PDA

View Full Version : Linework In Ca.

i be tramping now
09-29-2006, 02:35 PM
How many union brothers are out in Ca working? Was wondering about the conditions around LA area,seems alot of money can be made there but is it worth it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

49pan
09-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Heading out to CA myself. Know a couple of brothers out there and the $$$ are good. They are at So Edison and no complaints. Looking forward to the move. Good luck, be SAFE

electric squirrel
09-29-2006, 08:44 PM
You wont make more money anywhere else!!! So Cal Edison has so much work its unbelievable! Anywhere from 5-10's to whatever you are willing to work! Not nearly as much going on up north with PG&E but still good money. I think its $ 38.88 for a J.L. Double time after 8 hrs and on weekends. Iam just an ape and Iam just past 100 k for the year so far....E.S. :cool:

i be tramping now
09-29-2006, 10:29 PM
thanks guys, i was just fired from Ameren in Missouri for damned near nothing,so im going back to contractors and i will be working for Henkles this Monday morning in LA...somewhere close to Riverside area,,so if any you brothers are out there,,i hope to get to shake a hand with ya and hopefully you can show me how its done on the west coast! Ya all be careful,stay safe.

i be tramping now
09-30-2006, 11:31 PM
I think i will be in Carson yrd i believe and a guy named Phil has me planned on working with him,i have no idea if hes a GF or a crew foreman,,,is it mostly 4kv? Do they glove it? Im buying me a bigger suitcase cause im gonna fill it with $$$$$....take care bud....and thanks for the replys!

racinsprintz10
10-03-2006, 10:39 PM
Im a lineman working in southern california right now. I'm from the Ameren area as well and got the hell out of there 2 months after i topped out and been in California ever sense. great money, great brothers, tough work, but worth it. Just keep your head up, the standard is a little behind the times.

i be tramping now
10-15-2006, 08:50 PM
i ended up in Oakland Ca,hell hole of the world! Work is ok,area is terrible,GF is a coke addict the money is wonderful. Things will get better soon,good luck guys!