PDA

View Full Version : Davis Elliot fatality

LinemansGF
09-09-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm Jennifer Hasley, the girlfriend of Victor Morris, the 25 year old Davis Elliot employee they killed on June 13. By any chance has anyone heard anything else about this accident? OSHA still says they can't tell his family anything because it is an open investigation, and of course Davis Elliot won't say a word -- surprise, surprise. So if anyone out there has heard anything at all please get in touch with me.

Thanks,
Jennifer Hasley

US & CA Tramp
09-11-2006, 11:21 AM
I will see if I can find something out for the family.

LinemansGF
09-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Sept. 13- Three months since Vic got killed and for the people that have been looking into Vic's death and getting me any information they can, words can't express how much I appreciate all your efforts. I know you people are putting your necks and jobs on the line by getting information for me, that truly shows what great people you are by going out of your way to help someone you don't even know. If there is ever anyway I can repay your efforts please let me know. Thanks so much!

Thanks,
Jennifer

US & CA Tramp
09-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Linemans GF please check your private messages!!

LinemansGF
09-16-2006, 06:48 PM
I got your message hopefully everything goes that way, because it should. There should be no doubt in anyones mind that Elliott is responsible for Vic dying. I sent you a private message about a couple more questions i thought of after reading your message.

Thanks,
Jennifer

TIRED OF IT
09-18-2006, 07:17 PM
very sorry for your loss

LinemansGF
09-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Would the person I talked to about a week and a half ago please call me back, I have a couple more things I'd like to talk to you about.

Thanks,
Jennifer

lisa
10-03-2006, 12:13 PM
I feel for you Jennifer......My ex-husband was, Dean Tomlin killed 6-6-06 working for Elliot, and we have yet to hear anything either.....We also are not getting workmans comp for his 3 children, nor have we been able to settle the Life Insurance that was left for the children!! Deans father has called Elliot several times to get answers and I have filed with the courts to get this all settled and they still do not respond...Tells you what Elliot really thinks of their employees and the employees family's when a fatality happens....I also have yet to get a phone call from the company sending sympathy for the children.....Truly sad situations....Yet they dont have the nerve to even call the family's and send sympathy....I hope they cant sleep well at night knowing that they did not take the time to properly train these hard working men! They are all about shortcuts! THat is how they train the men that work for them....Just as long as they get their money on time, that is all they are worried about. THey dont worry about the men working for them. Sad....sad....sad.....

Lnemn's Mom
10-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Lisa, you also need to file for Social Security for the kids, if you haven't already done so. If there is anything at all that I can do to help, please either give me a call (304) 208-5723 (anytime) or im me.
Patty

Line Cowboy
10-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Sad so very sad I am so sorry this has happened if I can help let me know

LinemansGF
10-05-2006, 11:59 AM
Vic's family and I have done alot of researching to get the answers we need. We're starting to get some answers but there's still alot of unanswered questions, and it would be great if his crew members from that day would come forward and tell us what actually happened (but we know this is highly unlikely - but we would be extremely greatful). The main thing these people on Vic's crew and every other crew have to remember is that could have been them killed that day on the pole instead of Vic, and I guarantee they would want their families to know the true story about what happened to them and they would want their families taken care of, instead of the company being taken care of. Elliott has never called or sent condolences to Vic's family to my knowledge. They didn't even have the decency to come to the funeral home for the viewing or funeral, to me thats pretty pathetic and cold hearted, whether they liked Vic or not they should have attended out of respect, because I guarantee you he would have. Lisa, I will be more than happy to help you in anyway i can, I can give you the OSHA contacts we've been dealing with, although I'm not sure if they'll be the same for your area - but they should be able to help you hopefully. If you need anything at all, please send me a message or give me a call (304) 481-4983 and I will be more than happy to get you anything you and your children need to get what you deserve from this worthless company.

lisa
10-11-2006, 03:51 PM
Thank you so much!!! I have tried every which way I can to get answers. Nobody will provide any for me from the company. Been 4 months now and still no answers. I dont really know what answers I am looking for. I guess I want to know for the kids......everything I can find out. I want them to know that their Dad was an awesome lineman and he didnt do anything to cause his death, or something!! Thanks for all the caring people out there! :)

LinemansGF
10-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Would the person that I've talked to one the phone a couple times in September please call me back when you get a chance.

