PDA

View Full Version : LA..."Be gone?"

loodvig
10-15-2006, 09:18 AM
Indeed, she has been missing! Hope all is well!

loodvig
10-16-2006, 06:11 AM
I also emailed her with no reply!

lineman641
10-17-2006, 12:00 PM
yeah, this is a bit unusual.hope all is o.k.

BigClive
10-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm sure she's fine. Just distracted on something else at the moment.

Orgnizdlbr
10-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Well, it turns out that LA's computer went belly up so that's why she hasen't been around for awhile.

She said to tell everybody "Hi", and she'll be back on as soon as she gets her computer fixed.

Well its bad news about her pc but glad all is well otherwise...

LostArt
10-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Come ON LA!!

You're up and runnin....Where the HELL are ya!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-)

**laughs**

Well, so far I am Swamp! Now this monitor acts like it's gonna go out on me! It's starting to go pink around the edges. I have no idea what's up. Any idea guys why monitors might blow? Jeeze.

Well, this is great guys! I had no idea you guys would miss lil' ole me! :D And over 400 views at that! LMAO! I told the boss that there would be a few of you that "might" just miss me! He only grinned, shook his head and said, "Just a few? You've spent more than two years on this site and it's only a few?" Hehehehe.........He thinks I'm too sassy! So, I guess some of you guys don't mind my sassy self??????? Heh.

Swamp gave me a call like I told him to when I sent him a package with RWD's stuff. Of course I've talked to Swamp off and on a few times and most of it was about computer stuff! :D And here I am, with computer problems! What is it with me and these computer issues??? Jeeze. So nice to hear your voice again Swamp. We keep saying we four will get together and hopefully it will be in the near future. The boss and I would love to meet you and Mrs. Swamp. However, the boss says, "....get together with a beer? Tell him it won't be just one." :D

Thanks guys for checkin' on me. And loodvig, I did get your email buddy!! Thanks! And RWD..........I'll post in your thread. Clive, I can get tied up from time to time.........believe it or not! Heh. And 641.........it is a bit unsual for me to not post here!! I usually have SOMETHING to post back, right? Whether or not it's linework or not! And hopefully no one has picked on me, for you all know I'd have something to come back with! Heh.

Georgie, I'm doing great buddy. My Marine son-in-law is home. He and the girl went to Cancun on their delayed "honeymoon" and celebrated two years of their marriage together. You will love this...........My Marine SIL told my daughter, "Tell Mom and Pops they have got to go places and see things. They would love these places. Tell Pops it would be harder to get around on the beach with a wheelchair." LOL! In other words, the boss needs to get around now while he can!

So great to be back, however, I still have this monitor issue I have to work on before it blows again. Man...oh ....man.

Alan Mac
10-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Hey LA, naver posted to you before but your posts always make me laugh.
Welcome back from the other side (UK).

Mac

loodvig
10-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Well, I guess it's true! You even miss a pimple when it's gone! ;)

LostArt
10-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey LA, naver posted to you before but your posts always make me laugh.
Welcome back from the other side (UK).

Mac

**gives her southern wave** Hey Mac! Nice to meet ya. You mean to say you actually understand my lingo in UK????? Wow. You must of seen a few re runs of Dallas. Ummm...........no, Dallas was too serious of a show. Maybe HEE HAW???? :D

Well, I guess it's true! You even miss a pimple when it's gone! ;)

Well GeeWhiz. Thanks alot Loo!!! (yeah, I'm laughing) You cut me to the quick there you mean ole Yank!!! Heh.

But, I'm thinking I'm hearing a few moans and groans from a few that have had a great vacation from me!!! **smirks** OH WEEEELLLL!!! Hehehehe

Orgnizdlbr
10-28-2006, 07:20 PM
Grace! Nice ta see ya kid!!! Hope that Marine is getting some good homecookin to go along with that R&R!! Wheel chair on the beach? Naw, I know the boss aint as old as me...

