PDA

View Full Version : Sky high Stir-fry.

BigClive
09-02-2006, 05:06 PM
Just thought I'd post this for fun. It's me doing a stir fry in a wok on a 1K par can (light) up on the lighting rig on the Edinburgh Military Tattoo.

http://www.emanator.demon.co.uk/stirfry.jpg

RWD
09-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Imagination runs wild! What a great idea Clive!

RWD

Trampbag
09-02-2006, 06:58 PM
That’s just too cool Clive.

I love Edinburgh always feel at home there. Those buildings in the background are the beautiful the same all down the Royal Mile. My wife’s Uncle lives at the other end near Holyrood Palace.

Scotland is so nice this time of the year when the weather is good. Actually Scotland is nice all the time.

Thanks for the picture, Mate. Many memories for me in it, all good.

A Wallace, A Wallace - FREEDOM!!!!!

Scotland the Brave!!

:) :) :)

Trampbag
09-02-2006, 07:07 PM
The Flower of Scotland

O Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
Your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

The Hills are bare now,
And Autumn leaves
lie thick and still,
O'er land that is lost now,
Which those so dearly held,
That stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

Those days are past now,
And in the past
they must remain,
But we can still rise now,
And be the nation again,
That stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

0 Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

Sorry, couldna’ resist

Squizzy
09-02-2006, 09:02 PM
That's funny Clive, when I was doing employed as an electrician they guys used to do toast and heat pasties on the protective grill on the work lights. Makes a good element the 500W and 1000w R7's...

I just noticed the crowd in the background lol...

BigClive
09-03-2006, 01:01 AM
That’s just too cool Clive.

I love Edinburgh always feel at home there. Those buildings in the background are the beautiful the same all down the Royal Mile. My wife’s Uncle lives at the other end near Holyrood Palace.

Scotland is so nice this time of the year when the weather is good. Actually Scotland is nice all the time.

Thanks for the picture, Mate. Many memories for me in it, all good.

:) :) :)

Here's a wee snippet of the Tattoo. It's a bit of Google video of the New Zealand band.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-6320619179108008037

I have to say it's quite a nice job. Good bunch of guys to work with, Work that I'm completely comfortable with, very pleasing wages and a room in Edinburgh for the duration. Not bad at all.

BigClive
09-03-2006, 01:06 AM
I think most of the crowd was oblivious to what was going on up on the lighting gantry.

Incidentally, all the rest of the lighting crew had toured and worked in Australia and they were singing the praises of Perth. Just thought I'd mention that since there are a few on this forum from there.

Alan Mac
09-03-2006, 03:20 AM
:D Nice one Clive those 64s do chuck some heat out. I guess using it that way could be taken as helping the environment!

I was lighting a dance show at one of our local theatres back in Feb, middle of a full dress rehearsal and on of the 64s decides to crack it's lens. Shoulda seen them kids run, dance teacher was like "what the f*$k was that? :eek:
I shouted from the back "just a little bulb gone, nothing to get worked up by". She said "can you go and change it"? "Yeah, in a couple hours" says I.

I'm gonna get back home to the Tattoo one of these days, I'll give yer a holler and buy you a pint.

Mac

Squizzy
09-03-2006, 10:01 AM
I think most of the crowd was oblivious to what was going on up on the lighting gantry.

Incidentally, all the rest of the lighting crew had toured and worked in Australia and they were singing the praises of Perth. Just thought I'd mention that since there are a few on this forum from there.

Yep best place to live, I will save you a pint for when you get here Clive...

BigClive
09-03-2006, 01:49 PM
:D Nice one Clive those 64s do chuck some heat out. I guess using it that way could be taken as helping the environment!

I was lighting a dance show at one of our local theatres back in Feb, middle of a full dress rehearsal and on of the 64s decides to crack it's lens. Shoulda seen them kids run, dance teacher was like "what the f*$k was that? :eek:
I shouted from the back "just a little bulb gone, nothing to get worked up by". She said "can you go and change it"? "Yeah, in a couple hours" says I.

I'm gonna get back home to the Tattoo one of these days, I'll give yer a holler and buy you a pint.

Mac

We have about 200 Par cans as general wash illumination for the show, and very occasionally one fails in style. We also had a rare explosive failure of one of the discharge lamps in the followspots this year. It left the operators ears ringing for a while. :)

Definitely drop a note here or email me via my website (bigclive.com) if you're back in Edinburgh during the Tattoo. If I'm on it that year I'll take you up to the followspot gantry to watch the show from the best position in the house.

BigClive
09-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Yep best place to live, I will save you a pint for when you get here Clive...

Make mine a cider. :)

I'm hoping to get over early next year, but I've just been offered work doing the lighting infrastructure at the new BBC studios in Glasgow, so it all depends on how that job goes. I'm guessing it'll run into late March at least.

zapman3021
09-04-2006, 06:25 AM
Wow you are so lucky i would love to go over there even i it was just for a holiday