Thanks,
Jennifer

lewisgwen2
10-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Vic's family and I have done alot of researching to get the answers we need. We're starting to get some answers but there's still alot of unanswered questions, and it would be great if his crew members from that day would come forward and tell us what actually happened (but we know this is highly unlikely - but we would be extremely greatful). The main thing these people on Vic's crew and every other crew have to remember is that could have been them killed that day on the pole instead of Vic, and I guarantee they would want their families to know the true story about what happened to them and they would want their families taken care of, instead of the company being taken care of. Elliott has never called or sent condolences to Vic's family to my knowledge. They didn't even have the decency to come to the funeral home for the viewing or funeral, to me thats pretty pathetic and cold hearted, whether they liked Vic or not they should have attended out of respect, because I guarantee you he would have. Lisa, I will be more than happy to help you in anyway i can, I can give you the OSHA contacts we've been dealing with, although I'm not sure if they'll be the same for your area - but they should be able to help you hopefully. If you need anything at all, please send me a message or give me a call (304) 481-4983 and I will be more than happy to get you anything you and your children need to get what you deserve from this worthless company.
Thank you for your prayers the were and still are needed 2day he has been gone 4 months he was his father and I 2nd baby we have buried my heart is so broken that i have moved from ohio because i need to be with my family my 2 brothers are all i have left plus a daughter which is very angry at what happen to her babybrother for 2 months she has and I beg him to get of the job but he said it was good money $18.00 a hour was not worth. What i have lost if there is any help you could help me learn what i have to do to or if there are rooms that i could go in to chat with other ppl. thank you again God Bess you and yours.

lewisgwen2
10-14-2006, 02:40 AM
Thank you so much!!! I have tried every which way I can to get answers. Nobody will provide any for me from the company. Been 4 months now and still no answers. I dont really know what answers I am looking for. I guess I want to know for the kids......everything I can find out. I want them to know that their Dad was an awesome lineman and he didnt do anything to cause his death, or something!! Thanks for all the caring people out there! :)
Hi I'am the mother of vic and I would like to say I'am sorry for you and your children's lost. My prayers go out to you all. vic was my 2nd baby I have lost never would a mother think the kids would go before her.

lewisgwen2
10-14-2006, 02:42 AM
Hi I'am the mother of vic and I would like to say I'am sorry for you and your children's lost. My prayers go out to you all. vic was my 2nd baby I have lost never would a mother think the kids would go before her.
sorry the 13th has been 4 moths for us to.

lewisgwen2
10-14-2006, 02:21 PM
I will see if I can find something out for the family.
Hi i'am vic's mom and i thank you all for all your prayers . But I would like to no how you all call each other brothers when no one no's how much i miss my baby and out in this big world no one is willing to stand up and help a mother that lost her 2nd child. i have left my home town my whole life is gone.

Bull Dog
10-14-2006, 03:39 PM
Well mam im sorry for your loss. We cant even begin to imagine what it must feel like to loose a son. I have 2 grown boys. I hope you get some justice and find out all the facts.. Im not really familiar with this case but I know what can happen since Ive worked on the lines for long time. Good luck and may God bless.

woody
10-15-2006, 07:01 PM
WOW...MOTHERS want SOMEONE...ANYONE...too answer questions of what happened to their loved ones! Any one of us...willing to answer? Personally don't care where I'm at or what I'm doing...answer every question to any family first...actually seek them out first to tell-em what happened. What you say... well... let me explain, skydiving;hang-gliding;bungee-jumping;etc....made me be the spokesman more than one time. It's nothing that I sought or rose too... but I lived and learned. Let me make something perfectly clear right now...the above mentioned pursuits were on my own time and freewill. Don't want to take anything from those that lost a loved one and make them think that THEY lived like I do!!!!!!!!! Don't want any family think that their family member took a chance because they've seen it before...better yet took a chance...because nobodys looking. Any crew member that lacks the class or the BALLS to go to the funeral of ANY other member is just that......NO BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!well nugh said abought that..... let's address the situation about the wives?......anybody?woody

woody
10-15-2006, 07:36 PM
O.K. Let the first person with a pair of BALLS respond. woody

lewisgwen2
10-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Well mam im sorry for your loss. We cant even begin to imagine what it must feel like to loose a son. I have 2 grown boys. I hope you get some justice and find out all the facts.. Im not really familiar with this case but I know what can happen since Ive worked on the lines for long time. Good luck and may God bless.
This is my 2nd child i have layed to rest and this last 1 was killed any help wikk do. A mother who just needs some answers