LostArt
10-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Grace! Nice ta see ya kid!!! Hope that Marine is getting some good homecookin to go along with that R&R!! Wheel chair on the beach? Naw, I know the boss aint as old as me...

Oh.....that girl of mine loves cookin'!! I have no idea where she gets it from because it ain't me and my mother!!! Most be the BOSS! :D

**ppufftt** You ain't in no wheel chair Georgie!

And it's always a pleasure postin' with you Georgie.

Alan Mac
10-29-2006, 02:37 AM
I understand you just fine M'lady. We got friends in Chicago we've known for near 15 years. They've spent a lot of that time trying to teach us Americanese and we've been trying to teach them to speak proper English too. We all get nowhere with it so we just muddle along and have a ball doing so.
We came over for three weeks in May, and we drove a loop from Chicago down south on Route 66 to LV then back up via Utah to Chicago, NE into Canada to Niagara Falls then back down through New York and across Indiana. 8 1/2 thousand miles and we never saw the sea! You guys got a big place over there, with some real pretty spots to go see too.

We'll be back....

Mac

LostArt
10-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Damn... it's good to see you back!!! :-)

Tell "Robert"....YES you were missed. :-)
Ok...2 Beers, Whenever we finally get together. :-)

LOL! I'll tell him at least TWO! :D

I understand you just fine M'lady. We got friends in Chicago we've known for near 15 years. They've spent a lot of that time trying to teach us Americanese and we've been trying to teach them to speak proper English too. We all get nowhere with it so we just muddle along and have a ball doing so.
We came over for three weeks in May, and we drove a loop from Chicago down south on Route 66 to LV then back up via Utah to Chicago, NE into Canada to Niagara Falls then back down through New York and across Indiana. 8 1/2 thousand miles and we never saw the sea! You guys got a big place over there, with some real pretty spots to go see too.

We'll be back....

Mac

Mac, you have been more places than me! LOL! And I've lived here my whole life! Talked to a gent yesterday at the car show. He was from NYC. He had a '67 GMC truck. Nice paint job with the fire flares on it. While I was talking to him about his truck, he asked me, "Are you a native here?" I grinned and said, "Well, I grew up 50 miles north of here but have lived my whole life around the rivers here." He thought that was cool. And asked if I ever tangled with a gator. I grinned and said I've met up with a few 2 legged ones but not the fourlegged ones. Heh. I'm a Florida Gator fan---we don't live far from the University of Florida. Ever heard 'bout dem dar Gators, Mac? :D

But the main thing was that he liked North Central FL. He said he had always traveled to Tampa and knew that area well, but had really grown to love this area. He and his wife moved here a couple of months ago. He asked how hot does it get here. I told him the hottest months were usually July/August. He said he might go north during those months! LOL! I told him you either like it or you don't down here in Florida.

You will have to post some pics of your country Mac. I'd love to see your part of the world!!! Swamp has a thread here that we post pics in. Please share with us your part of the world sometime Mac.

Alan Mac
10-29-2006, 01:09 PM
Sunny said we'd probably been more places than most people who live in the USA. We hit 21 states in three weeks plus Canada, not too bad for a first trip to the country.
I've heard bout them gators down in the swamps, really makes me want to visit. NOT. I did have some Gatorade while we were there though, you can't get that over here. We tried to see and do some of what we over here consider "typically American". Hotdogs, pretzels, Chicago pizza. Hell, it looks like my life revolves around food. Went to some real nice places too, and we stayed in motels every night and couldn't believe how cheap it is over there compared with home. Plan on coming back 2008 to do New England area in the fall.

I'll see if I can get some pictures together for you guys, We live on the south coast and there's some real pretty scenery around here.

Take care all.

