PDA

View Full Version : Q&A Page vs Forum

eggcrafter
10-11-2006, 10:20 AM
Almost there with our website. Thank you again for your questions to me in here and in private.
I'm wondering if we should add a forum page for it. As the user's of our tape you again would know best on what would work for you.

I've gotten some nice kudo's from you all and can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

We are also considering offering a $50. finders fee for phone numbers to maintance groups around the world. That would be paid to the first person (only) to supply us with the information on that certain shop or plant and that the lead turns into an order. So far, we are at 100%, we have never shown it to someone that didn't become a customer.

This would be the Forum I'd go to to offer it.. so what do you think?

The new site will be up soon.. the old is still there..

http://www.gtgengineering.com

Trampbag
10-11-2006, 01:05 PM
I can understand your enthusiasm for your product. I question the venue you have chosen to solicit “commission salesmen”. It would be easier, and more productive for you for sure, if you approached your potential customers yourself. Try “Google” power utilities or advertise under “Vendor Index” on this site.

One possible site for you to start may be:

http://www.business.com/directory/energy_and_environment/electric_power_utilities/transmission_and_distribution/

Most of the users of this forum are tradesmen, not purchasing agents, and have very little influence on a utility choosing a product for use in the system. I would hate to see you unduly expend your energy where there can be little return.

Good luck in your enterprise.

eggcrafter
10-11-2006, 02:10 PM
I understand what you are saying, but, how our plans are is to go to the guys that use it.. if they like it.. then they can contact the powers that Be to order. If you go to the guys that do the buying.. they have no problem just saying.. electrical tape.. we have some already type attitude. Even if shown the tape they really don't seem to have enough knowledge in that area to know what is in front of them or the use for it. They say oh yeah, this stuff is great.. I'll send it to some of our guys to try out.. only to find out later it stayed in their desk or stayed in the guy's desk he sent it to and they had no reason to 'try' it to see what an amazing product it is.. so there it sits once again.
When we started out we sent out over 100 samples. After not ONE call.. we followed up with a call of our own. Usually with the reply of.. "Oh yea, I have that here somewhere... or "I remember getting that.. I don't remember what I did with it tho can you send another" They have to SEE this work.. then like I said.. 100% have bought!

We are very unconventinal in our methods I'd say as you've seen. I may be totally wrong doing it this way but, as a small but growing company we want to try and keep away from reps and such for as long as possible.

I will look up that site you put for me to check out.
I hope you forgive me for using you's as lab rats :)
We want to start focusing on the smaller companies out there but trying to not do it with 'samples' in the mail.

Hugs
Beth

Went to the link, so came back to edit.
Yes, I've been to many'a site like this. If you go to those sites as a layman/woman and want to reach their maintance department... ??? That is what I have been trying to do off and on now for 2 years.
I know how hard it is to reach them and that is who hubby wants to get and focus on. Not fill out forms to be a new 'supplier' if that can be avoided at all possible.
We have the different uilities that are purchasing from us and testimonials but, there are hundred's of thousands of places to reach... ok so I sound like I'm in a hole digging my way out with a garden shovel!!
I'll make it to China before I get dug out so I can start sellin it there.
I just want to find a way to sell to the good ole U.S. of A the best way I can instead of having our UK and Canadian offices being the biggest of our USA Company. For now at least. They are growing faster than we are.
It's much easier to reach bosses and workers in either of those countries than our own.
Ok, I'm back to yackin.
Sorry.
Hugs again

Trampbag
10-11-2006, 02:50 PM
“I may be totally wrong doing it this way but, as a small but growing company we want to try and keep away from reps and such for as long as possible.”

So what you’re say is that you, as a company rep with an amazing product that sells itself, are going to continue to bother us, in a tradesmen’s forum where the participants have almost no input into company buying, for as long as possible because conventional and proven sales practices aren’t working too well for you. I may be just a dumb lineman but I’m having a hard time following your logic.

Oh well, break a leg.

Hurricane Harry
10-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Our utility is a member of the Western Energy Institute. They have many confrences through out the year with variuos vendors attending. You might try to promote your product there. http://www.westernenergy.org/

eggcrafter
10-12-2006, 12:46 PM
Every little bit helps.

Thank you again