PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Signs

GAFF MAN
09-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Hey, Can Anyone Give Me Any Input On What Your Utility Requires For Clearances For Billboard Signs. The Best That I Can Tell For Our 23 Kv System The National Code Is 7.5 Ft. I Feel It Needs To Be At Least 10 Ft. Or More. I Do'nt Know If More Clearances Can Be Enforced. With All The Signs In Our Area Going Up And The People Working On Them I Fell It Is Unsafe. Any Input Would Be Great!

US & CA Tramp
09-26-2006, 01:54 PM
Check in the (NESC) National Electric Safety Code. It will tell you exactly the horizontal and verticle distances.

old lineman
09-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey, Can Anyone Give Me Any Input On What Your Utility Requires For Clearances For Billboard Signs. The Best That I Can Tell For Our 23 Kv System The National Code Is 7.5 Ft. I Feel It Needs To Be At Least 10 Ft. Or More. I Do'nt Know If More Clearances Can Be Enforced. With All The Signs In Our Area Going Up And The People Working On Them I Fell It Is Unsafe. Any Input Would Be Great!

The minimum clearance for unauthorized persons to approach a powerline from 5kv - 150kv is 10 feet.
How can anyone construct or service these structures if they are placed even 10 feet away. Any worker will infringe just by being there.
Looks like the power company needs to send them a letter from their lawyer that it's too dangerous for them to even take them down again so you will and they'll be billed.
Money talks, bullshit walks.
The Old Lineman