Mac

lineman641
10-29-2006, 02:54 PM
**laughs**

And 641.........it is a bit unsual for me to not post here!! I usually have SOMETHING to post back, right? Whether or not it's linework or not! And hopefully no one has picked on me, for you all know I'd have something to come back with! Heh.

a lineman's wife always has something to say ;) and i don't think anyone would pick on you .i think the " rath of L.A " would be to much for us to handle. :D welcome back :)

LostArt
10-29-2006, 04:31 PM
Gatorade. Mac, I can't remember the last time I had Gatorade. Did you get any boiled peanuts, okra, and grits? How about apple pie or homemade icecream? But, I don't think you will get any of those at the New England coastline! LOL! Oh, maybe the apple pie. :D I could be wrong though. I learn something new all the time. Just for starters.... Did you know that the state of NJ won't let their citizens pump their own gas??? I sincerely thought the whole USA had gas stations that were ALL "self serving" ones! Blew my mind, it did! :D

and i don't think anyone would pick on you .i think the " rath of L.A " would be to much for us to handle. :D

Oh bull honky!!! I'm as tame and meek as a newborn kitten.

He he he he

Thank you 641. I actually missed all you bozos! :D

Alan Mac
10-30-2006, 02:01 AM
We had grits but didn't really care for them, the biscuits and gravy were better. Apple pie is more of Sues kinda thing. The steaks are so much better over there than here too.

Mac

BigClive
10-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Grits... I think I can sum up the UK opinion of grits by saying they're worse than porridge. And that's pretty bad. :)

Orgnizdlbr
10-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Grits... I think I can sum up the UK opinion of grits by saying they're worse than porridge. And that's pretty bad. :)

Grits aint pretty bad their awful.......http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/icons/icon13.gif

LostArt
10-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey! Hey! Hey!!

You all can KISS my GRITS!!!!!

:D

Orgnizdlbr
10-30-2006, 10:15 PM
WAIT a minute!!!!!!!!............

Ya'll ain't eatin Grits right!!.

Ya got to put about a quarter stick of butter in your bowl of grits,
"slather" em with ground black pepper and salt...mix it all up to where the butter just "soaks" them grits....Now THAT's "Grits".

Otherwise...yea,
They're drier than a popcorn fart, and got 0 taste.

BUT, do it like I said, then put a spoonful of them puppies on some buttered toast.....

Tell me I'm wrong..... :-) :-)

Swamp, the grits ive had couldnt be doctored with caviar no less butter!

LostArt
10-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Swamp, the grits ive had couldnt be doctored with caviar no less butter!

LMAO!!

The Boss makes the best cheese grits EVER!!! "uuuummmm.....uuummmm....good!"

Now me? Mine are always too lumpy! You must have had some of mine Georgie! LOL! :D

Orgnizdlbr
11-01-2006, 06:19 AM
LMAO!!

The Boss makes the best cheese grits EVER!!! "uuuummmm.....uuummmm....good!"

Now me? Mine are always too lumpy! You must have had some of mine Georgie! LOL! :D

Grace, I will say the grits Ive had are a good substitute for wall board compound...if ya have a few holes to patch in your sheetrock. Grits do a good job for patching cracks in sidewalks too.....http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/icons/icon12.gif

LostArt
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
Grace, I will say the grits Ive had are a good substitute for wall board compound...if ya have a few holes to patch in your sheetrock. Grits do a good job for patching cracks in sidewalks too.....http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Why I outta...............................but, I won't Georgie. I was taught to respect my elders. HA! :D

Tell me George, is it true that your state won't let you pump your own dag gum gas? Just heard about that a few weeks ago and I understand that maybe Iowa is the same. What's up with that buddy? You guys can't pump a nozzel????? :D :D

Orgnizdlbr
11-01-2006, 04:50 PM
Why I outta...............................but, I won't Georgie. I was taught to respect my elders. HA! :D

Tell me George, is it true that your state won't let you pump your own dag gum gas? Just heard about that a few weeks ago and I understand that maybe Iowa is the same. What's up with that buddy? You guys can't pump a nozzel????? :D :D

