PDA

View Full Version : Bad Week For Icons

Squizzy
09-08-2006, 10:19 AM
What a crap week we are having first up Steve Irwin becomes only the 3rd or 4th person to ever be killed by a sting ray. They don't exactly know how many as its so rare, and watching the news my 4 year old hears the news and he's just lost the plot. "what's dead?"
"Where's he gone?"
"what and where is heaven?"
"how come he is still on TV?"
"Dad how come you caught big sting rays at the beach and are not dead?"
Guess I am not the parent trying to explain that this week, then on the radio this afternoon Australian racing legend Peter Brock is killed in a rally mile or 2 from where we were working. Had an ambulance scream by at about the time of the accident don't know but presume it was going there. Ah well it can only get better I hope they say it always comes in threes though......

otdrmn
09-08-2006, 03:02 PM
It's a real bugger alright squizzy, Steve Irwins death must have hit you guys like us when Peter Blake was killed, and then Brockey was thats just bloody sad.

Squizzy
09-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Yep I would have thought that Steve Irwin would have been killed by the obvious, a croc but a ray? I know 4 people that have been stung by them. Alot of the old boys i see out fishing when they get them (I don't and don't condone it) is that they cut the barb of them and then get the hooks out.
They are saying that Peter Brock only flew in the England the day before and hadn't got a grip on the car he was driving plus he hadn't had a look at the course that was wet.

Viperexaf
10-09-2006, 05:37 AM
Steve always said if he was gonna get it then it would prolly be in the water, because he's not as agile there like he is on land. but you do have to hand it to the guy, he was fearless when it come to doing what he did best. One good thing about it, he went doing what he loved to do and if any of us has a choice then that's how i would want to go as well. RIP STEVE IRWIN YOU'LL BE MISSED