lisa
10-18-2006, 09:15 AM
I also would like to say sorry for your loss......I have suffered tremedously on this. My children have to get by on the 25th, next week, which was their fathers birthday. Then they have to get through the holidays coming up without their father......All of this breaks my heart to no end. Dean and I were divorced, but we did everything to make the 3 children happy. They deserve answers.....Nobody, according to the crew, saw what happened. Which may be the case, I cant say either way. I find it hard to believe that one man would be in a bucket working with hot lines and nobody around supervising, but I do not know enough information about linework to know what is done. I know that it sounds extemely unsafe to me! Again, thank you for all the prayers. They are kept preciously in my childrens hearts every day!!! :) I feel for my middle child, 11 years old, who was very close to his father.....Hunting season is coming up and he doesnt have his dad to get him and take him hunting this year. That was their BIG thing every year! He even wrote a story in Reading class last week about his last hunt with his father. SAD, SAD, SAD......Elliott still has yet to send sympathy, now I say this about the company men at the offices of Elliott etc.....There were lots of men at the funeral that in one way or other worked with Dean in his 19 years of working for them. We asked them to stand up at the funeral and it was amazing to see the men that cared for Dean. Half his family is still employed by Elliott and I can only hope that they are more careful since this accident. I hate to even watch the news when we have bad storms around, because all I can think about is the fact that Dean may have been at one of these places. He called us evey night from LA and FL last year during all the tragedy that they suffered and he said that they were destroyed!!! This year there are no phone calls from the different areas that we do not always get stories on during these storms.....No phone calls, no hunting, no holidays for my children.....Take that one with you to bed at night Elliott!! At least give these kids a phone call.....You all know the number because I have spoken with one or more of you several times over the phone about Deans case.....There has been one extremely helpful lady, JJ, and one very helpful gentleman, Mr. Northern, other than that, the close workers with Dean have not had so much as a Im Sorry to send. It is a shame, but the strangers from this forum has sent more sympathy than the ones at Elliott....Enough about all this now, I must go take care of my children getting to school. :) Great day all!!

Lnemn's Mom
10-18-2006, 02:47 PM
This is my 2nd child i have layed to rest and this last 1 was killed any help wikk do. A mother who just needs some answers
The hardest thing in the world to do is to bury your child, and not be able to get answers as to why it has happened. The crew members are apparently told by the contractor not to answer any questions the family members might have. Consider if the shoe were on the other foot, and you, either as a parent, spouse or child lost a member of your family, or it was you and your family looking for answers. Would you not want your family to able to have closure? Be honest, you know you would, but you're sitting there thinking, its not me, well...... hate to break it to you, but it could have been, or maybe your number will be up next. Show the compassion to the family members that you would want shown to yours. IF you have answers, give them to the family. Its not asking too much. When we lose a child/parent/husband (whatever) we need to know what happened, and why it happened. Give us that. You could be the next one seeking answers, and then - where will you turn?

Lnemn's Mom
10-18-2006, 03:07 PM
Thank you for your prayers the were and still are needed 2day he has been gone 4 months he was his father and I 2nd baby we have buried my heart is so broken that i have moved from ohio because i need to be with my family my 2 brothers are all i have left plus a daughter which is very angry at what happen to her babybrother for 2 months she has and I beg him to get of the job but he said it was good money $18.00 a hour was not worth. What i have lost if there is any help you could help me learn what i have to do to or if there are rooms that i could go in to chat with other ppl. thank you again God Bess you and yours.
Hey, if you need to talk, or there is anything at all I can do, please give me a call. (304) 429-2703 home and cell (304) 208-5723. My son was killed in an incident in June 2005. I'm here if you need to talk.
Patty

Lnemn's Mom
10-18-2006, 03:14 PM
O.K. Let the first person with a pair of BALLS respond. woody
I see, if there is anyone out there on the site who knows what actually happened, apparently they are pretty "ball less" right about now. They don't think it could ever happen to them....... Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the company does it to your co-worker, where do you think you stand? Silence may be golden, but only if you're the ones clinching onto those purse strings. Families demand answers. And, trust me, that isn't too much to ask! Stand up, tell what actually happened, and if the company cuts you for doing so, there are remedies for that too! It takes a mighty good person to stand up for what is right, and giving information about why a loved one has lost their life is the right thing to do. If you know, please come forward and give these families some information. You'll feel a lot better about yourself if you do.

LinemansGF
10-19-2006, 08:53 AM
I know this is going to come across as a shocker to most people, by me making the statement that there are a few good people at Elliot. My explanation for this is simple I finally received the long-waited phone call from an Elliot employee that was there the day Vic got killed. This person answered basically all the questions that I needed answers to, and said the CREW members working that day were all very torn up about what happened to Vic. I never doubted the crew's feelings or actions for a minute, my harsh feelings were directed towards the foremans. I don't in anyway blame the crew members for Vic getting killed, they were only acting upon directions given by their foremans. From this person, I have also found out that there were Elliot workers, not foremans, that did come to Vic's viewing and funeral to pay their respects. I want to thank those workers for this, that does mean alot. I've also heard the workers there the day of the accident are having a hard time coping with it mentally, which is why some of the crew hasn't came forward - they're not hiding anything personally, they mentally just can't right now, but hopefully eventually they will be able to. As for the foremans, that's a completely different story. If your a foreman your supposed to be responsible for your crew, and their safety - which in Vic's death his safety was not thought about apparently by the foremans. I want to thank the person that gave me the answers I needed I appreciate it more than you will ever be able to understand.

Thanks,
Jennifer