I dont know about Iowa Grace, but ya heard right about jersey. Something to do with the fuel retailers ....and state law. It makes no sense to me....Glad to see your PC is working now. we missed ya kid...nice to see someone respects their elders round here....http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/icons/icon10.gif

T-Saw
11-01-2006, 07:04 PM
HA.... finally something I can verify for a fact.... In Iowa there is no law that says you can not pump your own gas. As a matter of fact,most places only have self serve. When I moved to the town I'm in now, there were 3 full service stations, out of 5 total. Sadly the last one just shut down last year. They sold out to Caseys, which was great for them..... but bad for the little old ladies, who liked having someone to pump their gas. Of the hundred or so gas stations within 50 miles of me , I can only think of 1 that still will pump your gas for you.

So there... I finally contributed something worthwhile....roughly speaking...lol

Hey Swamprat.... I thought of you the other day when I was stocking up on Cap'n..... on sale for 18.99 a handle, with a 5 $ per bottle rebate, that's 13.99 and ,THAT , is one heck of a deal , if'n ya ask me , lol. Limit 6 rebates per address .

And finally.... welcome back L. A. I know that it sure annoys me when I have computer problems... and the kids, well jeez, you'd think they were going to die if the computer' s out , and heaven forbid they should actually have to look in an encyclopedia or something. LOL

n_ogden
11-01-2006, 08:22 PM
I dont know about Iowa Grace, but ya heard right about jersey. Something to do with the fuel retailers ....and state law. It makes no sense to me....Glad to see your PC is working now. we missed ya kid...nice to see someone respects their elders round here....http://www.powerlineman.com/lforum/images/icons/icon10.gif

When I was in jersey for my first time back in april, I tried to pump my own gas, but I got yelled at lol. Is it required that you have to tip the guy who pumps your gas? At first I thought that gas pumper guy was trying to steal my money LOL

LostArt
11-01-2006, 10:25 PM
When I was in jersey for my first time back in april, I tried to pump my own gas, but I got yelled at lol. Is it required that you have to tip the guy who pumps your gas? At first I thought that gas pumper guy was trying to steal my money LOL

LMAO! I'm sure that happens often with tourists. I can hear it now.........

"HEY LADY!! Put down the nozzle!! You heard me, put it back in the slot. Now back away SLOWLY. Slowly away from the pump......."

LostArt
11-01-2006, 10:35 PM
So, it wasn't Iowa? Ummm........I thought it was some midwestern town out there...........

And finally.... welcome back L. A. I know that it sure annoys me when I have computer problems... and the kids, well jeez, you'd think they were going to die if the computer' s out , and heaven forbid they should actually have to look in an encyclopedia or something. LOL

LOL! Kids would die without a computer! I think I have a memory of my father saying we watched too much tv! The funny thing is, he kept us working after we got off the bus, and then we only watched 2 hours the most at night before going to bed! Saturdays were spent outdoors and Sundays were church and playing basketball, softball or football and then was watching sports on tv! And "we" watched too much TV!!! LOL!

The thing is, I listened to the radio too much back then. I can sing just about in '60's and 70's song word for word. :D

Thanks for the welcome back T-Saw and it's good to see you posting!!! :D

T-Saw
11-03-2006, 07:43 PM
L.A

We didn't watch near as much t.v. when I was a kid either. I have 3 of my own, now and they watch more than I probably did, but not near as much as most kids I know. Mine like to listen to music , as a matter of fact I can hear some Aerosmith playing from the stereo in the basement.... hmmm sounds like Walk this Way.... and the clack of the pool balls, so they must be shootin a little pool.One of the boys does probably play a little too much nintendo , and gameboy , but he stops whenever we tell him too.. This time of year though we stay pretty busy with hunting and trapping and such , so they get outside quite a bit too.

