PDA

View Full Version : Tool Of The Month Award

Squizzy
08-11-2006, 08:22 AM
In our section at every safety meeting held every 6 weeks we have the "tool of the month award". The award goes to the most amusing and/or stupid stuff up some of the previous winners and nominations include
a/ filling the diesel company car with unleaded (award winning effort)
b/ stripping more of your thumb than the service cable with a knife (award winning effort)
c/ Filling the work car at a site that doesn't accept the companies fuel card and having to pay yourself!(award winning effort)
d/ this is my favourite, while replacing a service to a duplex the new standard calls for one service to be run for each. Both services were run out and passed up to the linesman to make off, when the cores were being untwisted by walking along with one in each hand I saw the cable fly up and wrap around the plant operators waist! He had given him both ends of the same cable lol I nearly fell over in the bucket i was laughing that much, should have won hands down.(A close second place)

This month has only just started but the nominations are coming in thick and fast and include 2 for myself. One was going out to a job to replace 2 busted transformers in shocking weather only to discover that the modiwark had given up the ghost and we had no spare and couldn't prove the line out! Control center couldn't give us much useful directions as to which 2 of the 7 on the spur were busted we had a look for them in the pitch black gale in the pouring rain. We found 2 in the paddocks then i cancelled the job anyway as we had already worked 10 hours before we took the job with 1.5 hours back to the yard(we do max 16 hours)
Got a combined nomination with another member from this site for nearly rolling a crane the pics are in this forum under "how do upload pictures" (or similar). Had a guy check the depth of a pole hole and drop his cell phone out of his top pocket lol. Same guy got the the line truck bogged in the middle of a grass park in the wet soil with the layer of clay under it.
Another guy (pictures to come) was driving on some nice solid sand when the concrete lids the left wheels were on broke and left the truck resting on the diff.

Myself and other members will try to keep this thread updated with the "leader board" for the month and winner of the 4th months award. Its a good idea and it keeps us all awake during the safety meetings and i think good to bring up the "errors" to avoid them in the future and have some fun in the mean time.

Squizzy
08-12-2006, 12:26 AM
Yep a BlownFuse doesn't work very well or often :D Ah well i guess we will have to wait months for a reply....

BigClive
08-12-2006, 09:49 AM
Since both of "Blown Fuses" posts contribute nothing more than "ZZZZZ" I think we may actually have found the tool of the month. :p

Blownfuse
08-12-2006, 06:36 PM
A aussie,rat and a scott= big whoppie

Orgnizdlbr
08-12-2006, 09:39 PM
A aussie,rat and a scott= big whoppie

Whoppie????? Is that a new sandwich from BK?

LostArt
08-12-2006, 10:10 PM
LOL! For a blown fuse............he did post again! :D

Oh man........thanks again for the grins guys! I needed it after my week!!!

Hemingray Insulators
08-12-2006, 11:45 PM
oh look it, we can't speak for ourselves, how mature :D

zapman3021
08-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Hey did he have a crack at aussies blown fuse pfffft well with a nic like that we know what sort of a liney he is

Squizzy
08-13-2006, 06:43 AM
I'm gonna change my Handle to "Limp dick".
I just can't "cut it" no more.....
:-) :-) :-)

Thanks for that saved me saying it....

LostArt
08-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Oh my. We have a troll.

I don't see many of those on here. Interesting. We are breakin' all kinds of records on this board lately, eh?

Squizzy
08-14-2006, 08:50 AM
I wouldn't put grunts down like that :D He must be hybernating for a couple of days he has had his 2 minutes of fame....

zapman3021
08-15-2006, 05:43 AM
Two minutes of fame well i guess ..................it didnt take me that long to read his responce.....i do like the troll comment nicely done LA

Blownfuse
08-15-2006, 08:57 PM
I am ZLEEPY from your posts.ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hemingray Insulators
08-15-2006, 09:24 PM
and your point is?
You look like an idiot when you make posts like that. do you see anyone else make posts like that? I should think Not.

BigClive
08-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I am ZLEEPY from your posts.ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

That's because we put Hypnol in your beer. Ever wonder why your bottoms so sore in the morning? :rolleyes:

old lineman
08-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Ignore the SOB, he'll go away.
Silence is golden.
The Old Lineman

Blownfuse
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Ignore the SOB, he'll go away.
Silence is golden
Blownfuse

Hemingray Insulators
08-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Cant you think for yourself? all I've ever seen you post is ZZZZZZZZZZ or copy and paste whatever someone elses posts :rolleyes: looks like the poor old grunt wants to be on the lineman site, but he don't know how to play the game..............

zapman3021
08-18-2006, 08:24 AM
oooooooooooo now that was a witty reply you know not even my four year old plays the repeat everything you say game i am glad to see your keeping the flag fliying you know i think i hear your pre school teacher calling its nap yime i think

Line Cowboy
08-26-2006, 12:17 AM
yep sounds like he's just a little child..or maybee just a little penis with a overstuffed ego.... Probably wears flip flops to the bar .... wonder if he's ever had his shit painted....