Battalion, displayed such gallantry, determination, and espirit de corps in accomplishing their missions under extremely difficult and hazardous conditions as to set them apart and above other units participating in the campaign, and by their achievements they brought distinguished credit on themselves, their homelands, and all freedom-loving nations

BY COMMAND OF LIEUTENANT GENERAL VAN FLEET:

Leven C. Allen
Major General US Army
Chief of Staff

www.awm.gov.au/encyclopedia/pres_cit.htm

"little beaver"
08-20-2006, 11:50 AM
"The Patricia's and Australians bedded in and awaited the inevitable battle that would commence on the night of the 23rd. The Australians fended off the Chinese attacks for the full day until they were forced to withdraw on the afternoon of the 24th in order to establish a new defensive line. Once the Aussies had fallen back it was left on the shoulders of the 2PPCLI troops to bear the brunt of the Chinese attacks. The Chinese were obviously no match for the skilled and highly trained Canadian troops attacking non-stop for two days with no success. 2 PPCLI was surrounded and low on ammunition, water, and rations but was able fight off the attackers, at one time even bringing artillery fire down on their own positions."

There will be a Change of Command Parade at the Edmonton Garrison Parade Square on 30th August for 1 PPCLI as they are currently redeploying from Afganistan. I received an invitation to attend this event. The Countess Mountbatten of Burma will be in attendance. I previously met her in the UK in April 2005.

I thank Tex for his inquirey that gave us opportunity to share this information.

Trampbag
08-20-2006, 12:46 PM
The Aussies claim to have shot down The Red Baron as well. Yet Captain Arthur “Roy” Brown, a Canadian “ace”, was officially credited with the “kill”. Apparently Brown was in “hot pursuit” of the Red Baron when an Aussie ground crew opened up on the pair.

Budda
08-20-2006, 02:12 PM
So if they do come in, Is it going to like be the rest of the union work going to the WET backs. We have it hard enough to protect the brotherhood from the rats.

Squizzy
08-21-2006, 07:27 AM
The Aussies claim to have shot down The Red Baron as well. Yet Captain Arthur “Roy” Brown, a Canadian “ace”, was officially credited with the “kill”. Apparently Brown was in “hot pursuit” of the Red Baron when an Aussie ground crew opened up on the pair.

Ha ha thats right I guess we will never know the truth of the matter but it was well known the diggers used to love taking shots at those noisy pricks that kept dropping bombs and straffing the trenches. If Memory serves me right I think it was 3rd Battalion 1AIF, That is the same unit that recieved the Presidential Citation in Kapyong its another one of those things now consigned to the "fog of war".....

old lineman
08-23-2006, 09:14 PM

I would never claim to have a deep knowledge of the goings on in the Canadian military but I wanted to throw this in.
Ironically just the evening before last there was a documentary on the shooting down of the 'Red Baron'. There was a computer generated re-enactment where they could position everyone exactly as they were at the time.
An autopsy that was performed on the body of the Red Baron revealed that a bullet fired from a 303 Lee Enfield rifle entered his body from the side. The entry point was on the lower right rib cage, the projectile exited under the left nipple.
This positively determined that the Red Baron was killed by ground fire and not by the persuing fighter aircraft.
This leaves the Red Barons legacy intact, HE NEVER LOST A DOGFIGHT.
In summary The Aussie's got, em.
The Old Lineman

Trampbag
08-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Apparently according to the same documentary, or similar one, the Aussies almost got Brown too! :eek:

upntheair
08-25-2006, 05:58 AM
I guess these things happen in the "fog of war" but it's worth remembering that the US of A does'nt have agreat record when it comes to "friendly fire"
In fact the British armed forces have lost more men in all recent major conflicts to US "friendly fire" than they have to the enemy

Koga
08-25-2006, 09:56 PM
We in the US make one helluva bomb !!! :D

Trampbag
08-26-2006, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately so do the Russians, Chinese, Indians, Pakistanis, French, British, Israelis, Ukrainians, and countless others. Soon also the Iranians, North Koreans, …

:( :( :(

Squizzy
08-29-2006, 09:26 PM
I guess these things happen in the "fog of war" but it's worth remembering that the US of A does'nt have agreat record when it comes to "friendly fire"
In fact the British armed forces have lost more men in all recent major conflicts to US "friendly fire" than they have to the enemy

We used to have this poster up in the drill hall and its now also on the Battalion shirt its all about Murphy's law of combat. From memory
1/ Remember your equipment is made by the cheapest bidder
2/ Incoming friendly fire is always more accurate than incoming enemy fire
Can't remember the rest I will post them all when I get hold of them lol...

One thing that always made me laugh was when we were using the famed Claymore which was developed by the US to combat the human wave attacks during the Korean war. On the front of the mine moulded into the plastic was the inscription "FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY" I guess at some stage it may have been set up facing the wrong way lol.....