Swamprat,

I hadn't ever seen that good of a deal either, so we did stock up. As far as Admiral Nelson... he's a sap... lol... actually my brother in law gets that usually. Generally we can get it for 13.99 a handle. After about 4 or 5 Cap'n and cokes, most people don't even notice if you switch it to Admiral Nelson.There is one other one that is a cheap knockoff.... I can't remember the name of it , but it packaged about the same and has a similar sailor type name....Swabby Sampson , or some such nonsense,lol, it's usually 11.99 and if ya pay cash, it can be had for 10.99...... I've never had the guts to try it though.Actually I have the guts, it's just that I'd like to keep them on the inside where they belong. I am going to try something new tonight though. I'm going to try Cap'n with Coke Blak. It's sort of a coffee flavored Coke , in case you haven't heard of it. I know it sounds weird , but I just love the stuff, and I know it mixes well with Jack , so I'm thinkin maybe it will work with the Cap'n as well. I'll let ya know.

L.A. The tunes coming from the basement , just switched to Jimmy Buffet.... anybody for some "boat drinks" ? I think the kids must be into my cd collection. All in all they are pretty cool kids , they don't give me too much crap, they like my music and don't try to force me to listen to their stuff, most of which I have a hard time tolerating. The oldest even suprised me when we went car shopping.... I figured he would want a souped up ricer all covered with " graphics , neon , and carbon fiber " but he found an 83 El Camino and just fell in love with it. So that's what he has now. It needs some work , but I have to admit, it's pretty cool already.

LostArt
11-04-2006, 09:56 AM
L.A

L.A. The tunes coming from the basement , just switched to Jimmy Buffet.... anybody for some "boat drinks" ? I think the kids must be into my cd collection. All in all they are pretty cool kids , they don't give me too much crap, they like my music and don't try to force me to listen to their stuff, most of which I have a hard time tolerating. The oldest even suprised me when we went car shopping.... I figured he would want a souped up ricer all covered with " graphics , neon , and carbon fiber " but he found an 83 El Camino and just fell in love with it. So that's what he has now. It needs some work , but I have to admit, it's pretty cool already.

LOL! Sounds like mine. 'Course mine are gone from home now. But, they loved Aerosmith. The boss and I would laugh about that. Here this group is older than we are and our kids like them. Guess that is saying something about them though, eh?

T-Saw, I use to stand on my bed and sing to my mother's 33 1/3's and 45's! I was singing, "Hang your Head Down Tom Dooley", when my mother came in oneday and looked up at me grinning. She said, "Well, I know all your favorites out of my collection now honey and if I didn't know them word by word back then, I do now!" LOL! Not very long ago she was telling my niece that she reminded her of me at her age. I don't know if that is GOOD or not! That girl is a handful! She is prissy, but also a hardheaded tom boy!

An 83 El Camino, eh? What was the year they quit making those, do you know?

T-Saw
11-05-2006, 08:33 AM
L.A.

The El Camino was produced , under various names and trim packacges from 1959, to 1961, and then brought back again in 1964 and produced until 1987. This info is from a web site I found , but i guess it could be correct...lol... I guess I don't remember any new ones being built after I graduated high school... and I certainly don't remember any being built 10 years before I was born.

LostArt
11-05-2006, 08:47 AM
'87, eh? I wondered because I remember them more in the '70's. We worked for a man in tobacco that had a couple of them. One was beater and the other one he drove around in. I actually dated his son once and we went out in it (the newer one---not that it matters! lol ). But, the El Camino is what I remember it being called. I really don't know much about them other than I do know what they WERE. Another lost art?

The boss and I have been working on the '93 Jeep Wrangler. I was calling it the Grandchild (since we don't have one) but the boss insists that it is the Vampire. So, now I say, "Let's go in the Vamp." I'll have to take some pics today so you can see what all I've ordered for it. I say me, because the boss was happy the way it was! But, he has been a good sport about it. Which is surprising since he doesn't like to get off his wallet much. :D